• You cannot reply to this topic

X3402 and x3403 Rate Topic: -----

#31 User is offline   Coolhand101 

• Foreman Of Engines
  • Group: Status: Contributing Member
  • Simulator:MSTS

Posted 29 December 2015 - 07:17 AM

View Posteolesen, on 29 December 2015 - 06:30 AM, said:

Is there a defacto standard for FA's and what should show in #5 views?

By default standards, the FA is rendered from the passenger view #5 under MSTS, so this must also be the standard for OR.

There is a least one model mentioned on this thread, that when in the passenger view #5, the FA needs to be present, to show the rest of the interior, ie sides, windows, and roof.

My trainset in MSTS, did not show the FA in the passenger view #5 after adjusting the volume spheres.
This same trainset in OR, did show the FA in the passenger view #5.

Because of this, i mis-understood carlo question regarding the FA and the Passenger view under MSTS and OR.

Thanks

#32 User is offline   Csantucci 

• Member, Board of Directors
  • Group: Status: Elite Member

Posted 29 December 2015 - 10:07 AM

Adding an OR parameter in the .eng file that conditionally does not show the FA in the passenger view is a functional addition, that must before be approved by the OR Management Team. The first step is that someone desiring this creates a blueprint https://blueprints.launchpad.net/or . Work on the feature can then start by someone volunteering if the blueprint gets approved.

#33 User is offline   copperpen 

• Executive Vice President
  • Group: Status: Elite Member
  • Simulator:MSTS & OR

Posted 29 December 2015 - 10:24 AM

View PostCoolhand101, on 29 December 2015 - 07:17 AM, said:

By default standards, the FA is rendered from the passenger view #5 under MSTS, so this must also be the standard for OR.

There is a least one model mentioned on this thread, that when in the passenger view #5, the FA needs to be present, to show the rest of the interior, ie sides, windows, and roof.

My trainset in MSTS, did not show the FA in the passenger view #5 after adjusting the volume spheres.
This same trainset in OR, did show the FA in the passenger view #5.

Because of this, i mis-understood carlo question regarding the FA and the Passenger view under MSTS and OR.

Thanks

The freightanim referred to in the context of the model Coolhand is referring to is not called as a freightanim in the original model. It is called as a passenger view and consists of a complete repeat of the model that is using the passengerview. Coolhand has made a different model for the passenger view, that in MSTS does not show the original version, but OR is showing both as far as I can tell because they are both passengerview.

The other model mentioned in this thread used an FA to make part of the exterior and part of the interior and a passengerview shape completes the interior for the F5 view.

The two models are using shapes in a different way to each other and as designed both work, but the model Coolhand is using does not have a bright interior at night, hence his additional shape which is not working as it does in MSTS

• 4 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users