• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Track gone missing - TDB Error? Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   mrmosky 

• Engineer
  • Group: Status: Contributing Member
  • Simulator:Openrails

Posted 17 November 2016 - 12:44 AM

I have been using the new route editor, and now I have some missing track sections. They seem to occur where the track crosses a tile boundary. Apologies for posting here but I had already posted ont the hints section with little response. I have attached a picture of the situation, and Doug Relyea suggested I post an error file from ICHK.
Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Geoff

Attached File(s)

#2 User is offline   Goku 

• Superintendant
  • Group: Status: Elite Member
  • Simulator:my own

Posted 17 November 2016 - 11:41 AM

I have no idea what could cause this.
Track Database has nothing to do with .w files. Did you modify these tiles in TSRE? If no, it couldn't be TSRE bug. If yes, it would be nice if you notice what causes this.

Here is easy solution how to 'fix' this missing track:

http://i.imgur.com/Y5AgDDZ.jpg

It is not best solution, because UiD of .w file object and .tdb object will not match, but it doesn't matter for OR or MSTS game.

#3 User is offline   mrmosky 

• Engineer

Posted 17 November 2016 - 12:55 PM

Hi Goku,
Thanks for that solution. It worked ok with my route, and I was able to replace the missing track section.

In the interests of development, I will try to re-create this situation on another copy of the route. I did a lot of changes, but only used TSRE for editing. I may have used Route Riter for something, but I can't remember what I did.

Geoff

#4 User is offline   Goku 

• Superintendant

Posted 17 November 2016 - 01:18 PM

Maybe RR tried to fix some error and removed this shape or moved it somewhere ( track obj tile position when crossing tiles sometimes not match tdb values ).

#5 User is offline   mrmosky 

• Engineer

Posted 21 November 2016 - 01:39 PM

I have had another TDB error. I had laid some more track, over uneven terrain. This meant that track gradients were changing often. Then I ran a test train on the route in Open Rails. I noticed that in one place, a track join was not level- there was a difference in height. So I went back to TSRE to put this right. The route would not load up, with TSRE crashing on start-up. I tried a previous version, but no good. I ran RouteRiter and checked the route, and wrote out an error file. There were multiple errors in the tdb.
Since I have been careful to keep backups, I have a version with a TDB file where I removed most of the track from it by selecting each piece and pressing the Z key. This tdb file was then copied into the route folder, replacing the faulty one. Now I was able to run TSRE and correct the track joints. Then I selected each track piece in turn and added them to the TDB (by pressing Z). All was then fine with the route again.

So, two things from this long post. Firstly, TSRE seems to be intolerant of track laying errors and generates a tdb that has errors, then cannot edit the route using the tdb. Also, it is a good idea to have a Tdb file as a backup that is "empty", as I have described. Then recovery is quick and easy.
Geoff

#6 User is offline   Goku 

• Superintendant

Posted 22 November 2016 - 12:18 AM

I told you, the first thing with missing shape is not a tdb error.

#7 User is offline   mrmosky 

• Engineer

Posted 22 November 2016 - 01:02 AM

This was not a missing shape error. The track was still there, but there were some joints which were not aligned with height. I will try this again, but I think it was caused when a piece of track that was already added to the tbd, was adjusted for gradient. So when I ran a train in openrails, the engine passed over the "step" in the track ok, proving that there was a continuous path. Then I went back into TSRE to correct the step, and the program crashed on start-up.
Geoff

#8 User is offline   Goku 

• Superintendant

Posted 22 November 2016 - 04:49 AM

View Postmrmosky, on 22 November 2016 - 01:02 AM, said:

I will try this again, but I think it was caused when a piece of track that was already added to the tbd, was adjusted for gradient.

You can't adjust track position when it is in TDB. If you must do this, first press Z to remove it from TDB.

#9 User is offline   mrmosky 

• Engineer

Posted 22 November 2016 - 05:11 AM

Yes, but in reality, if it is possible to do it, then people will do it by mistake. So TSRE should not allow this, or be able to recover from such an error by the user. Otherwise, a simple mistake could lose a lot of work.
I have not been able to replicate this problem so far, but I will keep trying, so that you may be able to come up with a solution.
Geoff

#10 User is offline   Goku 

• Superintendant

Posted 22 November 2016 - 05:16 AM

No, moving track that is already in TDB will not crash TDB or TSRE.
Here we used track translation that was in TDB and nothing wrong happened:
http://www.elvastowe...969#entry210969
Don't know what you did that caused TSRE crashed.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users