Elvas Tower: Turntables - Converting Static Ones into Working Ones? - Elvas Tower

Posting Rules

All new threads will be started by members of the Open Rails team, Staff, and/or Admins. Existing threads started in other forums may get moved here when it makes sense to do so.

Once a thread is started any member may post replies to it.
  • 5 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Turntables - Converting Static Ones into Working Ones? Rate Topic: -----

#41 User is offline   Laci1959 

• Foreman Of Engines
  • Group: Status: Contributing Member
  • Simulator:Alföld

Posted 15 March 2022 - 09:52 AM

Hello.

There is a ready-made animation, you just need to copy it to the turntables in the global folder. Openrails \ Documentation \ SampleFiles \ Manual \ a1t27mturntable_animations.zip
The a1t27mturntable_animations.zip file contains the a1t27mturntable_animations.txt file.
Unpack the shapet and insert the contents of the a1t27mturntable_animations.txt file in front of the last parenthesis. The turntables.dat file is also required for operation. The sample can be found in Sicilia1_turntable_kit.zip and w-005631 + 014158.zip.

The naming of the moving part is the job of the model maker. The name is not critical, I use the Hungarian name.

Sincerely, Laci 1959

#42 User is offline   dforrest 

• Foreman Of Engines
  • Simulator:MSTS, Open Rails

Posted 15 March 2022 - 11:15 AM

Thank you Laci. I will try that.

#43 User is offline   dforrest 

• Foreman Of Engines

Posted 16 March 2022 - 04:06 AM

Laci, I have followed your instructions but the turntable does not show in Open Rails as an operable turntable. Should I be making some changes based on the instruction "the naming of the moving part is the job of the model maker. The name is not critical, I use the Hungarian name." in "Turntable Animation.txt"?

#44 User is offline   Laci1959 

• Foreman Of Engines

Posted 16 March 2022 - 09:49 AM

https://kephost.net/t/2022/11/6268_b6733e745062.png
The hierarchy of the turntable. It consists of a minimum of two parts. The two names in the picture are the same for all MSTS turntable. The situation is different with a self-made disc, but the principle is the same.

https://kephost.net/t/2022/11/2242_d0384c8d5e09.png
Insert animation into MSTS turntable. The shape file must be unpacked and then opened with Notepad. The animation should be inserted before the last parenthesis. This is located in the a1t27mturntable_animations.txt file, the contents of the entire file must be copied and pasted. It's a good idea to check the animation in Shape View. If it fails, you need to start over from the backup again. It was good for me on the third try.

https://kephost.net/t/2022/11/1721_36a7d03f44df.png
Structure of the Turntables.dat file. There is a sample file in the Openrails Documentation folder. The track must be copied and rewritten to the Openrails folder. The sample file contains information about the a1t27mturntable.s file. If there is only one such Turntable, only the contents of two rows need to be corrected. The WFile line contains the name of the W file where the Turntable was placed. The UID line must contain the contents of the Turntable line of the same name in the W file.

https://kephost.net/t/2022/11/9145_b258fcc830ce.png
The contents of the ZOffset and Diameter lines are used if not the default a1t27mturntable.s.

#45 User is offline   dforrest 

• Foreman Of Engines

Posted 17 March 2022 - 02:51 PM

Thank you again Laci for your help. Following you guidance, I have the turntable fully operational but have one problem. The turntable rotates as it should be the wagon on the turntable remains static in its original position! Can you off any suggestions on how to resolve this.

David

#46 User is offline   Laci1959 

• Foreman Of Engines

Posted 17 March 2022 - 11:43 PM

dforrest, on 17 March 2022 - 02:51 PM, said:

Thank you again Laci for your help. Following you guidance, I have the turntable fully operational but have one problem. The turntable rotates as it should be the wagon on the turntable remains static in its original position! Can you off any suggestions on how to resolve this.

David

Hello.

I've read about this mistake before, but that's all that's left. The negative value of YOffset is suspicious to me. I use a value of 0, true with self-made discs. Maybe that's the solution, but it's just an idea.

Sincerely, Laci 1959

• 5 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users