Elvas Tower: MS Route Editor crashes - Elvas Tower

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

MS Route Editor crashes Throws me out with an exception pop-up Rate Topic: -----

#11 User is offline   timothyskinner 

• Conductor
  • Group: Status: Active Member
  • Simulator:msts

Posted 27 January 2017 - 09:41 AM

I couldn't agree more Joseph - I have been doing exactly that to avoid exception report crashes...
I haven't had any problems at all this afternoon with new RAM and a re-set page sys...
So, fingers crossed, I may have - not necessarily cured - but reduced the problem..
I blame my delinquent grandsons who, thank goodness, are growing up, messing around and changing settings..

#12 User is offline   Jovet 

• Open Rails Developer
  • Group: Status: Elite Member
  • Simulator:MSTS/Open Rails

Posted 27 January 2017 - 09:49 AM

New RAM would only help if your old RAM was actually faulty. I don't recall that being determined.

I am skeptical that changing the Page File settings would affect much, but if it did, it would be random crashes and not just prone to one activity in the Route Editor.

Rebooting your computer more often may help as well. It may be unrelated, but every computer I've use the Route Editor on has needed rebooted every 4-5 days to keep the frame rate satisfactory. Every few days the max frame rate seems to drop by half.

Make sure you always completely exit the Route Editor between editing sessions or which switching routes to edit.

#13 User is offline   timothyskinner 

• Conductor
  • Group: Status: Active Member
  • Simulator:msts

Posted 27 January 2017 - 10:44 AM

Problem of memory cache not emptying occurred in any program - I just use the RE more than any other.
Page sys change helps efficient use of larger RAM.
I am still waiting for local computer guy to supply copy of what he loaded in 2010.
When he gets back to me I will revert all settings using scannow.
I was rebooting every half-hour to fully clear the cache.
That is no longer necessary.

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users