Elvas Tower: filling station (not working animations and fill rate) - Elvas Tower

• 4 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

filling station (not working animations and fill rate) Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   QJ-6811 

• Conductor
  • Group: Status: Active Member
  • Simulator:MSTS / Open Rails

Posted 10 July 2016 - 12:28 AM

With MSTS I had edited two routes cover all filling stations (diesel pump, water column and coal bunkers).
I know all the "intake points" in .ENG and through the RE "refilling settings", etc. you need to set correctly.

Now In ORTS it works concerns filling diesel, water and coal through key "T", but:
1) The filling happening much faster as specified in the object. (settings by right mouse key in RE object.)
2) The animation does not work (and sound). I mean, the movement of the water column, the rotation of the coal-crane, etc.)

I read some posts in this forum, but they are all older posts. (or am I missing something?)

The question: Is this still does not work in ORTS (release 1.1) and this is still under preparation?
(Or is it a (new) setting that I need to change somewhere in ORTS or TE?)

#2 User is offline   Coolhand101 

• Foreman Of Engines
  • Group: Status: Contributing Member
  • Simulator:MSTS

Posted 10 July 2016 - 03:47 AM

QJ-6811, on 10 July 2016 - 12:28 AM, said:

With MSTS I had edited two routes cover all filling stations (diesel pump, water column and coal bunkers).
I know all the "intake points" in .ENG and through the RE "refilling settings", etc. you need to set correctly.

Now In ORTS it works concerns filling diesel, water and coal through key "T", but:
1) The filling happening much faster as specified in the object. (settings by right mouse key in RE object.)
2) The animation does not work (and sound). I mean, the movement of the water column, the rotation of the coal-crane, etc.)

I read some posts in this forum, but they are all older posts. (or am I missing something?)

The question: Is this still does not work in ORTS (release 1.1) and this is still under preparation?
(Or is it a (new) setting that I need to change somewhere in ORTS or TE?)

Please try the "testing" version to see if all the above are working.

With regard to question one. OR does not recognized the R.E fill rate parameter. However IIRC, this has been recently improved for fuelling.

#3 User is offline   QJ-6811 

• Conductor

Posted 10 July 2016 - 05:09 AM

I have updated to the latest release (X3594).
The problem remains the same, so key T does work (refilling), but no movement of the water column or crane.

what do you mean with IIRC ?

#4 User is offline   Coolhand101 

• Foreman Of Engines
  • Group: Status: Contributing Member

Posted 10 July 2016 - 07:26 AM

QJ-6811, on 10 July 2016 - 05:09 AM, said:

I have updated to the latest release (X3594).
The problem remains the same, so key T does work (refilling), but no movement of the water column or crane.

what do you mean with IIRC ?

IIRC = 'if i remember correctly'.

I use coal to load and unload wagons. There are animations as well as sound.

I do not use the water column or crane. Someone else might know the reasons for this!

#5 User is offline   Csantucci 

• Member, Board of Directors
  • Group: Status: Elite Member

Posted 10 July 2016 - 07:47 AM

I've just tested one water column of the Europe2 route, and it rotates with key T, once the loco is at the correct position (x.3591).

#6 User is offline   QJ-6811 

• Conductor

Posted 11 July 2016 - 07:44 AM

OK, I will soon test the "Europe route" if it works.
If this works, it should be a "RE object left mouse button setting"? I'll let you know.

#7 User is offline   QJ-6811 

• Conductor

Posted 13 July 2016 - 04:45 AM

hmm .... that's interesting..

I'm testing now the Europe route in release x3594 (St. Anton, water Kollom track 3 , 10.26567936 / 47.12858200), but it does not work ??
Also again checked the "program ORTS options" but has no options found that have to do with this. Item "MSTS environments" does not affect in any case.

The "refill" settings are not changed and functioning properly. By pressing "T-Key" you get the message "water supply replenished now" and at a little distance the message "distance to water supply is xxx meters". [OK]

In RE viewed the water column data. Actually same data as in my other routes, also in this the setting "animiation activated and activated effect". [ this option and "Fill rate" you usually had to adapt in MSTS routes ].

But, if it works for you guys ...... does anyone have any ideas?

#8 User is offline   Csantucci 

• Member, Board of Directors

Posted 13 July 2016 - 12:45 PM

If you get the message "distance to water supply is xxx meters" you aren't yet at the position where you can get water. You must move the train until your distance is equal to zero and stop the train there. At that point the water column rotates and you get water.

#9 User is offline   edwardk 

• Open Rails Developer

Posted 13 July 2016 - 01:28 PM

You may want to check engine file to see how many IntakePoint entries you have. I believe OR does not work with 2 entries the way it should so if you have more than 1, remove the negative entry.

Edit: Basically, leave the entry in that you want to use.

Edward K.

#10 User is offline   QJ-6811 

• Conductor

Posted 14 July 2016 - 07:04 AM

edwardk, on 13 July 2016 - 01:28 PM, said:

If you get the message "distance to water supply is xxx meters" you aren't yet at the position where you can get water. You must move the train until your distance is equal to zero and stop the train there. At that point the water column rotates and you get water.

That is correct, and so what I see. :) At the point "0 meter" I get water but no movement of the waterkoloms.

edwardk, on 13 July 2016 - 01:28 PM, said:

You may want to check engine file to see how many IntakePoint entries you have. I believe OR does not work with 2 entries the way it should so if you have more than 1, remove the negative entry.

Two lines with "Intake Point" works perfectly with my locomotive, or rather in the tender.
As an example.
IntakePoint ( -5.2 1.4 FuelWater)
IntakePoint ( 2.5 3.7 FuelCoal )

In ORTS I can load water or coal in the tender, this is no problem. Of course you must be careful with the position (1st parameter) with respect to the range of the intake points (2nd parameter). The intake point must not overlap

I have done some tests with only one line, only with the water intakepoint.
Also tried with a broad scope of the intake point and also move the line to the locomotive. (from .WAG to .eng file)
Unfortunately, it has no effect ....... :unknw:

Why does it work for you guys???? :aggressive:

There is a setting somewhere that I forgot as "animations allowed" or something like that?

(no problem with refilling, but no movements of the water column, coal crane, etc. ??)

• 4 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users