• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

EMD F-units in Train Simulators Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   ED_4 

• Vice President
  • Group: Status: First Class
  • Simulator:MSTS or Open Rails

Posted 02 October 2015 - 10:29 PM

I've put up a topic similar to this for the rail-fan videos. Now its for this side for stuff I found on YouTube with similar content for those that did recordings of scenarios with EMD's F-unit pulled trains.

These first two are from the newer Train Simulator 2013 and 2015 (consecutively).

First one is from Garfieldj83. Pulling the Great Northern Empire Builder train over Marias Pass. The recording is 1 hour 12 minutes. (This guy knows his horn blowing done just right like us veteran virtual train engineers using two long, one short, one long blasts horn signal - there are many I saw out there that record these things and don't do that).

Next one is from MisterRedBlueBlur. Pulling a Union Pacific passenger train over Cajon Pass. This scenario recording is just around 40 minutes.

#2 User is offline   ED_4 

• Vice President
  • Group: Status: First Class
  • Simulator:MSTS or Open Rails

Posted 21 October 2015 - 04:34 PM

I tried looking for someone that uploaded a freight pulling F7 scenario, instead of just passengers. But none have one that has no commentaries thus far. So I'll just put one up from Squirrel. I know he is more of an amateur train driver, but it's better than nothing so far. :sweatingbullets: At least he don't show train crashes like many tend to do, and he does tend to drive the train more seriously than those that like to make them crash against each other. The route he's showing is the Pennsylvania's Horseshoe Curve route, and thus he'd be pulling a train in Pennsylvania Railroad colors. He's definitely very new on seeing "American" trains since he thinks the trains he sees in there are "really long" (compared to where he's used to seeing them in the UK). He apparently hasn't done a lot of railfan video viewing or he'd know there are far longer trains in America. And if he even dared look for that world record breaker that's from the Australian territory, he'd also see there are far longer trains elsewhere too.

Anyway, on to his video which is around 54 minutes long using Train Simulator 2014.

Ok, I found another one, this one is from gonebaddog123. He does talk a bit but at least not as much as Squirrel with his video above. So this is with a Great Northern manifest train over the Stevens Pass route. So there will be some pretty scenery in here. The simulator used is Train Simulator 2015.

The length of this recorded scenario is shown to be 1 hour and 30 minutes long. If anything, it's a good way to listen to the diesel engine that's not just idling. :derisive:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users