Elvas Tower: Dynamic weather - Elvas Tower

Posting Rules

All new threads will be started by members of the Open Rails team, Staff, and/or Admins. Existing threads started in other forums may get moved here when it makes sense to do so.

Once a thread is started any member may post replies to it.
  • 6 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Dynamic weather WeatherChange activity event Rate Topic: -----

#51 User is offline   m61 

• Fireman
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Status: Fired
  • Simulator:Open Rails

Posted 15 January 2017 - 12:21 PM

https://forum.msts.c...ads/5227/page-8

DJ Trat 321 Open Rails SC 506 Pendolino part 3 - Ceska Trebova - Brandýs nad Orlicí

https://youtu.be/Afk8js5WATI

DJ Trat 321 Open Rails SC 506 Pendolino part 4 - Chocen - Pardubice - Praha

https://youtu.be/ymqLLPL8g0I

DJ Trat 321 Open Rails SC 506 Pendolino part 5 - Praha hl.n. - Zbiroh

https://youtu.be/MEiZNLOQ8lE

#52 User is offline   SP 0-6-0 

• Foreman Of Engines
  • Group: Status: Contributing Member
  • Simulator:MSTS/ORTS

Posted 15 January 2017 - 04:22 PM

Is it possible to have rain or snow collect on the windshield and interact with the wipers?

Second, Does the rainy weather interact with flow of the rivers and streams? I would assume like collecting snow fall that this feature does not yet exist?

Robert

#53 User is online   Jovet 

• Open Rails Developer
  • Group: Status: Elite Member
  • Simulator:MSTS/Open Rails

Posted 17 January 2017 - 06:35 AM

View PostSP 0-6-0, on 15 January 2017 - 04:22 PM, said:

Is it possible to have rain or snow collect on the windshield and interact with the wipers?
Second, Does the rainy weather interact with flow of the rivers and streams? I would assume like collecting snow fall that this feature does not yet exist?

1. Possible? Sure. Feasible? Not anytime soon. I suspect such features would need built into the model, and obviously no models are created that way at this time.
2. No. Correct, it does not exist, and would be pretty complicated to implement automatic adjustment. But it is possible to employ seasonal textures to achieve a similar effect. One would have to recreate the higher water (or snow) as shapes, which are normally alpha'd out but which become visible in the appropriate season-weather.

#54 User is offline   SP 0-6-0 

• Foreman Of Engines
  • Group: Status: Contributing Member
  • Simulator:MSTS/ORTS

Posted 17 January 2017 - 12:52 PM

Jovet, I was looking for the same kind of interaction with streams and rivers as MSTS and Kosmos environments. I always liked the way Micheal Vone setup the environments on the Abula Line route.

Robert

#55 User is offline   vallabh 

• Apprentice
  • Group: Status: Switchman

Posted 24 June 2021 - 01:53 AM

View PostCsantucci, on 01 June 2015 - 12:39 PM, said:

A blueprint https://blueprints.l...er-change-event has been generated to specify a WeatherChange activity event. I repeat here the specification.

Following block can be added within an Event Block (be it a Location or a Time event) of an .act file:

ORTSWeatherChange (
ORTSTransitionTimeS ( double )
ORTSWeatherType ( double )
ORTSOvercast ( float )
ORTSFog ( float )
ORTSPrecipitationIntensity ( float )
)

The weather changes consequentially.
The event can also include an ORTSContinue ( 0 ) line, therefore not displaying messages and not suspending activity execution.
Manual commands related to weather interrupt the weather change triggered by the above events.
If a new WeatherChange event is triggered before the action of the preceding has terminated, the old one is interrupted.

MSTS operation is not damaged by the WeatherChange events.
Editing the .act file with the MSTS AE after inclusion of WeatherChange events clears them, so they should be backed up separately.
Opening with the MSTS AE an .act file with WeatherChage events and packaging it without editing it generates an .apk file that contains such events.

Using the location event it is possible to have another weather e.g. when climbing uphill or exiting a continental divide tunnel; using the time event it is possible to have weather changing during the day.

Implementation work not yet started.

Sir

Tried implementing the dynamic weather change feature in .act file manually.So,I created a test act incorporating the relevant parameters to effect the same in the activity.Works fine initially as I intend it to be.Clear skies in the beginning..a bit cloudy after covering certain distance,then starts to rain..heavy rains before clouds begin to open up.The issue that keeps me in a fix is the non effect of parameters when switching to clear skies from rain.Although the precipitationIntensity is set to zero,rain doesn't stop when sky is clear.Enclosing the test activity file along with the query.Pls check the same and let me know what went wrong.Attached File  Weather change test.zip (1.47K)
Number of downloads: 276

#56 User is offline   Csantucci 

• Member, Board of Directors
  • Group: Status: Elite Member

Posted 27 June 2021 - 11:39 PM

I don't know if this will solve the problem, but strings within the DisplayMessage line should be enclosed in quotes, like
DisplayMessage ( "No rain now" )
Moreover at line 125 I see
					ORTSPrecipitation( 0.15 15 )

That should be ORTSPrecipitationIntensity.
For testing I'd also suggest to set all ORTSContinue parameters to 3, so that the messages are displayed, so that you can check that all events are triggered.
Remenmber also that for every weather parameter the last weather change should be terminated before a new one is started.

#57 User is offline   vallabh 

• Apprentice
  • Group: Status: Switchman

Posted 29 August 2021 - 03:13 AM

View PostCsantucci, on 27 June 2021 - 11:39 PM, said:

I don't know if this will solve the problem, but strings within the DisplayMessage line should be enclosed in quotes, like
DisplayMessage ( "No rain now" )
Moreover at line 125 I see
					ORTSPrecipitation( 0.15 15 )

That should be ORTSPrecipitationIntensity.
For testing I'd also suggest to set all ORTSContinue parameters to 3, so that the messages are displayed, so that you can check that all events are triggered.
Remenmber also that for every weather parameter the last weather change should be terminated before a new one is started.

Thanks a lot Sir!!

• 6 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users