• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Long Island Rail Road Route for Open Rails Released Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   vince 

• Superintendant
  • Group: Status: Elite Member
  • Simulator:ORTS_Running MSTS_Editing

Posted 23 November 2016 - 09:40 PM

I have finally released a public beta Long Island Rail Road route for Open Rails Train Simulator.http://www.elvastower.com/forums/public/style_emoticons/default/fiesta.gif

http://www.elvastower.com/forums/public/style_emoticons/default/clapping.gifIt is available for free download to all at the trainsim.com File Library as a single 503 MB lirr_install.zip download.

It's presently at the top of the list in the File Library Hot Files section. http://www.elvastower.com/forums/public/style_emoticons/default/give_rose.gif

It installs to a user selected folder ready to run in Open Rails.

There are 17 end to end non-stop path inspection activities and 2 freight activities.

All the activities with the exception of the LILCO Coal activity will run to completion in Autopilot Mode.
LILCO calls for uncoupling and running around your train and Autopilot has a problem picking the right spot to perform the run-around.

Here we are returning to the Bay Ridge Car Float facility with 30 empties after setting out 1900 tons of black diamonds and a 96 ton chlorine tanker at the Long Island Lighting Company Barrack Generating Station circa 1952.
Attached Image: Open Rails  LILCo Coal.jpg
The plant is gas fired today.

The route was constructed true to the Robert Emery Maps and for gradients, the official LIRR employee timetable from some years back. Glad that grades don't change. All scenery prototypical. Runs very well in Open Rails.
Enjoy!
best regards,
vince cockeram

#2 User is offline   Csantucci 

• Member, Board of Directors

Posted 02 December 2016 - 01:11 PM

Hi Vince,
I had at last time to run your route, and even if you call it "beta" (and in fact there's no signalling yet) it's impressive in terms of detail and realism, thank you for your work! And it's good to have another proof that OR doesn't need MSTS to run.

#3 User is offline   atsf37l 

• Executive Vice President
  • Group: Status: First Class
  • Simulator:ORTS

Posted 04 December 2016 - 01:53 AM

Great route Vince. How long have you been working on it? I have a buddy who grew up back there and I was showing it to him. He easily recognized the various locations along the route. I have replaced all the original US2... equipment with authentic North Eastern stock and am having a great time with your activities. Thanks for a fantastic route. :bigboss:

#4 User is offline   vince 

• Superintendant
  • Simulator:ORTS_Running MSTS_Editing

Posted 07 December 2016 - 07:18 PM

View Postatsf37l, on 04 December 2016 - 01:53 AM, said:

Great route Vince. How long have you been working on it? I have a buddy who grew up back there and I was showing it to him. He easily recognized the various locations along the route. I have replaced all the original US2... equipment with authentic North Eastern stock and am having a great time with your activities. Thanks for a fantastic route. :bigboss:

Thank you all.
I've been intermittently working on the route since about 2005 or so. Most of the time it was once or twice a week as I had much to do during that time.
Drove cross country 7 times, Nevada to Maryland, New Jersey and New York visiting family. SO it was never a 'get it done' effort. I had a great time building dealing with I don't know how many TDB meltdowns and Rogue Blue Poles I had to deal with. Lots!

So with the release I've had excellent feedback and donations of some major track charts too! I'm slowly learning the TSRE5 Editor. . . Slowly . . . a few editor bugs at first were addressed by Goku with what I consider lightning speed.

I've been able to successfully (and easily) edit previously un-editable tiles without problems.
A save on these tiles crashed the MSTS editor AND trashed the routes database and particular world file in the process.
I was at my wits end until Goku came along with his new editor. Slick! http://www.elvastower.com/forums/public/style_emoticons/default/sign_rockon.gif The LIRR build can and will now continue.

I took the time, about three hours today to d/l and print out the entire TSRE5 Manual and put the pages into plastic page protectors in a 3 ring binder.
I'd suggest anyone wanting to learn the new editor do the same.
Good to have a reference as I'm learning the new editor . . .As last night I found out I could move a trackshape after I saved to the TDB , . . . . trashing the database.
Then while assembling the Manual I came across the WARNING. Basically it said, 'Don't do that!'
Well now I have the Manual to study. It looks good folks!
I'm quite sure this TSRE5 editor is going to spawn new generation of route builders.

Again thanks for the positive reviews. I have been made aware that there are LIRR specific trainset being developed right now.

best regards,
vince

#5 User is offline   atsf37l 

• Executive Vice President
  • Group: Status: First Class
  • Simulator:ORTS

Posted 07 December 2016 - 08:07 PM

Great news, Vince! Most of the current LIRR stuff is seriously out of date and not rendering well in OR. I'm glad to hear that the new route editor is coming along and that equipment is not far away. Sure could use some electric engines! :bigboss:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users