• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Trainbrake-Problem with Acela HHP-8 Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   eugenR 

• Conductor
  • Group: Status: Contributing Member
  • Simulator:MSTS

Posted 28 September 2016 - 09:33 AM

If I start an activity or an explorer-route with the original MSTS Engine Acela HHP-8, the Trainbrake is applied by about 60%.
15 seconds after the activity-start, the Brake-Cylinders loose here pressure and the engine here brakeforce.
The Brake lever stay all-time at the same position!

If I release the Trainbrake and apply it again, after 15 seconds the same will happens.

Picture 1 after start of the activity:
Attached Image: Open Rails 2016-09-27 Bild1.jpg
Picture 2 shows the manometer in Zero-Position after the Brake-Cylinders have loose here pressure:
Attached Image: Open Rails 2016-09-27 Bild2.jpg

The problem exist since the Release X3407
This release was produced by Disc.
I have this Problem with the original MSTS *.eng file.

#2 User is offline   hroch 

• Fireman
  • Group: Status: Active Member
  • Simulator:MSTS OR

Posted 29 September 2016 - 12:04 AM

Hello,
Parameter DynamicBrakeHasAutoBailOff( 1 ) not working correctly. In real lokomotives worked only when the dynamic brake work.

If the engineer applies brake, the pressure in the brake pipe goes down e.g. from 5 to 4.7 bar. As soon as the dynamic brake starts working the pressure in the brake cylinder goes down to 0 bar.

If he applies brakes again from 4.7 to 4.3 bar, the pressure in the brake cylinder doesn't increase anymore. It stays on 0 bar. This doesn´t work corretly in OR. Because the pressure in the brake cylinder grows up and then goes down.

At speeds when the dynamic brake stops working (according to dynamic brake curve) the pressure in the brake cylinder grows according to the pressure in the brake pipe. This doesn´t work in OR.

I describe a system where when the dynamic brake fades due to low or high speeds, the pneumatic brake does not replace dynamic brake.

#3 User is offline   eugenR 

• Conductor

Posted 02 October 2016 - 12:32 AM

I have now made a Bug-report:
https://bugs.launchp...or/+bug/1629635

#4 User is offline   Serana 

• Conductor
  • Simulator:Open Rails

Posted 02 October 2016 - 11:59 AM

View Posthroch, on 29 September 2016 - 12:04 AM, said:

Hello,
Parameter DynamicBrakeHasAutoBailOff( 1 ) not working correctly. In real lokomotives worked only when the dynamic brake work.

If the engineer applies brake, the pressure in the brake pipe goes down e.g. from 5 to 4.7 bar. As soon as the dynamic brake starts working the pressure in the brake cylinder goes down to 0 bar.

If he applies brakes again from 4.7 to 4.3 bar, the pressure in the brake cylinder doesn't increase anymore. It stays on 0 bar. This doesn´t work corretly in OR. Because the pressure in the brake cylinder grows up and then goes down.

At speeds when the dynamic brake stops working (according to dynamic brake curve) the pressure in the brake cylinder grows according to the pressure in the brake pipe. This doesn´t work in OR.

I describe a system where when the dynamic brake fades due to low or high speeds, the pneumatic brake does not replace dynamic brake.

Hello,

I truely don't know why you are talking about this not implemented parameter in this bug report.
This is not related at all !
Since it is not implemented, it has stricly no impact on what's not working correctly currently.

#5 User is offline   eugenR 

• Conductor

Posted 02 October 2016 - 03:26 PM

View PostSerana, on 02 October 2016 - 11:59 AM, said:

Hello,

I truely don't know why you are talking about this not implemented parameter in this bug report.
This is not related at all !
Since it is not implemented, it has stricly no impact on what's not working correctly currently.

There must exist an implementation, because if I set this parameter to ( 0 ) the engine change the behavior.
The tainbrake works as usual!

Regards
EugenR

#6 User is offline   hroch 

• Fireman
  • Group: Status: Active Member
  • Simulator:MSTS OR

Posted 03 October 2016 - 12:33 AM

Hello,
Really?

Because this is related.

#7 User is offline   eugenR 

• Conductor

Posted 03 October 2016 - 02:50 AM

Now I have detect the behavior more exact:

If I wait after Activity-start until the brake-cylinders loose here pressure, then I release the trainbrake and start to drive, then also during the drive the cylinders loose here pressure, 10s after applying the trainbrake. and there is now brakeforce, as described in post #1

But:
If I start quick before the cylinders has loose the first time the pressure, I DOEN'T HAVE BRAKE-PROBLEMS during driving with this Engine!

#8 User is offline   disc 

• Foreman Of Engines
  • Group: Private - Open Rails Developer
  • Simulator:OpenRails

Posted 04 October 2016 - 09:08 AM

That's simply the DynamicBrakeHasAutoBailOff( 1 )
Since the blended braking is implemented, the HHP-8 dynamic brake delay is set to 15 seconds or something. As soon as the dynamic brake is on, the autobailoff bails off the locomotive brakes.
Before because the blended braking wasn't implemented, the dynamic brake never activated, just like the autobailoff.

#9 User is offline   eugenR 

• Conductor

Posted 05 October 2016 - 01:29 AM

View Postdisc, on 04 October 2016 - 09:08 AM, said:

That's simply the DynamicBrakeHasAutoBailOff( 1 )

Yes, O.K.
But the autobailoff is already activated at the STANDING engine (zero speed) at the begin of the activity?
There is also the following parameter in the original *.eng File
DynamicBrakesMinUsableSpeed( 5 ). Should this autobailoff not only work, if the engine has a speed over this parameter?
Also the dynamic brake is staying on at the standing engine (against the above parameter), it switch only off, if I turn back the brake lever.

During driving, the dynamic brake doesn't switch of at lower speed under the valor in this parameter.
It release only by turning back the brakelever.

And by the way:
Can you activate the display of the Dynamic brake of the Acela HHP-8 in the HUD F5?

Thank you
EugenR

#10 User is offline   Serana 

• Conductor
  • Simulator:Open Rails

Posted 06 October 2016 - 03:57 AM

View Posthroch, on 03 October 2016 - 12:33 AM, said:

Hello,
Really?

Because this is related.

I wasn't looking at the right location in the source code. I found where it's used and I think the implementation is a bit weird. I'll take a look at it after work.

• 5 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users