Elvas Tower: Incorrect functionality of UK Distant and combined Home\Distant semaphore signals - Elvas Tower

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Incorrect functionality of UK Distant and combined Home\Distant semaphore signals Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   dforrest 

• Foreman Of Engines
  • Group: Status: Contributing Member
  • Simulator:MSTS, Open Rails

Posted 12 February 2016 - 06:28 AM

The following are posts from a UK forum:

Also is there a solution to incorrect functionality of UK Distant and combined Home\Distant semaphore signals.

Many instances of this problem in a few UK routes, including Thames - Trent v2, Bala Hub v4.2, S&DJR Line, to name a couple.

In regards the semaphore Distant and Combined sigs.

In the past i have posted bug reports on the OR reporting site.

Posted on Elvas Tower, but i don't think there is much interest in the functionality of UK semaphores.

#2 User is offline   Jovet 

• Open Rails Developer
  • Group: Status: Elite Member
  • Simulator:MSTS/Open Rails

Posted 12 February 2016 - 07:49 PM

There are several small quirks in the signaling framework that need ironed out. I haven't yet taken the time to determine how well and when the dist_multi_sig_mr() function may be mis-behaving in OR, but another thread was just started talking about it, too. I am hoping the things I've already noticed won't be too hard to fix. It isn't just UK absolute block semaphores that use functions like dist_multi_sig_mr(). My American signals make extensive use of it, too.

#3 User is offline   eugenR 

• Conductor
  • Simulator:MSTS

Posted 13 February 2016 - 07:30 AM

View Postjovet, on 12 February 2016 - 07:49 PM, said:

There are several small quirks in the signaling framework that need ironed out. I haven't yet taken the time to determine how well and when the dist_multi_sig_mr() function may be mis-behaving in OR, but another thread was just started talking about it, too. I am hoping the things I've already noticed won't be too hard to fix. It isn't just UK absolute block semaphores that use functions like dist_multi_sig_mr(). My American signals make extensive use of it, too.

As I know, OR follows the same Rules for dist_multi_sig_mr() as they are given in the MSTS-description of "How_to_make_Signal_config_and_Script_files.doc"

But perhaps can you help the charpter 10.15.7 Signalling Function NEXT_NSIG_LR of the OR-Manual
This function is similar to NEXT_SIG_LR, except that it returns the state of the nth signal ahead.

#4 User is offline   Coolhand101 

• Foreman Of Engines
  • Simulator:MSTS

Posted 21 April 2016 - 02:28 PM

Further testing on this matter has been address in this thread - post #15

http://www.elvastowe...ls/page__st__10

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users