Elvas Tower: Short vid on an upcoming activity for the PRR-ER - Elvas Tower

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Short vid on an upcoming activity for the PRR-ER CNJ from JC to Bay Head in 1960 w/ Lots of traffic Rate Topic: ***** 1 Votes

#1 User is offline   MMSS 

• Hostler
  • Group: Status: Active Member
  • Simulator:ORTS

Posted 30 November 2016 - 09:47 PM

After a long hiatus due to a medical condition, it is nice to be back running my MSTS - ORTS PC again & rejoining the communities serving them. I figured with all the down time I am going to have, I should make a few things to give back to the communities that have given me so much in the past. So learned & still learning the make activities (Thanks to Rich Garber well written Activity Guide).

So here is a short video showing an upcoming one (within the next week) I will release. Based on the CNJ Jersey City to Bay Head summer shore commuter in 1960. When commuter traffic was king going into Communipaw & there was no "Aldene Plan". And thanks to ORTS, we now can traffic that looks and acts correctly ! And enough of it ! Enjoy & nice to be back. - Mark

CNJ To The Shore On The PRR-ER in ORTS

#2 User is offline   delamate 

• Fireman
  • Group: Status: R.I.P. or just Retired

Posted 02 December 2016 - 10:09 AM

Thanks very much for posting the link. There is an amazing amount of AI activity in the video!

John DeLamater

#3 User is offline   MMSS 

• Hostler

Posted 02 December 2016 - 06:12 PM

View Postdelamate, on 02 December 2016 - 10:09 AM, said:

Thanks very much for posting the link. There is an amazing amount of AI activity in the video!

John DeLamater

Thank you John. I am trying to keep it as prototypical as possible with what is available. Back then on the CNJ, commuter traffic was still at a fairly good rate though freight was on a steady decline. I like doing activities pre-Aldene Plan in 1967. That is when the Jersey City terminal was closed & all commuter traffic was re-routed to the PRR Penn Station in Newark.

I figured if you are making a commuter run, might as well put in as much eye candy to add a feel of realism. And ORTS is the perfect tool for it too. I did trying running it in MSTS and it became a slideshow (At times 2 - 4 fps) LOL.

You can see in the video the Reading's Crusader coming into Communipaw as it did back then. I could have backed it up to 1958 and have the B&O's Royal Blue departing. But I think those who will download it will enjoy it because it has enough of a feel of New Jersey railroading in 1960.

Just a notice in advance that this activity will have a fair amount of payware sets, all from BLW/ZT. But anyone who downloads it can swap out the stock for ones they have. I do put full breakdown lists to make it easy for those who do.

I love the feel of how it is flowing right now. I even put for the players stop in South Amboy, the famous PRR engine change while at the station stop. I put a video link below to see it.

I will be working on it through the weekend so I can upload it soon & thanks for the kind words.

PRR South Amboy engine change on the upcoming PRR-ER activity

- Mark

#4 User is offline   bennycdn 

• Hostler
  • Group: Status: First Class
  • Simulator:OPENRAILS/RUN8

Posted 07 December 2016 - 06:19 AM

Very enjoyable activity Mark,ran great and loved all the traffic. Benny

#5 User is offline   MMSS 

• Hostler

Posted 08 December 2016 - 08:12 PM

Thanks Benny. Got a couple of freight ones coming up soon for a few of the eastern routes (BCL, PRR-ER, LV )now that I got Activity Generator & Master down pat. LOL.

#6 User is offline   bennycdn 

• Hostler

Posted 09 December 2016 - 01:44 PM

Yes,it's pretty easy to use,we did do a template for CNJ and one for the PRR routes.Keep them coming!

#7 User is offline   MMSS 

• Hostler

Posted 10 December 2016 - 08:06 AM

View Postbennycdn, on 09 December 2016 - 01:44 PM, said:

Yes,it's pretty easy to use,we did do a template for CNJ and one for the PRR routes.Keep them coming!

I will Benny, thanks.

One question on the PRR-ER templates. Are they for the current build with all the fixes applied (I believe up to PRRfix06) before the team locked the .tdb ?

#8 User is offline   bennycdn 

• Hostler

Posted 10 December 2016 - 09:21 AM

Mark,yes for the current version available at TS.It is very extensive.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users