Elvas Tower: Speed Post Installation - Elvas Tower

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Speed Post Installation How do I 'pull' speedpost across multiple tracks. Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   vince 

• Superintendant
  • Group: Status: Elite Member
  • Simulator:ORTS_Running MSTS_Editing

Posted 12 December 2016 - 12:41 PM

When installing speedposts in MSTS RE, a speed limit red line would jump across multiple tracks.
Here two speedposts each cover two tracks. The black marker box appears on two tracks for each speedpost.
Attached File  SPEEDPOST PLACEMENT.jpg (204.99K)
Number of downloads: 7
In the far background of the pic near the interlocking tower I want to place ONE speedpost for all 4 tracks.
Here a Trackview. The 50 and 70 mph posts at left are TWO objects and correctly show each post covers 2 tracks.
The 80 mph posts at the right are the ones seen in the background near the tower. There are 4 posts here
where I should only need one post to cover 4 tracks.
My question is
How, after I initially place a speedpost using TSRE5 do I get it to cover 4 tracks like I do in the RE?

regards,
vince

Attached File(s)

#2 User is offline   Goku 

• Superintendant
  • Simulator:my own

Posted 12 December 2016 - 12:47 PM

It is not possible yet. It is easy fix (level crossings spawns across tracks in TSRE).
I just didn't implemented it yet because it was always annoying for me when MSTS RE spawned speedpost on multiple tracks, but I wanted it only on one track.
If it is desirable feature, I will make fix for it, but I think after Christmas.

I also see that TSRE has small bug - it doesn't update the speedpostItem angle value in TDB if speedpost object is rotated. Don't know if it is important.

#3 User is offline   jared2982 

• Superintendant
  • Group: Status: First Class
  • Simulator:MSTS, TS2017, OR

Posted 12 December 2016 - 03:20 PM

I think it is a diserable feature but it would be great if there was a way to control how many tracks the speedpost spawned on. I don't know if it is possible but that would be great. Same with milepost.

Cheers,

#4 User is offline   roeter 

• Vice President

Posted 12 December 2016 - 03:42 PM

View PostGoku, on 12 December 2016 - 12:47 PM, said:

I also see that TSRE has small bug - it doesn't update the speedpostItem angle value in TDB if speedpost object is rotated. Don't know if it is important.

The speedpostItem angle value in TDB is used to determine the direction of the implied speed restriction. So if after rotating a speedpost this value is not updated, the speed restriction is applied in the wrong direction.

As for spreading speedpost over multiple tracks : my advice would be NOT to implement it - it is easy enough to place multiple speedposts. If it is implemented it should be optional - just like you I found this one of the most annoying features of the MSTS RE, as it made it (almost) impossible to implement different speed restrictions on parallel tracks, and (definitely) made it impossible to set restrictions on cross-overs.

Regards,
Rob Roeterdink

#5 User is offline   Jovet 

• Open Rails Developer
  • Simulator:MSTS/Open Rails

Posted 12 December 2016 - 05:10 PM

View Postjared2982, on 12 December 2016 - 03:20 PM, said:

I think it is a diserable feature but it would be great if there was a way to control how many tracks the speedpost spawned on. I don't know if it is possible but that would be great. Same with milepost.

I vote for this. There needs to be a way to control how many tracks a speedpost/milepost controls. My suggestion is some kind of handle or slider that controls where the "(MSTS RE) red line" stops. And the limit of four tracks is fairly annoying as well, though I don't know if there's a reason for that limit beyond mere whim.

#6 User is offline   vince 

• Superintendant

Posted 12 December 2016 - 06:10 PM

View PostGoku, on 12 December 2016 - 12:47 PM, said:

.......................snip.............................................

++Very important as Rob writes. Must know direction speed limit applies to.

+Speedpost spanning multiple tracks not so important so whatever you decide. I vote for slider idea if only to keep the object count down.

+++And very important is the ability to be able to drag a tracksection (or road) by it's pivot to another track section and have it attach when dragged to another track section end or pivot.
When building a complex assembly of tracks I like to have a 'boneyard' if you will, of tracksections I may be using there, stacked up all around there, even up in the air.
Wherever it's convenient for me to stack them thats where they go until, used or deleted. http://www.elvastower.com/forums/public/style_emoticons/default/bigboss.gif

And to have the TDB line automatically coming up on these 'spare' tracks makes it tough because of the worry of TDB corruption.
Leave the TDB to then user. Maybe a reminder message when saving like : nn tracks placed need to be added to the TDB?

Yellow TDB lines appearing as I attempt to move track are not helpful. I'd like see TDB wait until I say I'm ready, NOT when I de-select a track after placement.
The lack of a visual clue when the cursor is positioned correctly select an object is not helpful. If you could have the object turn a contrasting color like MSTS red when selectable?
regards,
vince

#7 User is offline   Goku 

• Superintendant

Posted 13 December 2016 - 01:33 AM

View Postvince, on 12 December 2016 - 06:10 PM, said:

+Speedpost spanning multiple tracks not so important so whatever you decide. I vote for slider idea if only to keep the object count down.

I will make multiple tracks optional.

+++And very important is the ability to be able to drag a tracksection (or road) by it's pivot to another track section and have it attach when dragged to another track section end or pivot.
When building a complex assembly of tracks I like to have a 'boneyard' if you will, of tracksections I may be using there, stacked up all around there, even up in the air.

Just use ctrl+C ctrl+V.

And to have the TDB line automatically coming up on these 'spare' tracks makes it tough because of the worry of TDB corruption.
Leave the TDB to then user.
Yellow TDB lines appearing as I attempt to move track are not helpful. I'd like see TDB wait until I say I'm ready, NOT when I de-select a track after placement.

Just use Ctrl+Q for toggle manual/auto add track to TDB (use Z key for manual).

#8 User is offline   Goku 

• Superintendant

Posted 13 December 2016 - 09:06 AM

.662 has fix for speedpost directions.

http://i.imgur.com/YD1I4wr.jpg

#9 User is offline   vince 

• Superintendant

Posted 13 December 2016 - 01:19 PM

View PostGoku, on 13 December 2016 - 09:06 AM, said:

.662 has fix for speedpost directions.

http://i.imgur.com/YD1I4wr.jpg

#10 User is offline   vince 

• Superintendant

Posted 13 December 2016 - 01:20 PM

Goku,
Thanks for addressing the speedpost issue and providing such a quick fix.http://www.elvastower.com/forums/public/style_emoticons/default/sign_rockon.gif
vin

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users