• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Waiting point icon missing in Track Monitor Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   mikebond 

• Apprentice
  • Group: Status: First Class
  • Simulator:Open Rails

Posted 13 October 2016 - 10:51 PM

When I create a waiting point on the path of a player train, there is no waiting point icon in the Track Monitor (ref 7.8.3 Waiting point considerations in the Open Rails manual). The only way that I can find the waiting point is to use the Autopilot mode with the Dispatcher Information screen on the HUD. When the player train reaches the waiting point, the AI mode changes to WTP.

I am running Version X3637.

#2 User is offline   Csantucci 

• Member, Board of Directors
  • Group: Status: Elite Member

Posted 14 October 2016 - 02:10 AM

The manual says "for new player trains", that is the WP icon is only displayed for former AI trains becoming player trains after a player train switch. The manual explains why in the paragraph you mention.
If original player train waiting points are associated to a signal, the signal will show red until the WP has expired, and that's is reasonably enough. Original player train waiting points not associated to a signal are discarded by OR. If you want that the player stops your train somewhere in a track section that has not signal at its end, put a location event displaying a message.

#3 User is offline   mikebond 

• Apprentice

Posted 14 October 2016 - 10:08 AM

View PostCsantucci, on 14 October 2016 - 02:10 AM, said:

The manual says "for new player trains", that is the WP icon is only displayed for former AI trains becoming player trains after a player train switch. The manual explains why in the paragraph you mention.
If original player train waiting points are associated to a signal, the signal will show red until the WP has expired, and that's is reasonably enough. Original player train waiting points not associated to a signal are discarded by OR. If you want that the player stops your train somewhere in a track section that has not signal at its end, put a location event displaying a message.

Thanks for the clarification. I had missed the significance of "new player train". I reread 7.8.1 General in the manual and now it all makes sense.

Mike

#4 User is online   R H Steele 

• Executive Vice President
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: ET Admin

Posted 14 October 2016 - 02:22 PM

View PostCsantucci, on 14 October 2016 - 02:10 AM, said:

Few days ago when running an activity I was having trouble with an AI, so I switched from the player to the AI - suspending the player. The AI showed a red hand in the track monitor - a waiting point - but no information concerning the duration or time the waiting point expired. Any way to extract that information for display? To determine how long you have to wait. Only way now (AFAIK) is to stop the sim, and use the AE to look at the waiting point in question.

Would that be useful?

#5 User is offline   mikebond 

• Apprentice

Posted 27 October 2016 - 10:02 AM

View PostR H Steele, on 14 October 2016 - 02:22 PM, said:

Few days ago when running an activity I was having trouble with an AI, so I switched from the player to the AI - suspending the player. The AI showed a red hand in the track monitor - a waiting point - but no information concerning the duration or time the waiting point expired. Any way to extract that information for display? To determine how long you have to wait. Only way now (AFAIK) is to stop the sim, and use the AE to look at the waiting point in question.

Would that be useful?

Open the HUD (F5), then press Shift+F5 to cycle through the extended HUD until the Dispatcher Information HUD is displayed. When an AI train is stopped at a waiting point, the expiration time of the wait is shown in the AI data column in the Dispatcher Information HUD.

#6 User is online   R H Steele 

• Executive Vice President
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: ET Admin

Posted 27 October 2016 - 02:00 PM

Mike, thank you, I had not noticed that being part of the Dispatch Info HUD.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users