• You cannot reply to this topic

Load Error tests ok Version 3220 Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   Genma Saotome 

• Owner Emeritus and Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: ET Admin
  • Simulator:Open Rails

Posted 18 August 2015 - 04:54 PM

I've been editing an .eng file and then testing -- many times over -- and am now seeing a Load Error message in the main menu, along with <missing unknown> in all of the fields positioned right below Activity. Fair enough... but when I go over to the testing window and specify that activity for testing it loads properly and the test summary says everything is fine. I have not edited any of the activity or consist files.

I've closed and restarted the main window and yet the same odd conditions apply.

Is there anything I can do to clear this anomaly on my own?

#2 User is offline   ATW 

• Engineer
  • Group: Status: Contributing Member
  • Simulator:MSTS Open Rails

Posted 18 August 2015 - 09:47 PM

Have you added new ORTS parameters where it can be a character related thing such as extra brackets "( or )" at the end?

#3 User is offline   Genma Saotome 

Posted 19 August 2015 - 08:54 AM

View PostATW, on 18 August 2015 - 09:47 PM, said:

Have you added new ORTS parameters where it can be a character related thing such as extra brackets "( or )" at the end?

No, but the edits have been extensive and such an error did occur -- and was corrected. The problem is the Test function has no problem running the activity but the game itself won't.

I've also found the same problem in a different directory tree, different route, different locomotive. In the later case it was a type... an include referenced a filename using a 1 instead of a 4. The typo was corrected, the file is there, but the game continues to report a problem as cannot locate a filename with a 1 in it.

#4 User is offline   Genma Saotome 

Posted 22 August 2015 - 05:55 PM

The error message: Could not find file 'E:\Bin\Open Rails - US West 1930-1952\trains\trainset\Common_Model_StdsALCO_S2_Stds_Allen_Norton_ModelS2_Locomotive_Specs.inc'.

The .eng file: Include ( "..\\Common_Model_Stds\ALCO_S2_Stds_Allen_Norton_Model\S2_Locomotive_Specs.inc" )

I don't see anything wrong as the file exists as named and located. Is the full path longer than OR expects?

#5 User is offline   cr-stagg 

• Foreman Of Engines
  • Group: Status: Contributing Member
  • Simulator:OR

Posted 22 August 2015 - 06:23 PM

View PostGenma Saotome, on 22 August 2015 - 05:55 PM, said:

The error message: Could not find file 'E:\Bin\Open Rails - US West 1930-1952\trains\trainset\Common_Model_StdsALCO_S2_Stds_Allen_Norton_ModelS2_Locomotive_Specs.inc'.

The .eng file: Include ( "..\\Common_Model_Stds\ALCO_S2_Stds_Allen_Norton_Model\S2_Locomotive_Specs.inc" )

I don't see anything wrong as the file exists as named and located. Is the full path longer than OR expects?

MSTS chokes on more than 30 characters. ALCO_S2_Stds_Allen_Norton_Model is 31 characters.

Actually MSTS truncates so ALCO_S2_Stds_Allen_Norton_Model becomes ALCO_S2_Stds_Allen_Norton_Mode in MSTS.

#6 User is offline   Genma Saotome 

Posted 22 August 2015 - 08:20 PM

View Postcr-stagg, on 22 August 2015 - 06:23 PM, said:

MSTS chokes on more than 30 characters. ALCO_S2_Stds_Allen_Norton_Model is 31 characters.

Ok. But this is for Open Rails only. Has it got a similar limit? Also, the problem seems to be with dropping the \ between directories.

#7 User is offline   sim-al2 

• Hostler
  • Group: Status: Active Member

Posted 22 August 2015 - 08:27 PM

I see a problem:

"..\\Common_Model_Stds\ALCO_S2_Stds_Allen_Norton_Model\S2_Locomotive_Specs.inc"

Notice how there's two backslashes at the beginning but only one for all the others? I just fixed a sound config today that I made a similar error in some years ago. Your line should read either:

"..\Common_Model_Stds\ALCO_S2_Stds_Allen_Norton_Model\S2_Locomotive_Specs.inc"

or

"..\\Common_Model_Stds\\ALCO_S2_Stds_Allen_Norton_Model\\S2_Locomotive_Specs.inc"

#8 User is online   James Ross 

• Open Rails Developer
  • Group: Status: Elite Member

Posted 23 August 2015 - 06:02 AM

View PostGenma Saotome, on 22 August 2015 - 05:55 PM, said:

You've only doubled-up one of the three backslashes; if you double up the other two, it should work.

#9 User is offline   Genma Saotome 

Posted 23 August 2015 - 09:47 AM

View PostJames Ross, on 23 August 2015 - 06:02 AM, said:

You've only doubled-up one of the three backslashes; if you double up the other two, it should work.

I tried that and nothing changed. I also tried single \ everywhere as well as removing the leading and trailing quotes. In all cases the constructed path as shown in the error data had the leading pair of .. characters present and after that no \ anywhere.

I expect it is a simple error to correct... I'm just not seeing what it is. Oh, wait... this is the first time I'm using an include statement that describes two directories within the statement. Could that be what's causing this?

Do you want a copy of the files?

#10 User is online   James Ross 

• Open Rails Developer
  • Group: Status: Elite Member

Posted 23 August 2015 - 02:07 PM

View PostGenma Saotome, on 23 August 2015 - 09:47 AM, said:

I tried that and nothing changed. I also tried single \ everywhere as well as removing the leading and trailing quotes. In all cases the constructed path as shown in the error data had the leading pair of .. characters present and after that no \ anywhere.

I expect it is a simple error to correct... I'm just not seeing what it is. Oh, wait... this is the first time I'm using an include statement that describes two directories within the statement. Could that be what's causing this?

Do you want a copy of the files?

It should definitely be double backslashes, and the error exactly matches up to the version you quoted. Certain the file you're editing is the one OR is reading? Nothing else matches up with the error given and the alternate forms you mention should not be producing the same thing. It's very unlikely to be anything to do with the number of directories in the include (if it is, it's probably a general parsing problem and not specific to include).

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users