Elvas Tower: Internal and external sounds not sync - Elvas Tower

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Internal and external sounds not sync Discrete triggers affected ? Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   Coolhand101 

• Foreman Of Engines
  • Group: Status: Contributing Member
  • Simulator:MSTS

Posted 27 March 2016 - 03:29 PM

First off, this problem does not occur in version X3411

Sound problem 1

PlayOneShot, 15 second sound file, cab view only.

X3411

This sound will play the time length of 15 seconds, even when switching to an external view and back to cab view.

X3487

This sound will play the time length of 15 seconds in cab view, but when switching to an external view and back to cab view before the 15 seconds, the sound is not playing.

Sound problem 2

PlayOneShot or StartloopRelease, HORN sound file, cab and external views.

X3411

The horn sound plays the correct length when switching between cab and external views.

X3487

PlayOneShot - The horn sound is cut short when switching between cab or external views.
StartloopRelease - The horn sound is cut short when switching between cab or external views ONCE the cue marker is finished.

Sound problem 3

PlayOneShot, 20 second Engine start up and shut down sound file, cab and external views.

X3411

This sound length plays correct when switching between cab and external views.

X3487

The sound is cut short when switching between cab or external views-

ie, when pressing engine on or off, in one of the views, the PlayOneShot is active. When switching views before the 20 seconds, this sound is already finished playing.

I have a few more sounds files which behaved as i have describe above.

The OR log reports no problems.

So something has change with the playing of sounds being cut short when switching views.

From what i can make out, it appears that the Variable Triggers using internal and external sounds are unaffected by this problem, but the Discrete Triggers using internal and external sounds are affected ,ie i_horn.wav and x_horn.wav.

The above files are infact using the Discrete Triggers.

Apologies if this has already been addressed.

Thanks

#2 User is offline   Coolhand101 

• Foreman Of Engines

Posted 27 March 2016 - 04:12 PM

Testing on a few versions and have narrowed down what version this problem has occured-

x3411 OK
x3420 OK
x3422 Failed
x3423 Failed
x3424 Failed
x3425 Failed
x3430 Failed
x3458 Failed
x3467 Failed
x3487 Failed

Version x3420 was the last downloadable version where my problem does not occur!

Thanks

#3 User is offline   Coolhand101 

• Foreman Of Engines

Posted 29 March 2016 - 03:07 AM

Using the DASH9 horn, i can reproduce this problem. The horn sound when release , cuts short when switching views. The longer the sound file length, the more noticeable this becomes.

As i said above, i have a 20 second shut down and start up engine sound for cab and exterior views, that uses the 'PlayOneShot' token.

Using this in cab, cuts the external sound when switching to a exterior view and vice-versa.

As this worked correctly up to x3420, i did notice this change in x3421 and above :-

■X3421 Modify OpenAL source management strategy, to assign them only to actually playing sounds, in order to allow larger cutoff distance and better resource management https://blueprints.l...cutoff-distance

Can anyone assist on this matter.

Thanks

#4 User is offline   Coolhand101 

• Foreman Of Engines

Posted 30 March 2016 - 07:57 AM

Can someone please test my problem or confirm that it is indeed occurring ?

#5 User is offline   copperpen 

• Executive Vice President
  • Group: Status: Elite Member
  • Simulator:MSTS & OR

Posted 30 March 2016 - 10:50 AM

I can confirm this is happening. I used a GG1 that has a long horn to make certain, and horn sound is definitely cut off on moving from cab to outside or the other way. Bell on the Dash 9 continues to work if moving from external to cab but does not seem to work moving from cap to outside view.

#6 User is offline   Csantucci 

• Member, Board of Directors

Posted 30 March 2016 - 12:30 PM

Yes, I can confirm too that there is a problem that wasn't there up to x.3420. Internal and external loco files are out of sync (I tested it with a quite long startup sound). As a suggestion towards the solution I can say that, if one opens the sound debug form, the related inactive sound continuously passes from the PlayState New to the PlayState Playing and back to new. If one passes from internal to external view (or vice-versa), it is again the new inactive sound that continuously passes from the PlayState New to the PlayState Playing. The strange thing is that this sound has a long intro part (the part from sound start to first cue point), however the inactive sound seems to arrive before the active sound to the looping part. This behaviour is not present in x.3420. Coolhand can file a bug report.

#7 User is offline   Coolhand101 

• Foreman Of Engines

Posted 30 March 2016 - 01:42 PM

Thanks for the confirmation.

#8 User is offline   atsf37l 

• Group: Status: First Class
  • Simulator:ORTS

Posted 30 March 2016 - 02:07 PM

Just another little sound issue using 1.1, bell sounds from inside and outside - slightly different - both ringing when inside an RGS Galloping Goose. Don't seem to have the same issue in other cabs.

#9 User is offline   atsf37l 

• Group: Status: First Class
  • Simulator:ORTS

Posted 30 March 2016 - 05:33 PM

While on the subject of my Galloping Geese, version 1.1 has "additional sound triggers added." Apparently one of those triggers is for the compressor sound in diesels. The problem I'm experiencing is that this great big thumping industrial grade diesel engine compressor sound is deafening and overpowering the lil old GMC 6 cylinder engine in the Goose. There is no .wav file present in the sound folder for the goose and no statement in the .sms that would call for this monster to kick in and apparently no way to turn the darn thing off or at least lower the volume as the little belt driven compressor under the hood pumps up the reservoir.

How do I shut it down? I'm sure this will be a problem for any small rail motorcar in the sim. :bigboss:

#10 User is offline   James Ross 

• Open Rails Developer
  • Simulator:Open Rails

Posted 31 March 2016 - 12:47 AM

View Postatsf37l, on 30 March 2016 - 05:33 PM, said:

While on the subject of my Galloping Geese, version 1.1 has "additional sound triggers added." Apparently one of those triggers is for the compressor sound in diesels. The problem I'm experiencing is that this great big thumping industrial grade diesel engine compressor sound is deafening and overpowering the lil old GMC 6 cylinder engine in the Goose. There is no .wav file present in the sound folder for the goose and no statement in the .sms that would call for this monster to kick in and apparently no way to turn the darn thing off or at least lower the volume as the little belt driven compressor under the hood pumps up the reservoir.

We have no built-in sounds for anything, so any sounds playing must exist in the content somewhere. It may have always be configured in the content but simply not supported by OR, or OR may be triggering the wrong sounds. If you can figure out which sound file it is, you can probably work out what the trigger number is from the .sms file and that will help us determine what the cause likely it.

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users