Elvas Tower: filling station (not working animations and fill rate) - Elvas Tower

• 4 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

filling station (not working animations and fill rate) Rate Topic: -----

#11 User is offline   edwardk 

• Open Rails Developer
  • Group: Status: Elite Member
  • Simulator:MSTS

Posted 17 July 2016 - 02:39 PM

QJ-6811, on 14 July 2016 - 07:04 AM, said:

That is correct, and so what I see. :) At the point "0 meter" I get water but no movement of the waterkoloms.

Two lines with "Intake Point" works perfectly with my locomotive, or rather in the tender.
As an example.
IntakePoint ( -5.2 1.4 FuelWater)
IntakePoint ( 2.5 3.7 FuelCoal )

In ORTS I can load water or coal in the tender, this is no problem. Of course you must be careful with the position (1st parameter) with respect to the range of the intake points (2nd parameter). The intake point must not overlap

I have done some tests with only one line, only with the water intakepoint.
Also tried with a broad scope of the intake point and also move the line to the locomotive. (from .WAG to .eng file)
Unfortunately, it has no effect ....... :unknw:

Why does it work for you guys???? :aggressive:

There is a setting somewhere that I forgot as "animations allowed" or something like that?

(no problem with refilling, but no movements of the water column, coal crane, etc. ??)

My previous statement was for engines that have 2 IntakePoints for the same fuel item since bigger locomotives would have more than one location for refueling. In short, if there are no issues then disregard.

Edward K.

#12 User is offline   QJ-6811 

• Conductor
  • Group: Status: Active Member
  • Simulator:MSTS / Open Rails

Posted 04 August 2016 - 06:25 AM

I like to come back to this issue...
Despite several attempts I get no animation more with the water column, coal crane, etc.

I was very surprised that it now works on the RMD_WEST route!
However, I can not open the RMD_WEST route with RE? (V1.4)

Does anyone know if there is a higher version of RE available?

[ Or maybe someone knows the difference of the water column settings why it does not work in RMD_EAST and well in RMD_WEST? ]

#13 User is offline   Jovet 

• Open Rails Developer
  • Simulator:MSTS/Open Rails

Posted 04 August 2016 - 02:10 PM

QJ-6811, on 04 August 2016 - 06:25 AM, said:

However, I can not open the RMD_WEST route with RE? (V1.4)
Does anyone know if there is a higher version of RE available?
[ Or maybe someone knows the difference of the water column settings why it does not work in RMD_EAST and well in RMD_WEST? ]

You have the same Route Editor the rest of us have. What happens when you try to load the RMD West route in it? It loads just fine for me.

I do not have the RMD East route, so I can't compare the shapes outright.

#14 User is offline   QJ-6811 

• Conductor

Posted 04 August 2016 - 11:02 PM

When loading of the router data you get the "general text" "Microsoft Train Simulator v1.4 does not work anymore." (There is a problem, etc etc> exit program).

But I understand from the answer v1.4 is the latest release. [OK]
Then I have to invent something else ........

(According to me the "settings of the water column" can not be read anywhere in the files, right?)

#15 User is offline   steamer_ctn 

• Open Rails Developer

Posted 05 August 2016 - 12:06 AM

QJ-6811, on 04 August 2016 - 11:02 PM, said:

When loading of the router data you get the "general text" "Microsoft Train Simulator v1.4 does not work anymore." (There is a problem, etc etc> exit program).

But I understand from the answer v1.4 is the latest release. [OK]
Then I have to invent something else ........

(According to me the "settings of the water column" can not be read anywhere in the files, right?)

Two things that you could try:
i) Open the route with the "rebuild track database" option selected, by clicking on Advanced options. NB this may delete any changes that you have done to the route (so keep a backup copy), but it should fix any problems opening the route in MSTS RE.

ii) Edit fueling points through the relevant text files (World Files).

This site might be of help.

#16 User is offline   copperpen 

• Executive Vice President
  • Simulator:MSTS & OR

Posted 05 August 2016 - 01:02 AM

Cannot use rebuild track database option on a finished route with interactives installed. It has the annoying habit of trashing a route.

#17 User is offline   Jovet 

• Open Rails Developer
  • Simulator:MSTS/Open Rails

Posted 05 August 2016 - 03:08 AM

QJ-6811, on 04 August 2016 - 11:02 PM, said:

Does your "MSTS" installation meet the requirements of the route? X-Tracks and all that? Which build of the MSTS\Global\tsection.dat file are you using? (Open it with Notepad and read the first few lines to find out.)
Which operating system are you using? Windows XP? Vista? Seven? Eight? Ten?
When did you last restart your computer?

#18 User is offline   QJ-6811 

• Conductor

Posted 05 August 2016 - 07:14 AM

steamer_ctn, on 05 August 2016 - 12:06 AM, said:

ii) Edit fueling points through the relevant text files (World Files).

This site might be of help.

The RE problem I solved this by restoring a previous backup of the RMD_West route.
(Do not ask me why ...?)

On the question of "animation and water column" I finally found the cause with the help of the "Coals to Newcastle" site.
The PickupType and PickupCapacity settings was not the problem.

The problem of the animation is caused by the rule PickupAnimData ( 3 x ) !!
It appears that the value "x" (as an example "2", a default value of the animitatie) may be the same or smaller, but not higher .........!!
In the MSTS period I had adapted the water column, coal crane, etc. to work more realistically. (Thereby improving the "Anim length xx sec").
ORTS can not handle it ....... (humm)

As a bypass I put all pickup objects with "PickupAnimData ( 3 2 )". The animations work again, although it has now become a high-speed coal crane, and the water column is flipped in 2 seconds .....

I hope a future ORTS releases can handle a higher value so that the animation works in "normal speed" again.

#19 User is offline   jonas 

• Engineer
  • Group: Status: Contributing Member

Posted 15 January 2017 - 10:20 AM

There is definitely a wrong interpretation of the "PickupAnimData" entry in wolrd files about watercolumns by ORTS!

I've changed in EUROP2 the entry from "PickupAnimData ( 3 2 )" to "PickupAnimData ( 3 3 )". As a result of this the watercolumn don't move any more while filling.

There is a strange relation between the "num_frames" in the "animation ( 2 30" line in shape files and the "Length" in the "PickupAnimData ( 3 2 )" entry in related world files.

Something different to what is suspected by QJ-6811, the "Length" entry of "PickupAnimData ( 3 2 )" muss be smaller or equal to "num_frames" in the "animation ( 2 30" line in ORTS. That make no sense and is not how MSTS works.

Here ORTS results of some tests with the "watercolumn.s" of route EUROP2:
Attached Image: 170115_Results.jpg
It's obvious: A PickupAnimData value bigger than "num_frames" and no animation is seen!
In all cases the watercolumn pickup fills up successfully. But even the moving of the crane is in question. (Of course, if I changed the "num_frames" value here I also changed the indexes of the anim keys in the shape file.)

The second value in "PickupAnimData ( 3 2 )" is the animation duration in seconds of a Pickup. It is named "Length" and is explained in "worldfile.bnf" in MSTS (..\UTILS\FFEDIT\) as "PickupAnimData ==> :uint,Type :float,Length ."

In my opinion ORTS ignores this second value of "PickupAnimData ( 3 2 )" entries, but treat it in strange relation to "num_frames" in "animation ( 2 30" lines and set the duration of the animation always to 1 second.
Why?

#20 User is offline   jonas 

• Engineer
  • Group: Status: Contributing Member

Posted 16 January 2017 - 11:49 AM

I think the problem with the animation duration can be fixed easily! It is a question of "integer <-> float".
In the OR code the variable "FrameRate" must also be able to accept values less than 1 (precise between 0 and 1) . This way longer lasting watercolumn animations are displayed correctly like in MSTS.

This requires only two small changes in the code of file "Shape.cs":
In line 937:

FrameRate = (int) (SharedShape.Animations [0] .FrameCount / FuelPickupItemObj.PickupAnimData.AnimationSpeed);

// changed to:

FrameRate = (float) (SharedShape.Animations [0] .FrameCount / FuelPickupItemObj.PickupAnimData.AnimationSpeed);

And of course the definition of var "FrameRate" in line 854:

Readonly int FrameRate;

// changed to:

Readonly float FrameRate;

I've test it with the todays SVN Version.

A small route to test it with a watercolumn animation of 7 seconds you can download here: Attached File  WaterPickUpinOR.zip (1.98MB)
Number of downloads: 237

So only one issue remains...

QJ-6811, on 10 July 2016 - 12:28 AM, said:

... 1) The filling happening much faster as specified in the object. (settings by right mouse key in RE object.) ...

...and maybe another one: The fill process starts at the begin of the moving watercolumn cran. But in MSTS it starts only when the cran position is reaching the intake point of the locomotive/tender (means the second key frame of the watercolumn shape is reached).

• 4 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users