• Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Station clocks Creating clocks to synchronize with simulation Rate Topic: -----

#41 User is offline   roeter 

• Vice President
  • Group: Status: Elite Member

Posted 13 January 2020 - 03:32 PM

Cabview analogue clock has already been implemented, for quite some time.
This is the definition in the .cvf file :
                DialClock (
			Hours (
				Position ( 191 286 1 22 )
				Pivot ( 3 )
				Graphic ( "../../../Cabs/Diesel/CAB_DB_628/628-hour.ace" )
			)
			Minutes (
				Position ( 191 286 1 30 )
				Pivot ( 3 )
				Graphic ( "../../../Cabs/Diesel/CAB_DB_628/628-minute.ace" )
			)
			Seconds (
				Position ( 191 286 1 30 )
				Pivot ( 3 )
				Graphic ( "../../../Cabs/Diesel/CAB_DB_628/628-second.ace" )
			)
		)

In this case, it requires three dials (similar to other dials). The clock itself is part of the main cabview 'front' display.

Regards,
Rob Roeterdink

#42 User is offline   Csantucci 

• Member, Board of Directors

Posted 14 January 2020 - 07:37 AM

Hi jonas,
I've inserted your patch in my local copy of OR NewYear MG, and I must say that your clocks look out very well! I have the intention to upload such copy within tomorrow, so everyone has an easy way to test the feature.
One remark about the code: in Shapes.cs you have added these two variables
        private string shapeFilePath;
        private WorldPosition worldMatrix;

however VS says that they aren't used, so you should delete such two lines.
Moreover re writing code please read the paragraph "General Requirements" of this document https://github.com/t...CONTRIBUTING.md and the documents linked within such paragraph, and try to adhere to what is written there where reasonable.
Don't consider the rest of the document as of now, because I'm unsure whether it is still up to date.

#43 User is offline   jonas 

• Engineer
  • Group: Status: Contributing Member
  • Simulator:MSTS & OR

Posted 14 January 2020 - 12:07 PM

View PostCsantucci, on 14 January 2020 - 07:37 AM, said:

...however VS says that they aren't used, so you should delete such two lines.
Moreover re writing code please read the paragraph "General Requirements" of this document https://github.com/t...CONTRIBUTING.md and the documents linked within such paragraph, and try to adhere to what is written there where reasonable.
Don't consider the rest of the document as of now, because I'm unsure whether it is still up to date.
Sorry for unconventional nameings in the code - I didn't think it could be adopted that quickly and I'll read the "General Requirements" right away.
The two unused variables are in fact "development backlogs" and I delete them, thanks hinting me.

View PostCsantucci, on 14 January 2020 - 07:37 AM, said:

I've inserted your patch in my local copy of OR NewYear MG, and I must say that your clocks look out very well! I have the intention to upload such copy within tomorrow, so everyone has an easy way to test the feature.
I am very glad about this and it is really good news! Not because it's my code (which, by the way, was only possible with the active advice of a good OR programmer), but above all because it finally brings the subject of OR-clocks forward and everyone can try it easely. So, of course I like that :-)

First and foremost, I wanted to refresh the discussion here on the topic station clocks with the patch and to hear the opinions of the community.
For an OR-programmer-crack (and unfortunately I'm not one!) it seems to me to be a not too big next step to "beam" a digital clock in form of a 3D text to certain shapes like station buildings or clock-shapes, similar to how platform names work or the digital clock in a Cabview is seen. Easy to say when I can't do it myself, but am I wrong?
Anyway, I would be interested in a discussion about whether, for example, such digital clocks should also be listed parametrically in the Clocks.dat and whether the patch shows the right way for OpenRails to implement external clocks at all.

#44 User is offline   Csantucci 

• Member, Board of Directors

Posted 14 January 2020 - 01:10 PM

Analog station clocks showing game time are now available within OR NewYear MG rev. 49. Take into account, however, that this feature has still to be approved as such by the ORMT (I see that jonas hasn't yet created a blueprint or a Trello box), and, even if approved, could be subject to request for modifications. Anyhow it is useful for testing to have it integrated within OR NewYear MG.

#45 User is offline   jonas 

• Engineer

Posted 16 January 2020 - 10:48 AM

A small guideline to create analog clocks for the tentative feature in the OR Monogame version.

Attached File  Guideline Handbuch Analoge ORClocks V1.0 eng und deu.pdf (53.88K)
Number of downloads: 542

The first page in English, the second in German.
Please post further suggestions for the guideline here or send me a message. Thanks!

#46 User is offline   vitro 

• Apprentice
  • Group: Status: New Hire
  • Simulator:Open Rails

Posted 08 April 2020 - 04:46 PM

Analogue clocks are cool. What about digital clocks? I think it will be great if there is a signal script function which returns game time, such as gametime().

#47 User is offline   ebnertra000 

• Superintendant
  • Simulator:OR/TSRE

Posted 08 April 2020 - 05:40 PM

Why signal scripts? I've never heard of a signal that needs the time...

I wonder whether something like a speedpost number display, or maybe a cabview-style digital clock could be done for world object digital clocks

#48 User is offline   vitro 

• Apprentice

Posted 10 April 2020 - 12:56 PM

Some clocks shows real time and time since last train (interval clock). Here's the example from Moscow underground:
https://cs9.pikabu.r...60126345745.jpg
This additional clock restarts from zero as train occupies first block after the station. It will be cool to have time-obtaining signal script function to make this.

#49 User is offline   jonas 

• Engineer

Posted 10 April 2020 - 07:48 PM

Hi,
I also find digital clocks very desirable and, as mentioned by ebnertra000, this should be realized similar like it worked with milestones I think. One should be able to name a shape and project the digits onto it. In post #38, I explained what I can imagine for possible digital clocks in the file Clocks.dat.

View Postvitro, on 10 April 2020 - 12:56 PM, said:

Some clocks shows real time and time since last train (interval clock). Here's the example from Moscow underground:
https://cs9.pikabu.r...60126345745.jpg
This additional clock restarts from zero as train occupies first block after the station. It will be cool to have time-obtaining signal script function to make this.

The interval clocks that are common with some suburban trains, subways and also trams would certainly increase the realism of Open Rails. But is the effort to define extra OR-signal script extensions in the right proportion to the game's usage?
Does it correspond to the average player's perspective (e.g. Cabview) that you would even notice the reset to 0 of such an interval clock on a signal screen? After all, the reset of the interval clock would always only happen after you have already passed the signal.
And a second, perhaps really more serious problem: In an activity, you often don't have any trains ahead! But if no train in front of the player train what actually sets the interval clock to zero? So the player would always see the total time since the start of the activity on the interval clock I afraid ...in the case of the Moscow Metro then may be permanent seen "9:59"?

Youtube video, jump to minute 2:20: https://www.youtube....h?v=pkyldv6y4_o

#50 User is offline   vitro 

• Apprentice

Posted 11 April 2020 - 04:32 AM

The interval clocks itself can be done right now throw Check_Timing_Trigger() function. Problem is in main clock, which show real time. Interval clock turns off after 9:59, and turns on again when train passes exit signal at station. So it is not a problem. But if you have a train ahead in activity or multiplayer session, it becomes really interesting

• 9 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

4 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 4 guests, 0 anonymous users