Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Blank Textures on intermodal cars Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   jpmackay 

• Conductor
  • Group: Status: R.I.P. or just Retired

Posted 22 June 2015 - 07:50 AM

Last evening I created a train consist with 2 diesel locomotives and 60 intermodal cars with EOT device at the end of the train in the program of ConBuilder (Payware). I was surprised to see some of the intermodal cars show blank textures in player train that I created. I checked every intermodal cars to see if any blank textures and nothing show blank and all have ace files that show the texture of an intermodal car. I wonder if something to do with the program of Open Rails that I have should be turn down a bit like 2D or 3D then I will be able to see all cars have textures not some of the blanks.

John

#2 User is offline   cr-stagg 

• Foreman Of Engines
  • Group: Status: Contributing Member
  • Simulator:OR

Posted 22 June 2015 - 08:13 AM

Which WAGs are showing blank? File and folder name? Where can we get them to test. i.e. ZIP filename and where to download?

Attach OR log to a reply.

You have been around long enough that we are not mind readers.

Also what specifically is not showing? The entire WAG or just the containers or the body of the WAG? Do the trucks show? You say "some" is there a blank space(s) in the consist?

#3 User is offline   elvasleis 

• Fireman
  • Group: Status: First Class

Posted 22 June 2015 - 08:16 AM

Blank textures happen to me in Open Rails but my PC is a bit ancient.
I use Open Rails version x2618 if the current version ie X3169 plays up.
Some large routes will not load with the current version or any later than x2618.

#4 User is offline   jpmackay 

• Conductor
  • Group: Status: R.I.P. or just Retired

Posted 22 June 2015 - 09:03 AM

Hi Charles,

Here is my OpenRailsLog.txt attached to my message. Hope that will help you with this to find the problem. I know you and others are not mind readers but just ask about the problem. Did you see the other member said the same thing about blank textures in his reply message.

Thank you,

John

Attached File(s)

#5 User is offline   cr-stagg 

• Foreman Of Engines

Posted 22 June 2015 - 09:55 AM

Is this one of your Wagons that has no texture?
Warning: Expected end of block distance_levels; got more data in b:\msts\train simulator\trains\trainset\atw.dttx_721002-721999\dttx721004c.s:byte 98320

Have you tried to fix NET Framework as recommended?
Warning: Unable to access Microsoft .NET Framework performance counters. This may be resolved by following the instructions at http://support.microsoft.com/kb/300956

Have not tested this with Wagons, but when the Shape file referenced by an ENG file is not present OR does not crash like MSTS does. Instead OR displays the Engine lights (if they are turned on ) and displays the exhaust. That is why I asked the question "what specifically is not showing?" Which you have stilled not answered. Now more to the point have you verified that the Shape file for the Wagons which have no texture are actually in the Wagon folder?

#6 User is offline   cr-stagg 

• Foreman Of Engines

Posted 22 June 2015 - 10:09 AM

John,

Look at the pic in the first post at http://www.trainsim....ghlight=ATWells Is this what you are seeing?

#7 User is offline   edwardk 

• Open Rails Developer
  • Group: Status: Elite Member
  • Simulator:MSTS

Posted 22 June 2015 - 11:29 AM

There may be a possibilty that some of you are experiencing the System Out Of Memory message. This could happen if you are unable to take advantage of the LAA feature. If the lack of memory is that bad, OR will just refuse to run, but the common symptom is usually a piece of rolling stock is missing its texture. If this happens, the log file will show which texture file did not get loaded.

Edward K.

#8 User is online   R H Steele 

• Executive Vice President
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: ET Admin
  • Simulator:Open Rails

Posted 22 June 2015 - 01:04 PM

John, examine the SD file of one of the wagons displaying the blank texture

>>> example sd file >>>
SIMISA@@@@@@@@@@JINX0t1t______

Shape ( DTTX_Trinity_40.s
ESD_Detail_Level ( 0 )
ESD_Alternative_Texture ( 0 )
ESD_Bounding_Box ( -1.528091 0.250000 -9.025871 1.527976 1.910382 9.025953 )
)

Look at the ESD Alternative_Texture line - if the numerical entry is ( 252 ) try changing it to 0

Just change one wagon and then check that wagon in OR to see if the blank textures has been replaced by the correct texture. Just a shot in the dark, but this might solve the problem.
If it does you'll have to look at all the sd files in that particular set and change 252 to 0 where needed.

(from the thread Charles referred to in above post #6 .... found by "dredick" post #29 at TS)

#9 User is offline   Navcom64 

• Apprentice
  • Group: Status: Switchman
  • Simulator:MSTS, Open Rails

Posted 22 June 2015 - 01:43 PM

View Postjpmackay, on 22 June 2015 - 07:50 AM, said:

Last evening I created a train consist with 2 diesel locomotives and 60 intermodal cars with EOT device at the end of the train in the program of ConBuilder (Payware). I was surprised to see some of the intermodal cars show blank textures in player train that I created. I checked every intermodal cars to see if any blank textures and nothing show blank and all have ace files that show the texture of an intermodal car. I wonder if something to do with the program of Open Rails that I have should be turn down a bit like 2D or 3D then I will be able to see all cars have textures not some of the blanks.

John

Are you check textures names in shape file of cars what is blank? Sometimes author of models can mistake and write wrong names of textures (I' have expirience with some models with wrong texture names) and for simulator textures with wrong names is not exist. For example: if you have in shape file texture with name: Side-L.ace but texture is named: Side_L.ace this is not same and simulator is not find texture and model is stay blank without texture. Open every shape what is blank and check all names of all textures in shape file and names of all textures in folder of this models. Only one diferent character in name of texture can result to texture is missing.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users