Elvas Tower: Pennsylvania Railroad S2 6200 - Elvas Tower

Library Rule

No uploading is allowed here by anyone. That includes screenshots or other images. Any screenshot or image desired in any post must be hotlinked from an image hosting site(Photobucket, etc,) or existing topic in the main discussion forums.
  • 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Pennsylvania Railroad S2 6200 Rate Topic: -----

#11 User is offline   nicolas-s 

• Hostler
  • Group: Status: Active Member
  • Simulator:Openrail

Posted 01 April 2020 - 06:33 AM

Hi Geoff,

Yes, you are absolutely right: this model is equipped with a 3D that and was designed a long time ago. I was faced with a lot of difficulty because it is not an ordinary engine : an experimental locomotive whose driving tools do not look at all to a regular steam locomotive. In that case the S2 did not have a reverser. Only a sort of combine console injector to control steam injection in the two turbines: the big one to run forward and the small one to run backward... It looks like trust control of a jet airplane. Few sources have allowed me to go further in the design of the cabin. To be honest, my main source were only 3 photos… So it is rather basic in terms of functionality as it is difficult to know where and especially how all the elements of the cabin worked with certainty. I was also unable to make workable the PRR cabsingal at that time... So I limited myself to something that I hope to be only immersive, even if sometimes I felt like the first archaeologists in front of the tomb of a pharaoh ...
For the rest and the future, I look forward to the advancement of the T1 trust team with great impatience and curiosity. I am sure that I can benefit from 5550 a lot of knowledge so that I can go further and offer something that I hope is more faithful.
Good luck with your projects,
Regards,

Nicolas

#12 User is offline   _o_OOOO_oo-Kanawha 

• Fireman

Posted 04 April 2020 - 07:05 AM

Good to hear you are still modeling, Nicolas.

#13 User is offline   al225 

• Hostler
  • Simulator:MicroSoft Train Simulator

Posted 12 April 2020 - 11:24 PM

I agree. Stay safe.

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users