Elvas Tower: Key for fast dynamic brake release - Elvas Tower

Posting Rules

All new threads will be started by members of the Open Rails team, Staff, and/or Admins. Existing threads started in other forums may get moved here when it makes sense to do so.

Once a thread is started any member may post replies to it.
Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Key for fast dynamic brake release Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   Csantucci 

• Member, Board of Directors
  • Group: Status: Elite Member

Posted 11 November 2016 - 01:45 PM

There is a request by someone to have a key (or better a key combination) for fast dynamic brake release, like there is one for fast throttle release and one for fast air brake release.
Can this function be of interest for someone else? Could the key combination be Ctrl-, or Ctrl-D in case of combined control? And within the same job could also a key combination for fast locomotive brake release useful?

#2 User is offline   disc 

• Foreman Of Engines
  • Group: Private - Open Rails Developer
  • Simulator:OpenRails

Posted 12 November 2016 - 07:18 AM

Such function can't hurt, i'm using the fast brake release, fast dynamic brake release would be useful too.

#3 User is offline   eugenR 

• Conductor
  • Group: Status: Contributing Member
  • Simulator:MSTS

Posted 12 November 2016 - 03:00 PM

View PostCsantucci, on 11 November 2016 - 01:45 PM, said:

There is a request by someone to have a key (or better a key combination) for fast dynamic brake release, like there is one for fast throttle release and one for fast air brake release.
Can this function be of interest for someone else? Could the key combination be Ctrl-, or Ctrl-D in case of combined control? And within the same job could also a key combination for fast locomotive brake release useful?

I would prefer if for a combined control CTRL+a (or an other combination) will reset the lever to zero from both sides (throttle and brake) without prior to watch or to think where the combined lever is standing.

For entering in a station I have to watch the distance-display in F10 windows, so I don't have time to read all control confirmations, and I am never sure on which position the lever actually is switched. The real driver feel this position in his hand.
It would be very practical to reset the lever from all positions to the middle-position without watching the levers position.
Depending of the Distance I can then again begin to switch on traction or brake force.
Regards
EugenR

#4 User is offline   Nicolò 

• Apprentice
  • Group: Status: Dispatcher
  • Simulator:OpenRails

Posted 14 November 2016 - 05:02 AM

View PostCsantucci, on 11 November 2016 - 01:45 PM, said:

I'm interested me too. Also for locomotive brakes. As for throttle and train brake maybe using Ctrl-, and Ctrl+'.

#5 User is offline   Stijn D.C. 

• Engineer
  • Group: Status: Contributing Member
  • Simulator:Open Rails

Posted 20 February 2017 - 12:39 PM

I have do this request too :-)

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users