Elvas Tower: What about loading coal in a coal train? - Elvas Tower

Posting Rules

All new threads will be started by members of the Open Rails team, Staff, and/or Admins. Existing threads started in other forums may get moved here when it makes sense to do so.

Once a thread is started any member may post replies to it.
  • 13 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

What about loading coal in a coal train? Rate Topic: -----

#101 User is offline   Coolhand101 

• Foreman Of Engines
  • Group: Status: Contributing Member
  • Simulator:MSTS

Posted 22 June 2016 - 04:46 PM

Carlo
Was the Variable Mass for friction and brake force implemented for empty and full F.A wagon loads?

#102 User is offline   Csantucci 

• Member, Board of Directors
  • Group: Status: Elite Member

Posted 22 June 2016 - 10:52 PM

No, the variable mass only influences the total weight (and therefore the forces needed to accelerate and decelerate the wagon).

#103 User is offline   Coolhand101 

• Foreman Of Engines

Posted 23 June 2016 - 06:03 AM

View PostCsantucci, on 22 June 2016 - 10:52 PM, said:

No, the variable mass only influences the total weight (and therefore the forces needed to accelerate and decelerate the wagon).

Okay. I saw this thread
http://www.elvastowe...-variable-mass/

Which seems a good ideal for different brake force and friction.

Thanks

#104 User is offline   SP 0-6-0 

• Foreman Of Engines
  • Simulator:MSTS/ORTS

Posted 18 January 2017 - 09:30 PM

RTrainsim unloading cars. My link

Somewhat smoother pooring out of the cars content compared the rotary coal dumper video.

This is a Russian replacement for MSTS similar to our ORTS developements.

Robert

#105 User is offline   Coolhand101 

• Foreman Of Engines

Posted 06 July 2017 - 12:34 PM

Carlo

I'm back testing my coal trains. Some things i have notice.

'Coal_fuel' refill rate can now be adjusted by the pick up parameters in RE or manually via the world file. However 'Coal_freight' refill rate cannot be adjusted.

If "UnloadingStartDelay" ( * ) is set to 1 in the ORTSFreightAnims section, you can press the T key just once when the wagon is over the pickup and the coal will automatically unload from 100% to 0%. The only downside is the CTtower.sms will not play the required sound. The OR sound debug interface proves this. Pressing the T key longer will play the required sound, but the T key needs to be kept pressed for the coal to be fully unloaded.

When loading coal, you have to keep the T key pressed but coal loads much quicker thanks to the adjustment of the refill rate. For sand/cement wagons, i would imagined these take longer to load and ideally, pressing the T key only once.

Is the "LoadingStartDelay ( * ) implemented ? I saw this somewhere on the OR projects page?

And lastly, i came across this page My link.

Could be helpful in future pickup improvements. The 'proximity animation and activated effects' caught my eye for maybe automatic loading/unloading of wagons.

Thanks again for this wonderful feature!

#106 User is offline   QJ-6811 

• Conductor
  • Group: Status: Active Member
  • Simulator:MSTS / Open Rails

Posted 06 July 2017 - 10:35 PM

In my opinion, "LoadingStartDelay (*) implemented" is important.
At a coal bunker (loading or unloading) you can immediately start with 'T' I have a number of pickup places using a crane or a shovel. This delay causes the animation to play first, afterwards load or unload.

Actually, there should be another parameter "UnLoadingStartDelay (*)"..........

For the rest everything works well (coal, gravel, sand, etc.), but indeed, the set "unload and loading time" is fixed and not adjustable as you indicate it in the pickup object.

BTW, if you use "0 - 15Mph" in your object en use Shift-T, then also it will unload from 100% till 0%.

#107 User is offline   Coolhand101 

• Foreman Of Engines

Posted 07 July 2017 - 01:04 AM

View PostQJ-6811, on 06 July 2017 - 10:35 PM, said:

In my opinion, "LoadingStartDelay (*) implemented" is important.
At a coal bunker (loading or unloading) you can immediately start with 'T' I have a number of pickup places using a crane or a shovel. This delay causes the animation to play first, afterwards load or unload.

Actually, there should be another parameter "UnLoadingStartDelay (*)"..........

For the rest everything works well (coal, gravel, sand, etc.), but indeed, the set "unload and loading time" is fixed and not adjustable as you indicate it in the pickup object.

BTW, if you use "0 - 15Mph" in your object en use Shift-T, then also it will unload from 100% till 0%.

Some more testing.

The LoadingStartDelay (*) is implemented, however it performs the same as UnLoadingStartDelay (*) when unloading coal. When loading coal, none of these work and the coal loads as soon as you press the T key.

When testing for coal, only the unloading time is fixed. For loading, the fill rate is adjustable via RE or World file.

My pickup points speed range is -1.1 to 1.1 mph. The Shift+T key appears to stop the coal being unloaded. I will need to double check this again.

Also, the sound of the animation not playing. It appears the sound is only played when the T key is kept depressed. The discrete trigger 9 and 10 is for the T key and not for when the animation starts loading or unloading. Unsure if anything can be done about this?

Thanks

#108 User is offline   QJ-6811 

• Conductor
  • Group: Status: Active Member
  • Simulator:MSTS / Open Rails

Posted 07 July 2017 - 02:54 AM

Indeed, my correction, unloadstartdelay works, not at loading.

Regarding fill-rate, I had/found no difference at the time, or this has now changed to higher release. Have to try this out.
Thank you for the tip that you can fill in the speed as -x to x. (Instead of 0 to x). Then it works in both directions.......

The shift-T is of course for MSTS. However, at that time I use often an unloaded point (coal for power station) that I used with the T (and I thought + shift?) to unload the wagons from 100% to 0%. But you're right, just tested in the current release and it does not work (anymore).

But honestly, I do not mind to keep T hold on, it feels like a (un)load operator ...

#109 User is offline   Coolhand101 

• Foreman Of Engines

Posted 07 July 2017 - 03:54 AM

View PostQJ-6811, on 07 July 2017 - 02:54 AM, said:

Regarding fill-rate, I had/found no difference at the time, or this has now changed to higher release. Have to try this out.

I remember one of the OR developers implementing the fill rate to be adjustable for diesel/water. Guess this works only on pick ups with a positive fill rate?

But honestly, I do not mind to keep T hold on, it feels like a (un)load operator ...

You are correct. Not sure how long it takes for 32 tons of coal to fill a HAA wagon by a automatic loading machine, but i have set this to 15 seconds. Not to long pressing the T key plus you can hear sound trigger 9 playing.

Cement must take longer to load?

Thanks

#110 User is offline   Coolhand101 

• Foreman Of Engines

Posted 07 July 2017 - 07:41 AM

I thought i try an experiment.

I have an opencast coal siding which the diggers place the coal on the first 10 empty wagons. On this siding, i added 10 'fuel_coal' pickup items, one each for the wagons. OR does not load the coal all at once, however, when the first coal wagon is loaded, you only have to nudge the train a tiny bit and OR will load the closest wagon to a pickup. This means the wagons will not be loaded in order and appears random.

Thanks

• 13 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users