Elvas Tower: Air Brakes - Additional Features - Elvas Tower

Posting Rules

All new threads will be started by members of the Open Rails team, Staff, and/or Admins. Existing threads started in other forums may get moved here when it makes sense to do so.

Once a thread is started any member may post replies to it.
  • 10 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Air Brakes - Additional Features Rate Topic: -----

#31 User is offline   ATW 

• Engineer
  • Group: Status: Contributing Member
  • Simulator:MSTS Open Rails

Posted 12 August 2016 - 06:14 AM

As in the videos pay attention to the speed of the BP an EQ/ER as they stay at same pressure an speed in current version. But in the recommend older versions they do as they supposed to do on long trains an not have the same pressure speed during set an releases as EQ are the set target for BP to go but not as fast.

#32 User is offline   Serana 

• Conductor
  • Simulator:Open Rails

Posted 12 August 2016 - 11:03 PM

View Poststeamer_ctn, on 10 August 2016 - 06:31 PM, said:

Hopefully this has been resolved in #3603.

Hi,

I wonder why you're using a string to get the state of the controller.
Why do you not use the ControllerState enum ? (example in the attached patch)

Attached File(s)

#33 User is offline   steamer_ctn 

• Open Rails Developer
  • Group: Status: Elite Member

Posted 14 August 2016 - 12:43 AM

View PostSerana, on 12 August 2016 - 11:03 PM, said:

Why do you not use the ControllerState enum ? (example in the attached patch)

Thanks for pointing that out.

I have adjusted the code accordingly in #3604.

#34 User is offline   copperpen 

• Executive Vice President
  • Simulator:MSTS & OR

Posted 14 August 2016 - 03:34 AM

View Poststeamer_ctn, on 12 August 2016 - 01:07 AM, said:

I had a look at the videos, but I am still struggling to understand the issue that you are highlighting.

ii) Describe in more detail the problem that you are seeing in reference to the main and the Advanced Brake Information HUD. (Is it only on application or release as well?)

Thanks

Using a default consist, dash9+50 chemical, there is a marked difference in air brake behaviour when comparing V1.1 and the latest X3604.

In v1.1 the BP and ER change at different rates and moving from full emergency to full release causes the Main to drop to 73 as ER recharges.
Triple valve takes 1 minute 30 seconds to go from emergency to release for the cars in the consist, engine at about 1 minute

In x3604 the BP and ER change at the same rate and main only drops to 137 as ER recharges
Triple valve goes from emergency to release in 35 seconds and affects all units in the consist

#35 User is offline   hroch 

• Fireman
  • Group: Status: Active Member
  • Simulator:MSTS OR

Posted 14 August 2016 - 03:41 AM

Hi.
In version 3591 is it OK.
https://youtu.be/88n7qbF3DFk

In version 3604 consume air from main reservoir until fill with air the auxiliary reservoir on lokomotive. When OR fill up auxiliary reservoir on locomotive no consume air from main reservoir.
https://youtu.be/9v42BT-g5Ws

When is train brake controller in Notch ( 0.33 1 TrainBrakesControllerGraduatedSelfLapLimitedHoldingStart ) or Notch(0.2 1 TrainBrakesControllerApplyStart ) disappear presurre brake cylider of locomotive from basic HUD.

Basic HUD at steam locomotives displays pressure brake cylinder of tender.
Attached Image: Open Rails 3604 brake HUD.jpg
Attached File  OpenRailsLog.txt (20.58K)
Number of downloads: 499

#36 User is offline   Serana 

• Conductor
  • Simulator:Open Rails

Posted 14 August 2016 - 04:14 PM

I took a look at the code added in revision 3600.
If I understand well this code, what you're trying to do is to remove an amount of air from the brake pipe on the locomotive.

I think the current code in AirSinglePipe is a bit of a mess.
We shoud put the regulation of the brake pipe pressure in a new class (called BrakePipePressureRegulator for example).
This class should have the Equalizing Reservoir and the Main Reservoir as inputs and the Brake Pipe as an output.
For the regulation of the brake cylinder pressure, another class (TripleValve or Distributor depending on the setting in the ENG file).
In fact, all of the parts of the braking system should be separated.
The AirSinglePipe and AirTwinPipe should only contain the code that allows the propagation of the air.

That's maybe what I will have to work on after I finish the correction of the Alerter and the implementation of the High Voltage Circuit Breaker.

#37 User is offline   steamer_ctn 

• Open Rails Developer

Posted 14 August 2016 - 09:07 PM

View PostSerana, on 14 August 2016 - 04:14 PM, said:

I took a look at the code added in revision 3600.
If I understand well this code, what you're trying to do is to remove an amount of air from the brake pipe on the locomotive.

Yes that is correct.

View PostSerana, on 14 August 2016 - 04:14 PM, said:

I think the current code in AirSinglePipe is a bit of a mess.
That's maybe what I will have to work on after I finish the correction of the Alerter and the implementation of the High Voltage Circuit Breaker.

That sounds like a good idea.

In the meantime, I would be interested in any thoughts on the current code.

Below is the section of code that I am interested in (extracted from AirSinglePipe.cs in #3596):

foreach (TrainCar car in train.Cars)   			
                	{
                  	..........................................................................
                        if (car == train.Cars[0] || car.BrakeSystem.FrontBrakeHoseConnected && car.BrakeSystem.AngleCockAOpen && car0.BrakeSystem.AngleCockBOpen)
                    	{
                        	float dp = Math.Min (dt * (p1 - p0) / brakePipeTimeFactorS * 2, p1 - p0);
                        	car.BrakeSystem.BrakeLine1PressurePSI -= dp * brakePipeVolumeM30 / (brakePipeVolumeM30 + car.BrakeSystem.BrakePipeVolumeM3);
                        	car0.BrakeSystem.BrakeLine1PressurePSI += dp * car.BrakeSystem.BrakePipeVolumeM3 / (brakePipeVolumeM30 + car.BrakeSystem.BrakePipeVolumeM3);
                    	}
   				}

As background, it appears that the code immediately preceding this section sets the BrakeLine1PressurePSI for the locomotive ( or lead). The above code is then part of the section which propagates the brake line pressure along the train.

I am trying to understand why the propagation section should change the locomotive
BrakeLine1PressurePSI, as it appears to be doing so in an early iteration of the above loop, where the locomotive (or lead / car0) BrakeLine1PressurePSI is altered by adding the next cars value to it through the following statement:

car0.BrakeSystem.BrakeLine1PressurePSI += dp *  car.BrakeSystem.BrakePipeVolumeM3 / (brakePipeVolumeM30 +  car.BrakeSystem.BrakePipeVolumeM3);

Why is it using an addition calculation whereas all the others appear to be subtractions?

Consequently the brake pipe pressure for the locomotive appears to be go in the "reverse" direction compared to the other cars brake pipe pressures.

Thanks

#38 User is offline   steamer_ctn 

• Open Rails Developer

Posted 18 August 2016 - 02:12 AM

I am trying to sort out the brake controllers for different driver brake control valves.

I have put together a snapshot of the different brake controllers that I think should apply for the four major brake valve types.

If anybody has any further information on the particular brake controllers that should be used, I would be interested to hear.

Thanks

#39 User is offline   steamer_ctn 

• Open Rails Developer

Posted 18 August 2016 - 09:27 PM

#3607 - "TrainBrakesControllerHoldLapStart" state has been adjusted so that moving the brake control valve from the Running state to the Lap state will cause a minimum service pressure reduction as set by the following parameter in the ENG file:

TrainBrakesControllerMinPressureReduction ( x )

Typically this will apply to A-6 and A-7 types of brakes as defined on this page.

#40 User is offline   steamer_ctn 

• Open Rails Developer

Posted 19 August 2016 - 12:53 AM

View Posthroch, on 14 August 2016 - 03:41 AM, said:

When is train brake controller in Notch ( 0.33 1 TrainBrakesControllerGraduatedSelfLapLimitedHoldingStart ) or Notch(0.2 1 TrainBrakesControllerApplyStart ) disappear presurre brake cylider of locomotive from basic HUD.

Basic HUD at steam locomotives displays pressure brake cylinder of tender.

There appears to be two locomotives (a diesel and a steam) in the points that you have raised.

Can you zip both of the ENG files and attach them to the thread for viewing?

Thanks

• 10 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users