Elvas Tower: ORTS sound triggers, variables - Elvas Tower

• 9 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

ORTS sound triggers, variables and the future of OR sound management. Rate Topic: -----

#81 User is offline   Jovet 

• Open Rails Developer
  • Group: Status: Elite Member
  • Simulator:MSTS/Open Rails

Posted 05 July 2016 - 05:35 PM

View PostHamza97, on 04 July 2016 - 08:00 PM, said:

Only the end & junction nodes would require separate sound triggers, as there is no distinct track sound at a LC, or that i have not heard it...

There most definitely is a sound! But its exact manifestation depends on the angle of the crossing and the speed of the train.
Here's an example.

#82 User is offline   SP 0-6-0 

• Foreman Of Engines
  • Group: Status: Contributing Member
  • Simulator:MSTS/ORTS

Posted 05 July 2016 - 07:22 PM

I think LC would refer to road crossing. The diamond sounds I released at TS.com are similar to the ones in the video.

Robert

#83 User is offline   Jovet 

• Open Rails Developer
  • Group: Status: Elite Member
  • Simulator:MSTS/Open Rails

Posted 06 July 2016 - 08:20 PM

View PostSP 0-6-0, on 05 July 2016 - 07:22 PM, said:

I think LC would refer to road crossing. The diamond sounds I released at TS.com are similar to the ones in the video.

The term level crossing is generic and can apply to any intersection at grade. The term is not all that common in the US, but it is in the rest of the world. Context is usually necessary to understand what mode is crossing what other mode.
(Since the topic was TDB nodes I thought it was obvious we were talking about railroad line level crossings.)

Since you mentioned it, a automobile train level crossing trigger sound would be good too. But it might have to be assigned uniquely to each specific carspawner vehicle. Hmmmm...

#84 User is offline   Hamza97 

• Engineer
  • Simulator:Open Rails

Posted 06 July 2016 - 08:44 PM

I was talking in context of road crossing, surely diamond crossings does have sounds and i have listened to it.... :)

#85 User is offline   SP 0-6-0 

• Foreman Of Engines
  • Simulator:MSTS/ORTS

Posted 06 July 2016 - 09:52 PM

Well surely some kind of non discript generic sound byte could be done up for those road crossing pads whether they be concrete or wood boards. Just some kind of quick thump or clunk or some such noise.

Robert

#86 User is offline   Traindude 

• Engineer
  • Simulator:Open Rails

Posted 07 July 2016 - 11:32 AM

Just throwing out an idea--I'd been thinking about the possibility of a "quilling" or "playable" whistle/horn feature to OR. To accomplish this we'd need a whistle/horn control parameter that is variable (0-100%) rather than two-state (though the quilling whistle/horn does not necessarily fully replace the standard two-state whistle horn, just like many latter-day American steam engines had a whistle controlled by both a "playable" lanyard and a pneumatic cylinder actuated by a 3-way on-off valve).

As far as the SMS files and sound triggers go, we need to introduce a new variable that determines how "far down" the "lanyard" is "pulled." My initial solution was to make the quilling whistle/horn quad-state (Off-33%-66%-100%) with 3 separate sound files for each state, ut as I thought about it, it might be better to use one sound file and have the whistle/horn "intensity" modulated by frequency and volume curves.

I'm still thinking about the controls, though. I know that using a mouse in cab view the quilling whistle/horn could be controlled by clicking & dragging the quilling whistle control in the cabview, and also outside of cabview by using a game controller equipped with an analog joystick (the further the stick is moved from center of motion, the higher the whistle "intensity"), but as for keyboard control I am not sure, especially if an engine is equipped with both a standard and quilling whistle/horn.

Any further thoughts?

#87 User is offline   raster 

• Apprentice
  • Group: Status: Inactive
  • Simulator:MSTS

Posted 05 January 2017 - 04:13 AM

Hello,
is possible to add a new types of variable triggers such as VariableX_Equals_To ..., which will be fired only when e.g. Variable1 = 50%? Inc_Past and Dec_Past combinations not always works properly, this should be a nice feature.
Greets.

• 9 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users