• Group: Status: Active Member
  • Simulator:msts/open rails

Posted 25 May 2016 - 01:14 PM

http://www.elvastowe...eenshot&id=2288
File Name: C&S Bridge #52
File Submitter: rt35ge
File Submitted: 25 May 2016
File Category: Bridges

C&S #52 Bridge. One of many bridges located along the Colorado & Southern (C&S) railroad located in Colorado. Information for the model gathered from Clear Creek Model Engineering, Inc Through Plate Girder Bridge NO. 51.25 Drawing No. 3 and No. 12. Information also gathered from “Colorado Central Golden, Central City, Georgetown,” by Abbott, MCCoy, and MCleod page 377.
This model is a best guess.

****NOTE!!!**** It is HIGHLY RECOMMENDED that this model be use on the Open Rails platform only. It will load in MSTS, but users will more than likely experience texture issues of a "Harry Houdini" like nature. We could not correct this issue.

****Special thanks to Jerome Cress who had the idea and did the initial construction for the model and provided reference materials,Chris Gerlach for permission to use some of his textures, Brian Kistner for texture work and overall editing of the model.****

Source model included.

Made in Sketchup 8.

May 2016
By Jerome Cress
Brian Kistner

rt35ge@gmail.com
bkkistner7@hotmail.com

How to install:

1. Unzip the file folder.

2. Copy the shapes folder and the textures folder into the route of your choice.

3. Copy the REF doc into the routes REF file. Model's class is "sketchup".

This model is freeware and MAY NOT be used for commercial ventures.

Repainting is permitted. PLEASE credit the authors if repaint is uploaded. The layout of the ACE files is different than the typical format to make repainting easier on the user.

Click here to download this file

#2 User is offline   Jovet 

• Open Rails Developer
  • Group: Status: Elite Member
  • Simulator:MSTS/Open Rails

Posted 26 May 2016 - 04:19 AM

That is a nice bridge model. Thanks for sharing. :) You realize that one size and shape is never enough, right? ;)

With regards to it working in MSTS, it is rather poly heavy and likely not as efficient as it could be. But what make MSTS angry more than anything are un-textured faces, and I see one (and only one) on the thin edge of one of the weld-plates that joins the diagonal members to the cross-ways I-beams. That very well could be your woes in MSTS. If I could offer another suggestion, it would be that the pivot point of the shape is not in a good spot. Right now it's at the bottom outside corner of one of the brick foundations. Having it be at the top (track level) and centered (mid-gauge) at one end would be a lot easier to work with in a route.

#3 User is offline   Casey Jones ICRR 

• Conductor
  • Simulator:MSTS

Posted 29 May 2016 - 09:38 AM

View Postjovet, on 26 May 2016 - 04:19 AM, said:

That is a nice bridge model. Thanks for sharing. :) You realize that one size and shape is never enough, right? ;)

With regards to it working in MSTS, it is rather poly heavy and likely not as efficient as it could be. But what make MSTS angry more than anything are un-textured faces, and I see one (and only one) on the thin edge of one of the weld-plates that joins the diagonal members to the cross-ways I-beams. That very well could be your woes in MSTS. If I could offer another suggestion, it would be that the pivot point of the shape is not in a good spot. Right now it's at the bottom outside corner of one of the brick foundations. Having it be at the top (track level) and centered (mid-gauge) at one end would be a lot easier to work with in a route.

That untextured spot was the issue with the railroad ties and some of the pier disappearing. I also corrected the point of origin and now it should be easier to place.

Yes, the model is high poly 7,422) and could be designed a little better. I suppose I could have made the piers and the railroad ties both separate shapes. Personally, I don't like bridges that have several shapes to make it. This is our 3rd bridge and my sixth to build. Jerome and a friend in Iowa really like the one shape concept and they don't mind the heavy polygon hit. But others may not.

Thanks Jovet. Jerome will have a fix uploaded soon.

#4 User is offline   rt35ge 

• Fireman
  • Simulator:msts/open rails

Posted 30 May 2016 - 05:40 PM

Jovet,
Thank you for the kind words of support and the teaching information about fixing the bridge. The bridge fill fix has been uploaded and everyone should see it soon. Thank you,
Jerome

#5 User is offline   Jovet 

• Open Rails Developer
  • Group: Status: Elite Member
  • Simulator:MSTS/Open Rails

Posted 31 May 2016 - 08:09 AM

It looks great, guys!

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users