Elvas Tower: Random trains in timetables - Elvas Tower

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Random trains in timetables creating random trains with help of a spreadsheet program Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   Gro.Bi 

• Fireman
  • Group: Status: Active Member
  • Simulator:Open Rails

Posted 06 December 2016 - 04:34 AM

Regarding to the card ‘Random trains in timetable mode’ in the Open Rails Roadmap (https://trello.com/c/a48MS9WZ) I’ve experimented with random functions of a spreadsheet program to create random trains in a timetable and have achieved a result.
The use of a timetable with random trains would be similar to a an activity: The player train is a passenger train (or a freight train without any shunting operations) and travelling from A to B. In the opposite direction (that means from B to A) will be travelling random trains, created with help of a spreadsheet program. Of course, scheduled passenger trains are possible as well (but need to be added manually to the timetable).
I tested random trains in timetables on the Cuesta Grade 2.0 route and the 3DTrains Feather River Route. During this I have experienced it as an effective alternative instead of creating manually a traffic scheme for an activity. Once the spreadsheet file is set up (additionally the required consists and paths), it can be automatically updated by the spreadsheet program and then copied to the timetable, in order to change the random trains (respective their consists and/or chronological appearance). This can be repeated any number of times.
Random static trains are also possible.
I have attached this spreadsheet file here if someone wants to have a look on it (to be opened with spreadsheet software, e.g. Excel, and knowledge of spreadsheets recommended).
If would be interest, I could provide here the timetable file and required consists/paths.

Regards,
Gro.Bi

Attached File(s)

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users