• You cannot reply to this topic

Female hiker hazard. Rate Topic: -----

#21 User is offline   edwardk 

• Open Rails Developer
  • Group: Status: Elite Member
  • Simulator:MSTS

Posted 08 August 2015 - 12:56 AM

View PostBernie, on 07 August 2015 - 07:15 PM, said:

Interesting; the fact that the ability to run away is listed as "scarper" suggests a British or "Colonial" programmer working at KUJU. Funny that a piece of code could tell you about the programmer who wrote it!

I would not have thought to look up the meaning of the word until this post. So its the flee key :)

Edward K.

#22 User is offline   Lutz_s 

• Fireman
  • Group: Status: Active Member

Posted 08 August 2015 - 01:42 AM

Hi edwardk,

I ran some tests myself and you are right, the filename is irrelevant. But did you find out, which line in the hazard-file lets the msts-editor choose if it is an animal hazard or a human hazard? I think it's the line "workers ( workman.s )" but that maybe false too.

Lutz

#23 User is offline   James Ross 

• Open Rails Developer
  • Simulator:Open Rails

Posted 08 August 2015 - 02:39 AM

View PostBernie, on 07 August 2015 - 07:15 PM, said:

Interesting; the fact that the ability to run away is listed as "scarper" suggests a British or "Colonial" programmer working at KUJU. Funny that a piece of code could tell you about the programmer who wrote it!

Don't forget that Kuju was a UK game studio and there are a lot of UK-isms in the MSTS data files including spellings like "colour". :)

#24 User is offline   edwardk 

• Open Rails Developer

Posted 08 August 2015 - 02:57 PM

View PostLutz_s, on 08 August 2015 - 01:42 AM, said:

Hi edwardk,

I ran some tests myself and you are right, the filename is irrelevant. But did you find out, which line in the hazard-file lets the msts-editor choose if it is an animal hazard or a human hazard? I think it's the line "workers ( workman.s )" but that maybe false too.

Lutz

Its possible the Workers line is the key that distinguishes between animal and person. Personally, there should be no distinction between animal and person, but animated and non-animated. The worker line with the worker shape file is there to use when the train is in a restricted zone. I never tested this yet in MSTS and at this point I have not even looked into implementing this.

#25 User is offline   edwardk 

• Open Rails Developer

Posted 09 August 2015 - 08:15 PM

An important question for anybody to answer. Duplicating how MSTS works is one thing, but what about MP and time table operation which is only used in OR? I never ran both so I have no idea if hazzard objets are currently used or if not, should they be used?

Edward K.

#26 User is offline   James Ross 

• Open Rails Developer
  • Simulator:Open Rails

Posted 10 August 2015 - 01:06 AM

View Postedwardk, on 09 August 2015 - 08:15 PM, said:

An important question for anybody to answer. Duplicating how MSTS works is one thing, but what about MP and time table operation which is only used in OR? I never ran both so I have no idea if hazzard objets are currently used or if not, should they be used?

I'd guess, they should exist and be synchronised over the network but we don't do that for road traffic (at all or correctly IIRC) so maybe it's okay for them to be entirely local for now. Timetable mode should "just work" as there's nothing different about it from a scenery perspective.

• 3 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users