• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Wanted Steam Locomotives Rate Topic: -----

#21 User is offline   Lindsayts 

• Superintendant
  • Group: Status: Elite Member

Posted 11 November 2016 - 11:18 AM

View PostLindsayts, on 09 November 2016 - 02:54 PM, said:

A loco that would be nice to see is the Meyer Kitsons used on the Colombian Railway, either the 2-6-0+0-6-2 or the 2-8-0-0-8-2, both looked similair except the latter was longer. At least the larger one lasted until at least the 1960's
Note: these are 3 ft gauge machines.

This is the 2-8-0-0-8-2

Attachment meyer-kitson-2882.jpg

Narrow gauge forever!
Lindsay

The details of the 2-8-0-0-8-2

gauge 3ft

Cylinders 4 17.5 x 20 inches
Boiler pressure 205lbs
tube area 2567sq ft
superheater area 640sqft
Grate area 51 sqft

Tractive effort 85% boiler pressure 58,564lbs

Dimensions
driving wheels 3ft 1.5in
rigid wheel base 10ft 10.5in
axle load 14 tons
H 12ft 4.5in
W 9ft 0in
L 66ft 4.75in

Water 4000gallons
Fuel coal 8tons, or 1100gallons of oil

Weight
empty 99t 12hndrdw
working 130t 4.25hndrdw

Its a very nice looking machine,
Details are from "Kitson Meyer Artculated Locomotives" by Donald Binns.
The books has quite a few good photos of both these machines, incluiding a detailed crossection of the 2-6-0+0-6-2.

Note : With the grate area of 51 sqft we are looking at a drawbar power of greater than 2000bhp, this is some 3ft gauge loco!

Lindsay

#22 User is offline   timothyskinner 

• Conductor
  • Group: Status: Active Member
  • Simulator:msts

Posted 12 November 2016 - 06:23 AM

Lindsay - does your book have any drawings for modelling purposes?

While I am writing,
(1) I have been trying for some years to obtain a copy of Christopher Walker's Narrow Gauge in Colombia Publ. Trackside 2005 ISBN : 1 900095 238 - anyone help?
(2) There's drawings of the similar Meyer in pic below in Taltal Railway by Binns Trackside 2010... service in the dry Atacama Desert has enabled this one to survive...

Attached Image: this-view-of-the-last-kitson-meyer-at-taltal-in-chiles-atacama-desert-CXWWKX.jpg

#23 User is offline   Lindsayts 

• Superintendant

Posted 13 November 2016 - 12:39 PM

View Posttimothyskinner, on 12 November 2016 - 06:23 AM, said:

Lindsay - does your book have any drawings for modelling purposes?

While I am writing,
(1) I have been trying for some years to obtain a copy of Christopher Walker's Narrow Gauge in Colombia Publ. Trackside 2005 ISBN : 1 900095 238 - anyone help?
(2) There's drawings of the similar Meyer in pic below in Taltal Railway by Binns Trackside 2010... service in the dry Atacama Desert has enabled this one to survive...

Attachment this-view-of-the-last-kitson-meyer-at-taltal-in-chiles-atacama-desert-CXWWKX.jpg

There's side view sketch's with dimensions for all the loco's in the loco's in the section, Note: these are all company drawings, and there is a good number of excellent photos, many of them company photo's. I believe there is enough info for a model to be built.

Incidently the loco i n the picture has been moved back into the workshop and is currently being restored to running condition.

Lindsay

#24 User is offline   midneguy 

• Foreman Of Engines
  • Group: Status: First Class
  • Simulator:MSTS

Posted 15 November 2016 - 06:24 PM

I'd vote for just about anything that hasn't been done yet ;)

By the way, someone mentioned DSP&P Bogies earlier... Not to hijack this thread or anything, but after touring a good portion of the old South Park Line a few months ago on vacation I've seriously considered trying to make the old "Bogies". The only thing that might look weird is the valve gear reversing links hanging from above the boiler when going around curves http://www.elvastower.com/forums/public/style_emoticons/default/ko2.gif

#25 User is offline   SteveSSW819 

• Hostler
  • Group: Status: Inactive
  • Simulator:Open Rails

Posted 24 December 2016 - 07:44 PM

Southern Pacific GS7's
Southern Pacific GS8's
Cotton Belt L1

#26 User is offline   Coonskin 

• Open Rails Developer

Posted 24 December 2016 - 08:13 PM

View Postmidneguy, on 15 November 2016 - 06:24 PM, said:

I'd vote for just about anything that hasn't been done yet ;)

By the way, someone mentioned DSP&P Bogies earlier... Not to hijack this thread or anything, but after touring a good portion of the old South Park Line a few months ago on vacation I've seriously considered trying to make the old "Bogies". The only thing that might look weird is the valve gear reversing links hanging from above the boiler when going around curves http://www.elvastower.com/forums/public/style_emoticons/default/ko2.gif

Just saw this as of a few minutes ago. I am the one that has cried and whined about no South Park bogies for years.

I do hope you'll seriously consider a South Park Mason bogie. A 2-6-6T with optional stacks would be wonderful. I think I can help you with textures to create facsimiles of some earlier liveries. IF you are seriously thinking of moving forward on this idea, please consider that a simplified version for MSTS would also be great. The MSTS version could be created first, released, then add the desired detail to the same model to OR status and release. Two birds with one stone and with very little additional effort.

#27 User is offline   Traindude 

• Engineer
  • Group: Status: Contributing Member
  • Simulator:Open Rails

Posted 24 December 2016 - 09:31 PM

I was going to say the Polar Express Berkshire...

...not simply a re-badged Pierre Marquette 1225, mind you, but the engine straight from the movie. With movie-style details such as the exaggerated pilot, recessed-in-the-smokebox headlight, white tender lettering (sans road number--it's THAT important!), with new whistle and chuff sounds sourced straight from the movie!

I actually attempted to do this myself a few years ago for MSTS, but was discouraged when people on Train-Sim.com said that file library moderators/the copyright police would get their panties in a knot just because I didn't ask Warner Bros' permission (me asking permission from these corporate moneybags? It'd be a waste of my time! They'd burst out loud laughing!)

#28 User is offline   LeoCanhoto 

• Hostler
  • Simulator:MSTS & ORTS

Posted 21 November 2017 - 03:18 AM

I'm crazy by N&W Y6a or Y6b class, I was forced to play Trainz 12 just for this :rotfl:

Although they have already created some N & W locomotives for the MSTS, it would be wonderful to have a unique and quality model ... With sounds ... That whistle... OMG!!

https://c1.staticflickr.com/1/508/18624054279_fd2029b983_b.jpg

#29 User is offline   Garry 

• Fireman
  • Simulator:Open Rails + TSRE5

Posted 21 November 2017 - 04:34 AM

Hi Timothy
Narrow Gauge in Columbia.
Second hand and a bit expensive, but ...
https://www.abebooks...uge+in+Columbia

Garry

#30 User is offline   hfmbears 

• Apprentice
  • Pip
  • Group: Status: Fired
  • Simulator:Microsoft Train Simulator

Posted 06 January 2018 - 06:30 PM

View PostATSF3751, on 25 October 2016 - 05:47 AM, said:

I am actually looking into making some of these. Currently working on the NKP, PM and C&O Berks, Also working on a CB&Q Hudson and Northern, along with a ATSF Northern and MILW S2 Northern.

What about Soo Line 1003?

• 4 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

2 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users