Elvas Tower: Operational turntable - Elvas Tower

Posting Rules

All new threads will be started by members of the Open Rails team, Staff, and/or Admins. Existing threads started in other forums may get moved here when it makes sense to do so.

Once a thread is started any member may post replies to it.
  • 38 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Operational turntable Rate Topic: ***** 1 Votes

#191 User is offline   burgerbern 

• Conductor
  • Group: Status: Contributing Member
  • Simulator:ORTS

Posted 09 June 2016 - 11:08 AM

View Postmidneguy, on 07 June 2016 - 03:02 PM, said:

Sorry I missed seeing your question about how I renamed things for the sounds... I hope I'm not too late replying now!

Thanks for the reply, i will give it a go, would not have seen the answer if you had spotted it earlier as i have been in hospital for the last 3 days, just got home a few hours ago

#192 User is offline   dforrest 

• Foreman Of Engines
  • Simulator:MSTS, Open Rails

Posted 10 June 2016 - 12:07 PM

Is there a way to shunt a wagon onto the turntable and turn it independently of any locomotive?

#193 User is offline   Csantucci 

• Member, Board of Directors
  • Group: Status: Elite Member

Posted 10 June 2016 - 12:19 PM

One of the requests that has come out using turntables is the following: consider an activity where a loco that exits the roundhouse, turns on the turntable, and then moves to couple a consist to carry it to destination. This requires having a short path from the roundhouse to the turntable. However, once the loco has rotated on the turntable, it is out of path and the rest of the activity should be executed with the loco in manual mode, which is not a proper way of running an activity.
x.3558, that required few code changes, provides a way out from this: if after exiting the turntable in manual mode the loco couples to a stopped (through waiting point or station stop) AI train, the player loco becomes "part" of such AI train and takes its path, together with station stops and so on. The AI train may have a visible loco (in this case the AI train will get a double traction after the player train has coupled) or may have an invisible loco, that can even be detached after the player loco attaches to the AI train.
Attached is a demo activity for route Sicilia 1, using standard MSTS trainsets: at startup the loco is in the roundhouse. The turntable must be aligned to the loco, the loco is moved on the turntable and set to manual mode and reverser at neutral, and then it is rotated to exit the platform with its back. It runs backward until it couples to the AI train stopped at the station. At this point the TrainListWindow must be opened (Alt-F9), and the player loco is "absorbed" within the AI train, automatically entering auto mode and getting the path of the AI train and its station stops. If one wants to run the whole activity, he can arrive up to the end station (Messina), where he can uncouple the player loco, proceed forward up to the reverse point, and then reverse up to the Messina turntable. There it can pass to manual mode, the turntable can be rotated, and the loco enters the Messina roundtable terminating the activity.
Attached File  Testturntablepath.zip (4.3K)
Number of downloads: 591

Re dforrest's request: no, up to now that is not possible, but it is not excluded that it will be possible.
As discovered in the link you provided http://tsforum.freec...ting-turntables , it is possible to have a short invisible loco (with a screwed down cabview) attached to the player consist, to move such consist to the turntable, to detach the player loco leaving on the turntable the invisible loco together with the car to be turned, and to exit the turntable with the player loco. Then with the TrainListWindow one must select the invisible loco and player loco, and at that point it can rotate the turntable. When rotation is terminated you return to the original player loco and move it on the turntable, couple to the consist waiting there and exit the turntable.
As

#194 User is offline   andoodle 

• Hostler
  • Group: Status: Active Member
  • Simulator:MSTS, Open Rails, TSClassic

Posted 13 June 2016 - 08:41 AM

If I may, I would like to say one thing. I very much appreciate the implementation of operating turntables into Open Rails. I am sorry to say this, but Microsoft Train Simulator 2 was going to have operating turntables while it was being made the first time until it was cancelled for the first time. Again, I apologize for saying this, but I felt that I needed to get it off my chest. Also, I would, once again, like to thank the Open Rails development team for giving Open Rails the long-awaited operating turntable feature. :thumbup3: :bravo:

#195 User is offline   Sid P. 

• Conductor
  • Simulator:Open Rails / MSTS

Posted 14 June 2016 - 01:26 PM

I just discovered that the route "XTracksRef" that is available with the XTracks download has a A1t27m turntable and a roundhouse included.
It is a handy route to use for testing the new capabilities described above, because it is short, and starts with the loco entering the roundhouse.
Here are the files for the OpenRails folder in the Route folder
Attached File  XtTracksRefturntables.zip (564bytes)
Number of downloads: 665

#196 User is offline   Csantucci 

• Member, Board of Directors

Posted 15 June 2016 - 04:35 AM

With x.3567 it is now possible to turn also isolated wagons on the turntable. Move the wagon to the middle of the turntable with the player loco, detach the loco and exit the turntable. Turn the wagon. Reenter the turntable with the player loco, couple to the wagon and exit the turntable with it.

#197 User is offline   RTP 

• Conductor
  • Simulator:Open Rails

Posted 15 June 2016 - 05:21 AM

Tested.
Works fine.

Regards.

#198 User is offline   Jovet 

• Open Rails Developer
  • Simulator:MSTS/Open Rails

Posted 15 June 2016 - 10:50 AM

Keep up the great work, Carlo. I hope you know what an inspiration working turntables are to many people!

#199 User is offline   StationWhere 

• Fireman
  • Simulator:MSTS, OR

Posted 16 August 2016 - 10:39 PM

Hello. Bonjour à tous!

View PostCsantucci, on 15 May 2016 - 12:47 PM, said:

Here are the instructions and the files to test the turntable alpha version, both for route Catania-Messina (SICILIA_1) and for other routes using a1t27mturntable.s.
Route Catania-Messina.....Here two test paths, one for each turntable in the route, are provided: they can be used either in explore mode or within activities:
Attachment Turntable_PATHS.zip

I was enjoyed to find an example of path accross a TURNTABLE. Hélas... It was a direct across of the table without turning it.
Did somebody try to make a PATH accross a A1t27m.. TURNTABLE needing to turn it?
Regards and Thanks for your attention.

#200 User is offline   jonas 

• Engineer
  • Simulator:MSTS & OR

Posted 18 December 2016 - 01:45 PM

A turntable supplement for roundhouse gates by using MSTS level crossing feature. At first a vector chaos by focused work with tracks and roads...

Attached Image: LevelCrossGatesVectors.jpg

...but the result is worthwhile, I think :-) ---> https://youtu.be/qsS1i5EAjGA <---

• 38 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users