• You cannot reply to this topic

Station clocks Creating clocks to synchronize with simulation Rate Topic: -----

#51 User is offline   jonas 

• Engineer
  • Group: Status: Contributing Member
  • Simulator:MSTS & OR

Posted 11 April 2020 - 05:09 AM

View Postvitro, on 11 April 2020 - 04:32 AM, said:

The interval clocks itself can be done right now throw Check_Timing_Trigger() function.
Is the Check_Timing_Trigger() function an OR signal script function? I ask because I do not know it from MSTS. (But I am rarely involved with signal scripts at the moment either)

View Postvitro, on 11 April 2020 - 04:32 AM, said:

... Interval clock turns off after 9:59, and turns on again when train passes exit signal at station...
Does the interval Clock really switch off when 9:59 minute is reached? Is this how it works in reality, for example in the Moscow Metro? ...sorry for my not knowing.

#52 User is offline   vitro 

• Apprentice
  • Group: Status: New Hire
  • Simulator:Open Rails

Posted 11 April 2020 - 08:25 AM

View Postjonas, on 11 April 2020 - 05:09 AM, said:

Is the Check_Timing_Trigger() function an OR signal script function? I ask because I do not know it from MSTS. (But I am rarely involved with signal scripts at the moment either)

Yes, it is recently added or-specific function.

Does the interval Clock really switch off when 9:59 minute is reached? Is this how it works in reality, for example in the Moscow Metro? ...sorry for my not knowing.

It depends on how Clock is set. After 9:59 it can switch off, or begin from 0:00. In Novosibirsk Metro it start counting only minutes on two right digit positions. Here's example of first case: https://www.instagra.../p/BTthroOFGuy/

#53 User is offline   jonas 

• Engineer

Posted 11 April 2020 - 08:44 AM

Actually an interesting video - thank you for providing it!

Thought about the expecting OR game experience some more: In an activity lasting longer than 10 minutes, in OR/MSTS such an interval signal would always be dark when the player train is approaching, because there are no trains ahead whitch had reset the signal to zero and more than 10 minutes have already passed since actitity begin.
When the player train has passed such always dark signal it would reset to 0 and then count up to 9:59. All this "in the back sight" of the player train, the player would rarly see the count up, because he is already on his way to the next station. There he meets again a dark interval signal and so on.
vitro, how do you imagine the experience of such an interval signal for the player in OR? Maybe I am missing something?

#54 User is offline   eugenR 

• Conductor
  • Simulator:MSTS

Posted 11 April 2020 - 09:07 AM

see here in Post #13:
http://www.elvastowe...ng/page__st__10
But I don't know how tu use this Functions
Regards
EugenR

#55 User is offline   vitro 

• Apprentice
  • Group: Status: New Hire
  • Simulator:Open Rails

Posted 11 April 2020 - 11:19 AM

View Postjonas, on 11 April 2020 - 08:44 AM, said:

vitro, how do you imagine the experience of such an interval signal for the player in OR? Maybe I am missing something?

I expect that there is more than one train in activity or multiplayer. It is cool sometimes to follow a train with minimal interval, observing signals switching right in front of you, follow timetable, etc.

#56 User is offline   roeter 

• Vice President
  • Group: Status: Elite Member

Posted 11 April 2020 - 11:39 AM

View Postjonas, on 11 April 2020 - 08:44 AM, said:

Actually an interesting video - thank you for providing it!

Thought about the expecting OR game experience some more: In an activity lasting longer than 10 minutes, in OR/MSTS such an interval signal would always be dark when the player train is approaching, because there are no trains ahead whitch had reset the signal to zero and more than 10 minutes have already passed since actitity begin.
When the player train has passed such always dark signal it would reset to 0 and then count up to 9:59. All this "in the back sight" of the player train, the player would rarly see the count up, because he is already on his way to the next station. There he meets again a dark interval signal and so on.

You're forgetting about timetables. I have a timetable with a suburban route with trains at 5 mins. interval, and 3 mins interval during the rush hour. Any of those can be the player train. So unless you select the first train, there is always a train ahead of the player train within 10 mins.

Regards,
Rob Roeterdink

#57 User is offline   eugenR 

• Conductor

Posted 12 April 2020 - 12:07 AM

The Functions
Activate_Timing_Trigger()
Check_Timing_Trigger( x )
are new in OR and working, see here in Post #13
http://www.elvastowe...ng/page__st__10
With Activate_Timing_Trigger()in the Stop-Path of the signalscript you hold the Timer on zero
In the clearpath you hold the signal as long on red, as the timer isn't higher then the Time x ( in seconds)

But I don't see a way to read this timer, only perhaps, to show minutes to wait, you check the Timer for every minute and show the result.

if (!enabled ||	block_state() !=# BLOCK_CLEAR || !route_set())							
	{
		state = SIGASP_STOP;
		Activate_Timing_Trigger(); 
	}
// Signal is enabled and the block ahead is clear
	else if ( Check_Timing_Trigger( 10 ))  // wait 10 seconds to clear the signal
	{
		state = SIGASP_CLEAR_2;		
	}
	else 
	{
		state = SIGASP_STOP;
	}
        draw_state = def_draw_state (state);

Regards
EugenR

#58 User is offline   ebnertra000 

• Superintendant
  • Group: Status: Elite Member
  • Simulator:OR/TSRE

Posted 12 April 2020 - 07:17 AM

Could this timing trigger be used to delay the change of signals as a train passes it (from green to red, let's say). As it stands, if the cab isn't right up front on the lead unit, the signal will drop while it's still well within sight, even when travelling at speed. In most cases, there is a few-second delay between the signals being passed, and when the signal reacts to its being passed

#59 User is offline   eugenR 

• Conductor

Posted 12 April 2020 - 11:06 AM

View Postebnertra000, on 12 April 2020 - 07:17 AM, said:

Could this timing trigger be used to delay the change of signals as a train passes it (from green to red, let's say). As it stands, if the cab isn't right up front on the lead unit, the signal will drop while it's still well within sight, even when travelling at speed. In most cases, there is a few-second delay between the signals being passed, and when the signal reacts to its being passed

With the new Functions of Rob, there would be a solution:
http://www.elvastowe...ode-signalling/
see: additional signalscript functions

if (!enabled ||								
		block_state() !=# BLOCK_CLEAR ||				
		!route_set())							
	{
		state = SIGASP_STOP;
		if ( Check_Timing_Trigger( 5 ))
		{
			draw_state = 0;
		}
		else
		{
			draw_state = this_sig_lvar( 0 );
		}		

}
	else 
	{
		state = SIGASP_CLEAR_2;
		draw_state = 1;	
		store_lvar( 0, draw_state );
		Activate_Timing_Trigger(); 

}

store_lvar is storing the drawstate of the cleared signal ( because mor complex signals have more than one clear_states)
in the STOP-Case the signal is switching immediatly to State = SIGASP_STOP
but it will show after changing to STOP for 5 seconds the "old" draw_state.
Regards
EugenR

Edit:
A better solution would be, if Rob Röterdink could realize a new Function as
Train_is_passing the_Signal
This Function should change to true, when the !=# block_state is changing to true and the train is passing the signal.
together with store_lvar ( 0, draw_state ) the Signal could show the Clear draw_state until this Function change to false.

Regards
EugenR

#60 User is offline   jonas 

• Engineer

Posted 14 April 2021 - 09:52 PM

I am happy to see in the current OR version the animated clocks.
Since one of the last current versions a suitable "animated.clocks-or" file is created by asking the user via dialog box while the route starts. I have some questions about it:

• Are OR files of this type (Json) written directly to the Routes folder instead to the Openrails subfolder of the route?
• Will STF files like the "carspawn.dat" or "turntables.dat" in the Openrails folder be handled in the same way in the future?
• Is the current dialog box really necessary to ask the user to confirme the creating of the "animated.clocks-or" file ? (The "animated.clocks-or" could always be generated if a "clocks.dat" exists, isn't it.)
• Will the "Clocks.dat" (and other STF files) possibly no longer be recognized by future versions?
• I am certainly not up to date with the status quo on the subject of Json files and Open Rails. Is there a thread about it?

• 9 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

2 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users