Elvas Tower: LIRR Route Editing with TSRE5 - Elvas Tower

• 19 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

LIRR Route Editing with TSRE5 Editing large Tile w/2500+ Obj. has problems Rate Topic: -----

#131 User is offline   vince 

• Superintendant
  • Group: Status: Elite Member
  • Simulator:ORTS_Running MSTS_Editing

Posted 31 January 2017 - 12:50 PM

View PostGoku, on 31 January 2017 - 05:47 AM, said:

The "error" is about Road Databasae (RIT), not TIT. You don't have level crossings or carspawners, so it is true that you don't have road TrItemTable. So, it is more info message, not an actual error.

Hi Goku,

You coulda' fooled me whene it said: ---> Database-Area 'TrItemTable' is not defined! The Tr fooled me into seeing Trk.
I will install a car spawner. There is one road, a JP2Rd100mStrt, no car spawner.
This is W file datablock:
TrackObj (
		UiD ( 10832 )
		SectionIdx ( 174 )
		Elevation ( 0 )
		CollideFlags ( 39 )
		FileName ( JP2Rd100mStrt.s )
		StaticFlags ( 00200180 )
		Position ( -70.6295 11.1979 -15.6018 )
		QDirection ( 0 0.843673 0 -0.536852 )
		VDbId ( 4294967295 )
	)

The install/test of the two needed Dynamic Track sections went without a hitch! Error free diagnostic run with caveat.
A question tho'. . .

++ I have a DT just placed but no TDB lines;
How do I drag / move that section to another end node (track end) and have it snap to the endnode?

Desperately need the ability to move ANY object on all axis' with the mouse.
For instance I have a need / requirement to be able to place a Dynamic Track section (or any other shape for that matter) at any location in the 3D view. IOW, at any x,y,z coords bounded by tile ceiling and floor limits just like I can in MSRE.

Much thanks for listening to my rants.http://www.elvastower.com/forums/public/style_emoticons/default/sign_rockon.gifhttp://www.elvastower.com/forums/public/style_emoticons/default/bigboss.gif You're probably going to see more of them too as I get familiar with the editor, all put forth in the desire to have a slick easy to use editor.

One last thing; When designing keyboard layouts it's always a good idea not to put critical keys next to casual use keys.

For example, you have the 'Add to TDB' 'Z' key next to the 'Flip Track' 'X' key.
I use the 'X' key a lot and pressing 'Z' mistakenly has consequences, many of them bad.

This is another good reason to change it to the old MSRE key map, the 'T' key we are so used to using. . . and yes I know this means re-assign a bunch of other keys.
Easier way for you? IDK if making a GUI for keyboard mapping is hard (probably is) but it would solve ALL problems anyone has with key mapping . . .IOW, it would solve all keyboard preferences instantly.

Best regards,
vince cockeram

#132 User is offline   Goku 

• Superintendant
  • Simulator:my own

Posted 31 January 2017 - 01:32 PM

I use the 'X' key a lot and pressing 'Z' mistakenly has consequences, many of them bad.

Good there is an UNDO function :)

Don't ask about changing key mapping, because I won't change it. (except '/' Camera collision key becasue it is free to use).
Of course when custom key mapping will be done, you will be able to change it the way you like. But it isn't easy so it needs to wait to it's time :)

#133 User is offline   vince 

• Superintendant

Posted 31 January 2017 - 02:12 PM

View PostGoku, on 31 January 2017 - 01:32 PM, said:

Good there is an UNDO function :)

Don't ask about changing key mapping, because I won't change it. (except '/' Camera collision key becasue it is free to use).
Of course when custom key mapping will be done, you will be able to change it the way you like. But it isn't easy so it needs to wait to it's time :)

Hi Goku, w/regards to UNDO . . . yes that is a welcome feature. But a problem arises when the accidental key depression is not noticed and all of a sudden now there is a diagnostic failure and a head scratcher trying to figure out where it went wrong.

But this . . .

Of course when custom key mapping will be done, you will be able to change
gives me a glad feeling knowing you are aware of the problem and are planning key mapping. http://www.elvastower.com/forums/public/style_emoticons/default/sign_thank_you.gifNO RUSH Goku!
You just take your time and go as you have. You'll never see me whining 'are we there yet'? http://www.elvastower.com/forums/public/style_emoticons/default/pleasantry.gif
I'm still learning your editor and will pose suggestions/ questions when (not 'if' but when!) I get confused.
I haven't even touched terrain yet! So I'm quite content to take it nice & slow, no hurryup from this builder.
Anything you need from me outside of my usuall rantings, just ask!

Oh almost forgot;
++ Can I 'stretch' a single speedpost across 4 tracks like MSRE did or do I need place the 4 speedposts separately?

Best regards,
vince cockeram

#134 User is offline   Goku 

• Superintendant

Posted 31 January 2017 - 02:25 PM

> Can I 'stretch' a single speedpost across 4 tracks like MSRE did or do I need place the 4 speedposts separately?
No. You can place 4 speedposts, or wait for the ability to place one speedpost on more than one track.

#135 User is offline   vince 

• Superintendant

Posted 31 January 2017 - 04:17 PM

View PostGoku, on 31 January 2017 - 02:25 PM, said:

> Can I 'stretch' a single speedpost across 4 tracks like MSRE did or do I need place the 4 speedposts separately? No. You can place 4 speedposts, or wait for the ability to place one speedpost on more than one track.

Okay Goku, thanks . . . just was wondering if it had been implemented as I recall it being discussed a while back.
No hurry at all. Just finishing placing 4 speedposts. and a minor thing popped up: Object properties don't update as I move an object.
Also when multiple objects are selected I cannot make a global change as I want to do setting the Y axis height for all speedposts at once.

I frequently need to do this as when I'm installing impedence bond track equipment shapes on multiple tracks and also when moving groups of different shapes (houses for instance ) with a common origin point, setting them all with one entry to the property box is pretty handy.

The property box need only display what is common among the group, blank but active to enter a value as was done in MSRE. (sorry to keep using that msre but this is handy feature)

More on the properties box:
The speedpost location is near the end of a bridge, read terrain is 10 meters below track level. As I was using the mousewheel to raise the object I notice the object Y axis display isn't updating as the object moves.
I would prefer seeing numbers move as I move an object. Useful when tweaking object positions.
Minor, low priority, a nit.
What's that now, 3 updates today? http://www.elvastower.com/forums/public/style_emoticons/default/jawdrop2.gif Take a break!

Thanks and regards,
vince

#136 User is offline   Goku 

• Superintendant

Posted 31 January 2017 - 07:09 PM

Vince, I think you will like this update:

http://koniec.org/ts...SRE5_v0.680.exe

- snapables works 100% like in MSTS
- tracks and snapable snap when moved using mouse too
- / key working like in msts re

Desperately need the ability to move ANY object on all axis' with the mouse.

You always could do it. XZ axis - mouse move. Y axis - mouse scroll.

More on the properties box:

Fixed. (remember that some properties are still not finished)

--
Snapables works only for static. Should they work for other objects too?

#137 User is offline   vince 

• Superintendant

Posted 31 January 2017 - 08:09 PM

View PostGoku, on 31 January 2017 - 07:09 PM, said:

Vince, I think you will like this update:
http://koniec.org/ts...SRE5_v0.680.exe
- snapables works 100% like in MSTS
- tracks and snapable snap when moved using mouse too
- / key working like in msts re
You always could do it. XZ axis - mouse move. Y axis - mouse scroll.
Fixed. (remember that some properties are still not finished)
Snapables works only for static. ++Should they work for other objects too?

Hi Goku,

++ No. Unless the shapes SD file snap is enabled.The objects snap is enabled in the object.SD file. It's the ESD_BoundingBox parameter that sets the snap points.
There are restrictions on which sides of the BB you can use.
You should be able to find the discussions as there have been many in the last couple of years.

Re; "Vince, I think you will like this update:" Jaw drops to floor. Wow! You smokin' tonight for sure Goku. Wonderful!
Like I said in earlier post, now I'm slowly ( best 4 learn new app ) getting into power mode as I climb the learning curve. Not too shoddy so far either my friend. With you getting the keyboard more in line with old ms editor it gets MUCH easier and productive for me.

Re. Y axis:
++ I miss being able to 1. see an object is selectable (shape goes red) and
2. being able to 'lift' the object by 'grabbing with cursor and Mouse1, swing it around in any direction and able to place it in any position in 3 space. Like I can do in MSRE.
The MouseWheel is nice but I like Mouse drag as it's better for coarse placement. As in MSRE keyboard was great ( as is TSRE even better with property box typeable fields ) for fine adjustment.
And Oh MY! Adjusting Dynamic Track is now possible foe very exact joins. SO much better boxes are typeable.

++ Wish list . . . another nit . . . Use End key to set move camera slowin addition to Ctrl?
As is Ctrl is on other side of keyboard as I use Arrow keys to move camera.
I never was fond of the ASWD movement keys. Good for **gaming maybe yes but not editing and awkward for me. http://www.elvastower.com/forums/public/style_emoticons/default/scarerun.gif**Gaming=Legacy All Unreal serias, All Half Life series, All Fallout series, All Flight Sim up to FS9.http://www.elvastower.com/forums/public/style_emoticons/default/dry.gif

http://www.elvastower.com/forums/public/style_emoticons/default/clapping.gifMuch thanks for your efforts Sir!

Vince Cockeram
Las Vegas Nevada

#138 User is offline   Goku 

• Superintendant

Posted 31 January 2017 - 08:32 PM

++ No. Unless the shapes SD file snap is enabled.

Lol. I know this. How else I could done snapable objects support in TSRE? .. the question was, what kind of objects can be snapable.

#139 User is offline   vince 

• Superintendant

Posted 31 January 2017 - 11:08 PM

View PostGoku, on 31 January 2017 - 08:32 PM, said:

Lol. I know this. How else I could done snapable objects support in TSRE? .. the question was, what kind of objects can be snapable.

Hi Goku,
Any object where it would be of use.
Buildings. I made the shape oldoff.s snappable by adding the needed lines to the SD file
SIMISA@@@@@@@@@@JINX0t1t______

Shape ( oldoff.s
	ESD_Detail_Level ( 1 )
	ESD_Alternative_Texture ( 257 )
	ESD_Bounding_Box ( -7.3152 0 0 7.3152 14.6 0 )
	ESD_Snapable ( )
)

+Bridge sections.
+Walls like Ron Picardi's collection.
+Dumb roads and track.
+The de_ELOldSta collection. I made all the platforms and station house's snapable.
+And anything you want should be allowed to be made snapable.
Here's one of the de_ELOldSta_ collections SD file that I modified.

SIMISA@@@@@@@@@@JINX0t1t______

shape ( de_ELOldSta_left.s
	ESD_Detail_Level ( 0 )
	ESD_Alternative_Texture ( 257 )
	ESD_Bounding_Box ( -12.55 0 0 12.55 5.5 0 )
	ESD_Snapable   ( )
)

Makes it a 'snap' [pun intended] to assemble.Align first section to track then snap all the other on!

There is maybe a glitch in the track gradient display?
TSRE: Attached File  TSRE Gradient.jpg (163.94K)
Number of downloads: 8

And here the OR display.
OR: Attached File  OR Gradient.jpg (114.1K)
Number of downloads: 7

I feel the OR model should be followed as that display matches what was installed by the MSRE.

Thanks and regards,
Vince Cockeram

#140 User is offline   Goku 

• Superintendant

Posted 01 February 2017 - 09:05 AM

View Postvince, on 31 January 2017 - 11:08 PM, said:

+Bridge sections.
+Walls like Ron Picardi's collection.
+Dumb roads and track.
+The de_ELOldSta collection. I made all the platforms and station house's snapable.
+And anything you want should be allowed to be made snapable.

Don't you know what types of objects are in MSTS? All you described is ONE type: STATIC. The question was if other types like speedposts can be too.

View Postvince, on 31 January 2017 - 11:08 PM, said:

There is maybe a glitch in the track gradient display?

There is no glitch. TSRE value is in permilles, OR is in percents. Permiles are easier to read for tracks, because easier is to read 22 permille instead of 2.2 percent. Permiles are commonly used in railway or roadway development outside US.

• 19 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users