Elvas Tower: Pennsylvania Railroad S2 6200 - Elvas Tower

Library Rule

No uploading is allowed here by anyone. That includes screenshots or other images. Any screenshot or image desired in any post must be hotlinked from an image hosting site(Photobucket, etc,) or existing topic in the main discussion forums.
  • 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Pennsylvania Railroad S2 6200 Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   nicolas-s 

• Hostler
  • Group: Status: Active Member
  • Simulator:Openrail

Posted 07 February 2016 - 10:32 AM

http://www.elvastowe...eenshot&id=2260
File Name: Pennsylvania Railroad S2 6200
File Submitter: nicolas-s
File Submitted: 07 Feb 2016
File Category: Steam Locos Std Gauge

Pennsylvania Railroad S2 6200

Model dedicated for Open Rails with extremely High polygonCont.
This model will crash Microsoft Train Simulator. To create consist I use “Convoi”

Original Model and textures by Nicolas Schou. Some masks come from CG Texture.
Modified sms files by Kazareh.

Model built with 3dsmax and exported in.s through Gmax.

This model comes with 2D and 3D cab.

Copy the content of this folder in your Trainset. You needto copy BigBoy sounds from Trainsim.com, and replace original .sms files by theones included in “SOUND_KAZAREH”. Two consists are provide in the “Consits”folder.

Special thanks to Kazareh for his help and his .sms settings.
And a big thanks for all ETcontributors for their comments and their support.

This model is royalty free and is copyrighted. You may useit and edit it as you wish, but you may not distribute it for money, or includeit in any distribution or website without my permission. You may not use thismodel or shape for any other simulator or game. You can contact me via personalmessage at Elvastower’s forum (user name nicolas-s).
Use this model at your own risk. I am not responsible for any damage to yourcomputer or programs. This model is provided as it is, without any warranties.

Feel free to leave mecomments, critics that would improve my work.

Thank you,

Nicolas Schou « nicolas-s »

Click here to download this file

#2 User is offline   cvo2010 

• Foreman Of Engines
  • Group: Status: First Class
  • Simulator:No longer around

Posted 08 February 2016 - 10:34 PM

This is a true work of art :wub: .
Thank you soo much nicolas :).

Regards Claus

http://imageshack.com/a/img921/4336/MsT9D4.png

Additional scenes with the PPR #6200 here: http://railworksamer...=179268#p179226

#3 User is offline   Jovet 

• Open Rails Developer
  • Group: Status: Elite Member
  • Simulator:MSTS/Open Rails

Posted 08 February 2016 - 11:15 PM

View Postnicolas-s, on 07 February 2016 - 10:32 AM, said:

Model dedicated for Open Rails with extremely High polygonCont.
This model will crash Microsoft Train Simulator. To create consist I use “Convoi”
Original Model and textures by Nicolas Schou. Some masks come from CG Texture. Modified sms files by Kazareh. Model built with 3dsmax and exported in.s through Gmax.
Feel free to leave mecomments, critics that would improve my work.

Critics?! Criticism?!? They're gone! My socks are gone!
This is the most amazing model I have ever seen for the MSTS/OR platform. It's also a heck of a beautiful locomotive. You have done an amazing job! We are in your debt just for sharing this with us for free—we truly are.

Alas I have no criticism. I might change my mind after I get up and trip over my jaw, though.

#4 User is offline   erer270 

• Apprentice
  • Group: Status: Dispatcher
  • Simulator:Open Rails

Posted 10 January 2019 - 08:06 PM

Wow, that is one beautiful looking steam engine.

#5 User is offline   Langston82 

• Group: Status: Fired
  • Simulator:MSTS

Posted 03 August 2019 - 03:17 PM

Amazing, Just Amazing :jawdrop2:

A Real Beauty of an engine 8>.

#6 User is offline   _o_OOOO_oo-Kanawha 

• Fireman

Posted 03 August 2019 - 10:10 PM

A pity Nicolas left the US scene.

He was already well underway on his T-1 and planning to do the Q-2 next.

#7 User is offline   Hobo 

• Foreman Of Engines
  • Group: Status: Contributing Member
  • Simulator:OPEN RAILS & MSTS

Posted 04 August 2019 - 05:20 PM

The T1 #5520 is in the beta section in the library . MSTS downloads .

#8 User is offline   Genma Saotome 

• Owner Emeritus and Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: ET Admin
  • Simulator:Open Rails

Posted 27 March 2020 - 09:08 PM

View PostEthanhopper, on 27 March 2020 - 08:19 PM, said:

... can anyone shed some light on the situation or if any of the Eng. sd. etc. can be used to go back into a modeling software? thanks!

Reverse engineering anybodies model has been unacceptable to the community from the start...
too many A-holes making a few tweeks and then claiming the whole model was their work. The issue hasn't come up in a long while in the MSTS community but it is a problem some w/ Trainz people. You'll need to track down Nick and get permission.

#9 User is offline   nicolas-s 

• Hostler
  • Simulator:Openrail

Posted 01 April 2020 - 12:18 AM

View PostGenma Saotome, on 27 March 2020 - 09:08 PM, said:

Reverse engineering anybodies model has been unacceptable to the community from the start...
too many A-holes making a few tweeks and then claiming the whole model was their work. The issue hasn't come up in a long while in the MSTS community but it is a problem some w/ Trainz people. You'll need to track down Nick and get permission.

Goodmorning all,

It is notnecessarily the ideal place, nor the perfect subject to give you some news. But with such requests about my creations, I prefer to write a public answer.

Behind my projects published here, there are many hours of personal work. The modeling of S2 required a hundred hours of work. Maybe more. PRR T1 asked even more. I missed my first attempt and started from scratch a new one.

Beyond the creative 3D work there are hours and hours of documentation research and retro-engineering in order to understand well the design, plans, photos, texts... To make matters worse, remember that I am not a US citizen. I am French and live in Paris. Just to say that the Atlantic Ocean complicates my work a little: I can not consult libraries or archives in an easy way. I have searched and bought quite a few books and magazines… In short, even if my works are distributed free of charge here, it is a very big investment in time and a little financial. Respect that.

All this to say that I will not share my original files. I decided to devote my work toOpen Rail by choice, because I fully love its Open Source philosophy. You want to ride the T1 or S2? it's on Open Rail, and don't expect to see my American or European creations under Trainz or TS. Not that these other simulators are zero, it's just that I don't care.

As for using 3D for video games for 3D printing ... Be serious! Even if there are gateways that allow you to import 3D shapes from one universe to another… The philosophyof designing a 3D shape for a simulator has nothing to do with 3D for an industrial application! Again, be serious!

Finally, I have not given up the development of my American projects. It's just that I like all trains. And my activity is a hobby that obeys only to my pleasure. After the PRR locomotives I continued some projects dedicated to modern European trains. Today is an old French electric locomotive, tomorrow? I don't know... and can't predict it. But one thing is certain one day I will finish my T1with the 3D cab and the Q2 will be done.

Be well,and take care of yourself.

Nicolas

#10 User is offline   mrmosky 

• Engineer
  • Group: Status: Contributing Member
  • Simulator:Openrails

Posted 01 April 2020 - 05:40 AM

Hi Nicolas,

I was not aware of this model before today, and I just downloaded it. It is a fantastic model overall, and I was very interested in the 3d cab, which is what I am mainly modelling these days. You have done a fantastic job on the cab too. I am particularly impressed with the details of the gauges, and I will make me try harder to approach your standard of quality.

I guess that the possibility for mouse control of the loco controls was not available when you made this model, but it is an easy change to the cvf file to enable this, where there is an animation in the .s file. I have done this for the Regulator, and it works well.

I see that you did not put in an animation for the Reverser, so this cannot be mouse controlled.

I also perfectly understand your point of view on sharing your original work. I know how much work it takes to create such a model.

Geoff

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users