• You cannot reply to this topic

Path errors Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   luque91 

• Apprentice
  • Group: Status: Switchman
  • Simulator:Open Rails

Posted 23 June 2015 - 07:28 AM

Hello!

I'm Luca, a railfan from Italy, a MSTS user from 2005, now i am using ORTS from february.

I have some problems with paths on "Adriatica v2" route. The path is my own creation for a project activity on this scenario and has been created by ORTS Track Viewer.

With stable 3095 version i have a crash to desktop at the end of loading, when i heared the locomotive sound.

With the latest instable version (3169) i have this message, both starting the activity, both starting an explore route with the path

Attached Image: path_error.jpg

There is the log file (in .txt format)

Attached File  OpenRailsLog.txt (22.16K)
Number of downloads: 205

There is the path

Attached File  FoggiaDL-Pescara.zip (3.17K)
Number of downloads: 163

..sorry for my little english

Ciao!

#2 User is offline   Csantucci 

• Member, Board of Directors
  • Group: Status: Elite Member

Posted 23 June 2015 - 08:24 AM

Ciao Luque,
the problems that you have with release 3095 and 3169 are different. In release 3095 you got a "thread hang" problem. This happens when loading time is too high. Maybe your computer was performing some other activity while OR was loading. By trying again you should be able to successfully load the game, because your computer hardware seems OK at first glance.
Your installation of release 3169 instead seems to be incorrect, because one of the installation files (Loading.fx) has not been found. I would suggest that you delete your 3169 folder and perform a new installation from scratch by downloading the last OR version from here https://james-ross.c...jects/or/builds .

#3 User is offline   luque91 

• Apprentice

Posted 23 June 2015 - 09:18 AM

Ciao Csantucci,

I deleted the corrupted 3169 and downloaded again, but now I have the same problem with the stable 3095. My computer is not performing other tasks. Departing from Foggia station (not the depot), with other path, i don't have crashes.

#4 User is offline   JeroenP 

• Fireman
  • Group: Status: Active Member
  • Simulator:ORTS

Posted 23 June 2015 - 12:57 PM

I tried the route and the path with a different consist and found no issues. Do note that the .pat mentioned in the log file is cancellare.pat, which seems to be different from the path in the attached zip file.
Jeroen

#5 User is offline   EricF 

• Fireman
  • Group: Status: Active Member
  • Simulator:Open Rails / Sometimes MSTS

Posted 23 June 2015 - 02:19 PM

Do you have antivirus software running on your PC? Try having it ignore the folder paths where your routes are.

I recently updated my antivirus and it dropped all the exceptions I had set up for it (MSTS routes, flight simulator files) and OR hung while loading a large route because the antivirus was holding things up as it was busy checking every single little file that makes up the route and all its objects. With the exceptions back in, OR ran fine. Just something worth checking.

#6 User is offline   luque91 

• Apprentice

Posted 23 June 2015 - 02:23 PM

JeroenP, on 23 June 2015 - 12:57 PM, said:

I tried the route and the path with a different consist and found no issues. Do note that the .pat mentioned in the log file is cancellare.pat, which seems to be different from the path in the attached zip file.
Jeroen

Sorry...I uploaded a old log file with another test path ("cancellare" in italian means "to delete") :)

I did other tests with the new instable version 3172.
Unflag the check from the experimental option "automatically tune settings to keep performance level" (60 FPS in my case) I don't have a CTD, but the sim lags (8 FPS!). This in exploration mode.
In activity mode (ath the moment, only player service and a loose consist, necessary for the train formation) I have a CTD.

With the stable 3095, I have the same issues with the 3172 (slow loading, lags and 8 FPS in exploration, CTD in activity)

There are the log files, if necessary

Attached File  Log_files.zip (17.96K)
Number of downloads: 168

EricF, on 23 June 2015 - 02:19 PM, said:

Do you have antivirus software running on your PC? Try having it ignore the folder paths where your routes are.

I recently updated my antivirus and it dropped all the exceptions I had set up for it (MSTS routes, flight simulator files) and OR hung while loading a large route because the antivirus was holding things up as it was busy checking every single little file that makes up the route and all its objects. With the exceptions back in, OR ran fine. Just something worth checking.

I have an antivirus, Avast, currently running on my PC. Tomorrow try to do as you said. Thanks!

Ciao!

#7 User is offline   luque91 

• Apprentice

Posted 24 June 2015 - 12:30 AM

Hello!

I solved the problem. After unflag the V-Sync option and reducing the DM viewing distance from 1000 km to 40 km the sim is correctly loaded, I have not lags and about 50 FPS. Both in activity, both in explore. Both with 3095, both with 3172.

Thanks for the help and support!

Ciao!

#8 User is offline   vince 

• Superintendant
  • Group: Status: Elite Member
  • Simulator:ORTS_Running MSTS_Editing

Posted 24 June 2015 - 07:27 AM

luque91, on 24 June 2015 - 12:30 AM, said:

Hello!
I solved the problem. After unflag the V-Sync option and reducing the DM viewing distance from 1000 km to 40 km the sim is correctly loaded, I have not lags and about 50 FPS. Both in activity, both in explore. Both with 3095, both with 3172. Thanks for the help and support! Ciao!

Am I correctly reading your posted OR Logs?
Because it seems you had your DM view distance set to one million meters! I'd think that would choke just about any system.:)
Or is that setting in Km? . . . . which would be even worse. I guess I gotta read the Manual. :bigboss:

DistantMountains = True
DistantMountainsViewingDistance = (user set) 1000000

best regards,
vince

#9 User is offline   luque91 

• Apprentice

Posted 24 June 2015 - 07:41 AM

Yes...was one million meters :bigboss: :)
My intention was only set 100 Kilometers but, by mistake, I put a unnecessary zero. Until now I've never had problems with other italian (or german) routes and I never noticed the mistake ;)

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users