• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Jumping Stock Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   dforrest 

• Foreman Of Engines
  • Group: Status: Contributing Member
  • Simulator:MSTS, Open Rails

Posted 14 October 2015 - 07:33 AM

I am having unbelievable problems on an activity running on a UK route.

The player loco, which has connected to an AI loco, has jumped about a mile from one side of a station to another and continues to be able to be driven.

A consist that has been dropped at the station by the player loco has jumped from one station platform to another.

#2 User is offline   vince 

• Superintendant
  • Group: Status: Elite Member
  • Simulator:ORTS_Running MSTS_Editing

Posted 14 October 2015 - 09:15 AM

Hi Dave
Had that happen during the nec4 build . . . It turned out to be a corrupted Track Database.
Also badly coded engine files have caused this.

I was playing around with the default Dash-9 and dropped a decimal somewhere in the engine file causing the engine to 'jump' from Whitefish to Conkelly when attempting to couple up to a train. May have been front coupler as this was pre-Bin time when front couplers acted 'strangely'.
Using some default stock would be helpful as the default did not have problems like this. (unless caused by me):pleasantry:

More; In the Activity editor (***maybe Trackviewer will do) take a close look at the area where the problem happens;
As the AE track map is a direct visual representation of the Track Database any corruption will shoe as scrambled map lines.
*** I tried it and TrackViewer does show the corruption (used PRR East to test) but not at the detail the AE track map does.

And last:
Have the routes Database Files been checked by running the Route_Riter TSUtils [ICHK] test?
Until you 'know' by running the suggested test that you have a stable bug free routes database files you're just flaying about in the dark guessing where the trouble may be.

regards,
vince

#3 User is offline   dforrest 

• Foreman Of Engines
  • Group: Status: Contributing Member
  • Simulator:MSTS, Open Rails

Posted 14 October 2015 - 10:32 AM

I have run the activity again from a save and have not seen the problems I saw yesterday night. It may be that I was confused by ORTS's automatic repositioning of the front of train camera on a reversal of direction ....................!!

Vince, the TSUtils [ICHK] test gave many errors.

#4 User is offline   vince 

• Superintendant
  • Group: Status: Elite Member
  • Simulator:ORTS_Running MSTS_Editing

Posted 14 October 2015 - 11:26 AM

dforrest, on 14 October 2015 - 10:32 AM, said:

I have run the activity again from a save and have not seen the problems I saw yesterday night. It may be that I was confused by ORTS's automatic repositioning of the front of train camera on a reversal of direction ....................!!
Vince, the TSUtils [ICHK] test gave many errors.

Hi Dave,
Yes, it will take you a while to get used to it as it seems OR handles the camera differently. (which i like)
Printing out the OR Manual and reading it at leisure is how I found out about all the mysterious inner workings of OR.

errors;
Some are not 'errors'. A list of missing trackshapes and roadshapes for instance; Those errors mean the shapes exist in the Global\TSection.dat but are not installed . . . because they are not needed! Dual Gauge for instance. Actual missing track/roads would crash the Sim.
but !!
Any errors in the Track or Road Database files should be considered serious.

btw, did anything show up on looking at the problem area in the Activity Editor map?

vince

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users