• You cannot reply to this topic

About the gearbox diesel locomotives Rate Topic: -----

#41 User is offline   disc 

• Foreman Of Engines
  • Group: Private - Open Rails Developer
  • Simulator:OpenRails

Posted 10 September 2015 - 01:44 AM

View PostCoolhand101, on 09 September 2015 - 07:41 PM, said:

Does this happen on your modified kiha DMU ?

When the rpm does settle in 1st gear, the tractive effort is "jerking" until 2nd gear is selected.
It appears that high rpm change rate , and this parameter "GearBoxDownGearProportion" affects this. At 1.0 the gears won't settle until almost max gear speed, under 0.25, the gear settle down quicker but the T.E jerks in 1st gear.

Thanks

Yes. I've modified it to 4 gears, so in first gear the RPM rises to which is set with throttle (100% throttle nearly to 800 rpm, 60% throttle 560 rpm), then around 10 km/h the rpm falls to ~450 rpm, which is synced with speed.

However i saw that many DMU-s in msts are set to have a first gear with 3 mph max speed, which is too low, and makes the automatic transmission continously switch between 1st and 2nd.

BTW what is currently in openrails as "manual" is actually "semiautomatic", in source code these two are the same. Just as in MSTS. Fully manual gearbox is not implemented in code, but there are traces of it, so the developer of the gearbox simulation wanted to do it, just he is inactive since a year.

#42 User is offline   Coolhand101 

• Foreman Of Engines
  • Group: Status: Contributing Member
  • Simulator:MSTS

Posted 10 September 2015 - 03:01 AM

View Postdisc, on 10 September 2015 - 01:44 AM, said:

Yes. I've modified it to 4 gears, so in first gear the RPM rises to which is set with throttle (100% throttle nearly to 800 rpm, 60% throttle 560 rpm), then around 10 km/h the rpm falls to ~450 rpm, which is synced with speed.

However i saw that many DMU-s in msts are set to have a first gear with 3 mph max speed, which is too low, and makes the automatic transmission continously switch between 1st and 2nd.

BTW what is currently in openrails as "manual" is actually "semiautomatic", in source code these two are the same. Just as in MSTS. Fully manual gearbox is not implemented in code, but there are traces of it, so the developer of the gearbox simulation wanted to do it, just he is inactive since a year.

Okay so is this is normal for first gear?
Because selecting 50% throttle in 1st gear. the rpms will drop from 1100RPM and settle below the idle RPM of 600 and get "stuck" at 550 RPMs.

Sometimes you have to fully stop start correctly again.

DMUs that have a high force in 1st gear and low RPM change, do not have this problem.

I shall continue to do more testing on this matter!

edit

Could your please post your complete KIHA eng file. For some reason, my DMU is way underpowered with the ORTS Engine.

Thanks

#43 User is offline   Coolhand101 

• Foreman Of Engines

Posted 13 September 2015 - 10:59 AM

I'm quite happy with the D.M.M.U performance in OR.

One of the things missing, is to allow the idle RPMs to be connected to the drive shaft when selecting first gear, as this was prototypical with mechanical DMUs.

The RPM Slip in first gear using full throttle occurs now at 2 mph at 750 RPMs( 1800 max ) then 'snaps down' to the required road speed.
Using a low 'Changeup' RPM improves the slip to about 0.5mph.

Thanks

#44 User is offline   Csantucci 

• Member, Board of Directors
  • Group: Status: Elite Member

Posted 13 September 2015 - 11:24 AM

Cab control GEARS_DISPLAY has been implemented in x.3255. Thanks to Coolhand101 for support.

#45 User is offline   Coolhand101 

• Foreman Of Engines

Posted 23 February 2016 - 11:15 AM

Disc
Are you planning anymore updates on this.

ie engine over heating on high revs or failures. Tractive force applied when 1st gear is selected.

The only way i found to avoid the slip in 1st gear is to use a lower RPM change change up rate, but this then causes the tractive force to see-saw until 2nd gear is selected.

I did add your stall parameter but this causes the ORTS diesel engine parameters not to function.

Thanks

#46 User is offline   disc 

• Foreman Of Engines
  • Group: Private - Open Rails Developer
  • Simulator:OpenRails

Posted 24 February 2016 - 01:18 PM

That feature isn't included in main repository, that's why disables or diesel engine simulation. Maybe after 1.1.

• 5 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users