Elvas Tower: Columbia Valley Pacific - Elvas Tower

• 14 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Columbia Valley Pacific Fictional British Columbia Mining RR in Railworks Rate Topic: -----

#21 User is offline   Coonskin 

• Open Rails Developer
  • Group: Status: Elite Member

Posted 24 July 2016 - 06:46 PM

Thanks for the additional explanation Joseph and Wayne. That would be livable. I just don't want a sim/game that HAS to be connected in order to indulge. After I spent the $$ to get Trainz, only to find that my version had to be connected, then the Trainz community tells me "oh, you should have purchased such n' such version". Would have been nice to know that in advance.

Anyway...

I figure it will be a while on Wayne's route... but the C&S is ready to purchase n' play.

Maybe this will give me the impetus to get my newer computer set up and going so I can possibly give TS2016 a whirl.

#22 User is offline   august1929 

• Foreman Of Engines
  • Group: Status: Contributing Member

Posted 04 August 2016 - 12:12 PM

Hi Andre,

Long time no speak but good to see you are considering TS :jumpy: .

I had real problems with the "online" aspect early in my use of the sim (or game as some insist) and went back to MSTS for a good while - the eye candy got me back though and after a bit I got used to the fact that Steam was sat there in the background.

I never take it offline now - if Steam is ever offline on its own account (as sometimes happens) it automatically gives you the option of loading offline so no problem.

It is a bit of a steep learning curve with the sim, particularly if like me (and I guess you will be the same) you like to fiddle and tinker. One invaluable tool is Mike Simpson's RWTools - don't know what I would do without it - multi tool for sorting out all sorts of ills! Freeware now and available on his website and at UKTrainsim.

The C&S is very nice indeed - just crying out for some very skilled route builder to use the assets to create their own little bit of steam paradise (a shameless heavy hint!)

My apologies Wayne for hijacking this thread - just love the water level running!

Rod

#23 User is offline   Coonskin 

• Open Rails Developer

Posted 07 August 2016 - 01:58 PM

Hi Rod:

Good to be chatting with you again.

I am still tossing the TS idea around. I do like the looks of Wayne's in-process route, and of course, you know me and Colorado narrow gauge. Only real "issue" that I see with the TS C&S is that it's the era it's set in is too "modern". :D

However, I seriously suspect not much link n' pin equipment of any type exists for TS, much less Colorado Central or Denver South Park & Pacific equipment!

The reason for the "online" question is because of a bad experience with Trainz. The version I tried MUST have an active online connection before it would even LAUNCH. I don't care if TS wants to use an online connection as long as TS will LAUNCH in the absence of an online connection. I just don't want to HAVE to have a connection in order to launch the game/sim/whatever. Otherwise, when we're having ISP problems (an excellent time to be involved in non-online activities), I could go into the TS game/sim/whatever and piddle.

All fer now.

#24 User is offline   Coonskin 

• Open Rails Developer

Posted 07 August 2016 - 05:52 PM

Wayne, Rod, somebody...

Is this what I would need for a look-see?

https://www.amazon.c...c/dp/B019J3TH84

#25 User is offline   wacampbell 

• Member since Nov. 2003
  • Group: Fan: Traction Nuts

Posted 07 August 2016 - 08:34 PM

View PostCoonskin, on 07 August 2016 - 05:52 PM, said:

Wayne, Rod, somebody...

Is this what I would need for a look-see?

https://www.amazon.c...c/dp/B019J3TH84

I have no experience buying off Amazon, I have always bought direct from Steam. Its a good price though. Although if you can wait, its often on sale on Steam for $10.

This pack gives you the basics and is a good start.

If you are interested in the C&S you'll have to get it from Steam separately.

And just a heads up that most of the freeware downloads have a list of dependencies that must be purchased separately. I usually wait for the Steam sales and pick up what I need at half price or less. But be prepared for some frustration until you get your library built up. The Steam stuff always comes complete, its just the 3rd party addons that have these dependencies.

BTW I seem to remember making a bunch of link and pin rolling stock many years ago for MSTS. I'd be happy to convert some of it to RW.

#26 User is offline   wacampbell 

• Member since Nov. 2003

Posted 08 August 2016 - 05:21 PM

Here's some shots taken following a CVP mixed freight westbound out of Columbia.

Attached File(s)

#27 User is offline   Coonskin 

• Open Rails Developer

Posted 08 August 2016 - 05:28 PM

I have no experience buying off Amazon, I have always bought direct from Steam. Its a good price though. Although if you can wait, its often on sale on Steam for $10.

Well, I'm not really in a hurry. Sort of letting the idea simmer to see what develops.

If you are interested in the C&S you'll have to get it from Steam separately.

Understood, and I have no problem obtaining it from steam, I just don't want a sim/game that HAS to be connected in order to indulge.

And just a heads up that most of the freeware downloads have a list of dependencies that must be purchased separately.

Understood and thanks for the heads-up. Also the tip on simply waiting and being patient.

BTW I seem to remember making a bunch of link and pin rolling stock many years ago for MSTS. I'd be happy to convert some of it to RW.

That's very generous of you. Could be that in the future that could be an option?

Thanks again for your input, and BTW, superb screens of your work that was just posted this evening!

#28 User is offline   wacampbell 

• Member since Nov. 2003

Posted 09 August 2016 - 05:06 PM

Just a few more random shots. And thanks to Tim Muir and Chris Gerlach for their contributions here.

Attached File(s)

#29 User is offline   Jovet 

• Open Rails Developer
  • Simulator:MSTS/Open Rails

Posted 09 August 2016 - 08:17 PM

I can just smell the fresh air!!

#30 User is offline   timmuir 

• Member since Nov. 2003
  • Simulator:Open Rails Only

Posted 06 August 2017 - 06:06 PM

View PostJovet, on 09 August 2016 - 08:17 PM, said:

I can just smell the fresh air!!

Until that W-class runs under your nose! ;) But, I am stunned. The is the first time I've stumbled upon this thread and WOW! Wayne, you certainly have kept up the bar! (where's my Long Island?)...It's kind of funny, but when I first saw this scene,

Attached File  24010_20160808110327_1.jpg (320.97K)
Number of downloads: 124

...my mind went immediately to the old L&PS where the track travels through wide scenic areas, through farmlands with broad expanses of highly detailed scenery on both sides. I really am impressed, deeply so. I may have to re-evaluate my whole life again ;)... :thumbup3:

• 14 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users