• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

X3402 and x3403 Rate Topic: -----

#11 User is offline   gpz 

• Superintendant
  • Group: Status: Elite Member
  • Simulator:OpenRails

Posted 26 December 2015 - 01:02 AM

If the cause would not be found eventually, a possible workaround might be to add a flag to OR-specific ``ORTSFreightAnims( FreightAnimStatic() )`` directives to indicate whether it should be shown in passanger view or not. (And another flag for the same behavioral question for cab3D.)

#12 User is offline   Coolhand101 

• Foreman Of Engines
  • Group: Status: Contributing Member
  • Simulator:MSTS

Posted 26 December 2015 - 01:19 AM

View PostCsantucci, on 25 December 2015 - 10:41 PM, said:

When performing the bug fix of x.3395 I explicitly asked wether MSTS did not show FAs while in passenger view, see here
http://www.elvastowe...post__p__194820
and got the answer that the sentence was correct.
Now the car attached in this thread brings the proof that instead MSTS does show FAs while in passenger view.
x.3395 has been reverted with x.3404.
If there is any FA problem with coolhand's trainset, it has another cause.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

It's very strange that no one else failed to mention that F.As are used to render parts of the passenger view. I have never used a trainset with the above coach configuration.

When you ask me that explicit question, i thought you was referring to my trainset and not any trainsets made for MSTS that use a F.A for parts of passenger views. So there was a bit of confusement on both sides.

Is there anyway to make the passenger view and F.A rendering an option ?

Because your fix does work for my trainsets!.

Edit
Just seen your post peter, you beat me to it!

Thanks

#13 User is offline   copperpen 

• Executive Vice President
  • Simulator:MSTS & OR

Posted 26 December 2015 - 03:04 AM

What trainsets are these with dark interiors at night?

#14 User is offline   Coolhand101 

• Foreman Of Engines

Posted 26 December 2015 - 03:50 AM

View Postcopperpen, on 26 December 2015 - 03:04 AM, said:

What trainsets are these with dark interiors at night?

The latest versions of the class 312 EMUs over at UKTS. There is only one entry for the exterior and interior, so setting the texture to half or bright, will result with the exterior shell of the coach, alight at night.

I do a lot of night driving, so i made an F.A interior, which was set to bright. But the interior quality was unsuited for a dedicated passenger view, so i added a detailed one and thats when i notice my problem with the FA and the passenger view texture, both showing in the #5 view.

Thanks

#15 User is offline   copperpen 

Posted 26 December 2015 - 05:51 AM

I have just tried with one coach of the 312738 made in 2012. I have tested with half bright and bright and do not have the exterior bodyshell lit at night. It does however show some modelling problems with parts of the interior being below the underframe and some joints not quite tight enough.

#16 User is offline   Coolhand101 

• Foreman Of Engines

Posted 26 December 2015 - 06:03 AM

View Postcopperpen, on 26 December 2015 - 05:51 AM, said:

I have just tried with one coach of the 312738 made in 2012. I have tested with half bright and bright and do not have the exterior bodyshell lit at night. It does however show some modelling problems with parts of the interior being below the underframe and some joints not quite tight enough.

Your talking about the MBSO coach( coach with pantograph ) that can be doubled as a Passenger view. The coach will only light a 1/3 of the coach which has slightly extra detail for the #5 view.

The rest of the coaches do not have the option to change the interior textures to bright. Believe me, i tested this out in detail before i made my interior F.A a few years ago.

Thanks

#17 User is offline   copperpen 

Posted 26 December 2015 - 07:28 AM

Yes. I see now. Not a very well made model when all is said and done, fit for daylight running only. However, as the model never carried an FA in the beginning, your problem is not the same as the one that the fix caused with the PRR coaches. As I see things, your FA cannot replace a fixed interior and also provide night lighting unless it is a copy of the interior and placed correctly. If those criteria are met then there should be no need for a fix.

#18 User is offline   Coolhand101 

• Foreman Of Engines

Posted 26 December 2015 - 09:37 AM

View Postcopperpen, on 26 December 2015 - 07:28 AM, said:

As I see things, your FA cannot replace a fixed interior and also provide night lighting unless it is a copy of the interior and placed correctly. If those criteria are met then there should be no need for a fix.

Okay, i did explain this in earlier post.

The interior is alpha out, so the main coach is just a shell with one sided faces for the exterior, the interior faces are invisible. The interior is reversed, ie invisible external faces but visible internal faces.

As a freight animation, this works 100%, meaning at night, the interior is lit, no fix is needed.

Now the problem is not the FA showing from the trainset but from the passenger views that i made for this trainset. It is a different shape file for the passenger view with more details.
It's this view (#5), im seeing the normal passenger view interior as well at the freight animation interior. Hence i wanted this fix in the first place.

Using 2048x textures, and using black mask for the joins( for night ), i have made an old trainset look like a new model.
I doubt that we would never see a newer model of this trainset for MSTS and that thought gave me the idea of upgrading the original, with the methods i've just mentioned.

Because i could not see the F.A from the passenger views in MSTS after carefully adjusting the volume spheres in the FA shape file, i expect the same in OR.
MSTS had a cutoff point but OR will rendered the F.A more precisely, so adjusting the Volume spheres even smaller will cause the F.A not to be rendered from the exterior.

I'm really hoping a flag could be implemented, so you have the option of the F.A being rendered or not rendered in the passenger view.
This would really help my problem with my mentioned updated trainsets.

Thanks

#19 User is offline   copperpen 

Posted 26 December 2015 - 10:56 AM

So what you are actually looking for is a method to remove the complete original model and substitute your FA when in passenger view. I think the default OE bar car does this as it already has an interior built in, but uses a separate file for the passengerview that includes an interior and both are lit at night as well. The problem with the OE one is that one end is open and that leaves the rear open to the next carriage, rather odd, unless the rotation is restricted.

#20 User is offline   Coolhand101 

• Foreman Of Engines

Posted 26 December 2015 - 11:34 AM

View Postcopperpen, on 26 December 2015 - 10:56 AM, said:

So what you are actually looking for is a method to remove the complete original model and substitute your FA when in passenger view. I think the default OE bar car does this as it already has an interior built in, but uses a separate file for the passengerview that includes an interior and both are lit at night as well. The problem with the OE one is that one end is open and that leaves the rear open to the next carriage, rather odd, unless the rotation is restricted.

The original model shape uses just the exterior ie outer body, wheels, bogies.

The F.A use the orignal model shape and textures just for the interior ie seats bulkheads etc.

The F.A interior is really low quality and unsuitable for the passgenger view.

The passenger view has a completely different shape file from the origial model.

So in the engine file, we have :-

WagonShape ( BR_NSE_312_DTCOL_COLC.s ) - outer body, wheels etc

FreightAnim ( 312_DTCOL_FA_COLC.s 1 1 1 ) seats, inner sides and bulk heads.

Inside (
PassengerCabinFile ( 312_pass_1st.s )
PassengerCabinHeadPos ( -1.05 2.45 3.63 )
RotationLimit ( 60 160 0 )
StartDirection ( 0 0 0 )
)

So the coach has three different shapes. Now the fix had been reverted, the F.A and passenger view are again, superimposing on one another in the pass #5 view.

I will wait and see if a option can be added to the freight animation entrys to render the F.A to be shown or not in the pass#5 view. Default should be rendered as to avoid the problem with other trainsets using part of the F.A for the passenger view.

Thanks

• 4 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users