• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

icrr_sd70.zip Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   Driver 

• Fireman
  • Group: Status: Active Member
  • Simulator:MSTS

Posted 30 July 2015 - 03:01 PM

Just got around to installing these sd70s. Everything went fine. In conbuilder and msts they show up as the ic locos. But in openrails they all appear as the original sli ns loco. I dont have an internet connection so am unable to post screens. But if someone would be willing to see if they might notice the same issue i would appreciate it. I am using x3186. I know....not too recent. Out travelling and i got rid of my inoperable sprint hotspot so no internet until a get home in a few weeks. If anyone can take a look....thanks in advance.

#2 User is offline   R H Steele 

• Executive Vice President
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: ET Admin
  • Simulator:Open Rails

Posted 30 July 2015 - 03:40 PM

Offhand, it sounds like something went amiss with the required shape file and matching freight animation shape file renaming operation.
Check to make sure you made 10 copies of NS_SD70_2579.s and NS_SD70_2579FA.s and renamed each copy to match the new IC_SD70 file.
Once that is done, open each correctly renamed shape file and make sure they are listing the right ace files in that engine folder.... found under the images section in the shape file.

Edit: i just remembered, check to make sure in OR under Options>Experimental Tab that the "Load DDS textures in preference to ACE" is checked.

#3 User is offline   Driver 

• Fireman

Posted 30 July 2015 - 06:08 PM

R H Steele, on 30 July 2015 - 03:40 PM, said:

Offhand, it sounds like something went amiss with the required shape file and matching freight animation shape file renaming operation.
Check to make sure you made 10 copies of NS_SD70_2579.s and NS_SD70_2579FA.s and renamed each copy to match the new IC_SD70 file.
Once that is done, open each correctly renamed shape file and make sure they are listing the right ace files in that engine folder.... found under the images section in the shape file.

Edit: i just remembered, check to make sure in OR under Options>Experimental Tab that the "Load DDS textures in preference to ACE" is checked.

Yep dds is checked. And as i said all the locks appear as the ic locos in msts and conbuilder. But when I View them in OR they revert back to the original ns engine. I followed the installation to the t.....and they work. But out of the thousands of locos i have, these are the first to display this particular issue in OR.

#4 User is offline   R H Steele 

Posted 30 July 2015 - 08:05 PM

I unchecked the "Load DDS textures in preference to ACE" and they appear just fine in OR? I think something is wrong with the DDS files...maybe, beyond my experience level. Perhaps someone will post something. This is strange. Attaching the evidence. I made a consist of all the engines included in the set.
DDS option checked they show up as NS (all the same number)
DDS option unchecked they appear as advertised.

Does anyone know what needs to be done to fix this?

Attached thumbnail(s)

• Attached Image: bandicam 2015-07-30 20-52-17-789.jpg
  • Attached Image: bandicam 2015-07-30 20-53-49-186.jpg
  • Attached Image: bandicam 2015-07-30 20-57-54-222.jpg
  • Attached Image: bandicam 2015-07-30 21-00-05-926.jpg
  • Attached Image: bandicam 2015-07-30 21-00-23-109.jpg
  • Attached Image: bandicam 2015-07-30 20-52-01-959.jpg

#5 User is offline   Driver 

• Fireman

Posted 30 July 2015 - 09:28 PM

yep i uncheck the dds option and it appears as ic locos.

I will venture into a troubleshoot. Mind you i am not a modeler. But i think for those people that are, if you are going to repaint a dds model, is it possible that a non dds fa is not compatible with a dds loco within OR? Does the fa need to have dds textures also?

#6 User is offline   copperpen 

• Group: Status: Elite Member
  • Simulator:MSTS & OR

Posted 31 July 2015 - 03:22 AM

There is nothing wrong with the dds files. Those are the original NS ones. The IC set are ordinary ace files.

#7 User is offline   R H Steele 

Posted 31 July 2015 - 07:11 AM

copperpen, on 31 July 2015 - 03:22 AM, said:

There is nothing wrong with the dds files. Those are the original NS ones. The IC set are ordinary ace files.

Attached thumbnail(s)

• Attached Image: DOH.jpg

#8 User is offline   Driver 

• Fireman

Posted 31 July 2015 - 08:01 PM

I know there is nothing wrong with the files. But if you check use dds option these quit appearing as the ic and revert back to the ns original loco. jot the ic repaint.

#9 User is offline   copperpen 

• Group: Status: Elite Member
  • Simulator:MSTS & OR

Posted 01 August 2015 - 12:14 AM

Driver, on 31 July 2015 - 08:01 PM, said:

I know there is nothing wrong with the files. But if you check use dds option these quit appearing as the ic and revert back to the ns original loco. jot the ic repaint.

That is because the person who did the reskins did them as ace files. You cannot use these with the DDS option checked and expect to see the IC locos unless you delete the dds files from the folders.

#10 User is offline   Driver 

• Fireman

Posted 04 August 2015 - 05:28 PM

I think the repainters should start considing dds repaints on dds models. I dont really want to have to remove purchased dds files to compensate for a repaint of a dds loco because the repaint wasnt done in dds. I think it should be something to consider since it seems the dds textures seem to be gaining ground within OR

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users