Elvas Tower: Operational turntable - Elvas Tower

Posting Rules

All new threads will be started by members of the Open Rails team, Staff, and/or Admins. Existing threads started in other forums may get moved here when it makes sense to do so.

Once a thread is started any member may post replies to it.
  • 38 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Operational turntable Rate Topic: ***** 1 Votes

#241 User is offline   captain_bazza 

• Chairman, Board of Directors
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: ET Admin
  • Simulator:MSTS & OR

Posted 16 November 2017 - 12:36 AM

How do you stay sane, Vince?

Cheers Bazza.

#242 User is offline   RTP 

• Conductor
  • Group: Status: Active Member
  • Simulator:Open Rails

Posted 16 November 2017 - 10:37 AM

Hurrah !
Hurrah !
Hurrah !

#243 User is offline   vince 

• Superintendant
  • Group: Status: Elite Member
  • Simulator:ORTS_Running MSTS_Editing

Posted 16 November 2017 - 11:15 AM

captain_bazza, on 16 November 2017 - 12:32 AM, said:

How do you stay sane, Vince? Cheers Bazza.

I make no claim of sanity Captain! After 17 years of this, who could possible be sane? http://www.elvastower.com/forums/public/style_emoticons/default/wallbash.gif

regards,
vince

#244 User is offline   lineman 

• Engineer
  • Group: Status: Contributing Member
  • Simulator:Open Rails Train Simulator

Posted 16 November 2017 - 11:19 AM

No one who is still inside the box, anybody know how to open the lid??!!

#245 User is offline   vince 

• Superintendant

Posted 06 May 2018 - 07:30 PM

captain_bazza, on 16 November 2017 - 12:32 AM, said:

How do you stay sane, Vince? Cheers Bazza.

Never made that claim Capn' http://www.elvastower.com/forums/public/style_emoticons/default/crazy.gif
Speaking of insanity . . . Would anyone like to take on the job of making the two PRR Eastern Region Altoona turntables operational? Shape is A1t42mTurntable.s
I'll attach a zip of the TT to this post.

This is the last chore of my upgrading the PRR East to a version 2 and making these turntables fully operational would be a real gem of the upgrade. Philadelphia has been completely rebuilt and the Altoona Upgrade that was part of the never released PRRFix07 patch has been added . . . with the exception of the TT's. I know there are more TT's to be made operational but I'd like to get the Altoona TT's operational first and then with a later upgrade fix all of them in the route.
Any help here is much appreciated.

regards,
vince

Attached File  A1t42mTurntable.zip (178.34K)
Number of downloads: 486

Attached Image: AltoonaTT2.jpg

#246 User is offline   SP 0-6-0 

• Foreman Of Engines
  • Simulator:MSTS/ORTS

Posted 06 May 2018 - 08:26 PM

The standard Xtracks 42m turntable cannot be made to animate because of the way the shape was built. A new shape is in the works to directly replace the existing shape. My turntable will be ready in 3 to 4 weeks. It will be released as part of a update to Xtracks long in the making.

Travis Ebner has already done this but the turntables are not the same kind. His is a little different but is a drop in replacement 42m.

If your using Scale Rails than some of the WP Feather River route stuff posted earlier might work.

Robert

#247 User is offline   vince 

• Superintendant

Posted 08 May 2018 - 04:48 PM

SP 0-6-0, on 06 May 2018 - 08:26 PM, said:

The standard Xtracks 42m turntable cannot be made to animate because of the way the shape was built. A new shape is in the works to directly replace the existing shape. My turntable will be ready in 3 to 4 weeks. It will be released as part of a update to Xtracks long in the making.

Travis Ebner has already done this but the turntables are not the same kind. His is a little different but is a drop in replacement 42m.

If your using Scale Rails than some of the WP Feather River route stuff posted earlier might work.

Robert

Much thanks Robert. No Scale Rail so I will wait on the release of your model for the two Altoona TT's as the roundhouse's and shops were already installed by Ron Pikardi and he used the 42m model so everything's in place for the TT. Won't be idle tho' as there is a ton of scenery tweaks and signal work pending.

regards,
vince

#248 User is offline   SP 0-6-0 

• Foreman Of Engines
  • Simulator:MSTS/ORTS

Posted 08 May 2018 - 05:36 PM

Vince, If you want you can use Travis Ebner's replacement shape available here and TS.com. I have quite awhile yet to release for mine.

I've got two textures if you want to use them for Travis's work?

Robert

#249 User is offline   vince 

• Superintendant

Posted 08 May 2018 - 10:29 PM

SP 0-6-0, on 08 May 2018 - 05:36 PM, said:

Vince, If you want you can use Travis Ebner's replacement shape available here and TS.com. I have quite awhile yet to release for mine.

I've got two textures if you want to use them for Travis's work?

Robert

Robert,
I'm still in the process of learning just what files are needed and where they are placed. I am giving the Manual turntable section a thorough reading.
The TT showed up ok but no texture ( a uniform grey color). I'll try to figure it out tomorrow. The distributed filenames are . . . confusing where the example dat file shows a different name than the distribution. Maybe I'm misreading the instructions . . . there are several parts in the distribution and their use is not clear (are ref file entries needed?) to me but I'll figure it out.http://www.elvastower.com/forums/public/style_emoticons/default/goodnight.gif

vince

#250 User is offline   Csantucci 

• Member, Board of Directors

Posted 09 May 2018 - 02:06 AM

Hi vince,
the turntable's texture file must be located in the route's texture folder and not in the global texture folder.
I have created a test route where I inserted a working Travis Ebner 42m turntable.
You can download it from here
Attached File  Train Simulator_turntable42m.zip (10.77MB)
Number of downloads: 589
unpack it within your Train Simulator folder and look at files turntables.dat and turntable42m.trk for your reference.
In file turntables.dat you must only adapt to your case the WFile and the UiD lines (and add a second Turntable block and modifying the initial 1 to a 2, if you have two turntables).
To adapt to your case file turntable42m.trk must be renamed accordingly to your .trk filename, and the internal include line must be edited accordingly.
Pls. note that the base .trk file (the one in the route's folder) must not have an empty line after the last parenthesis, else the include mechanism does not work (found out this today...)

• 38 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users