Elvas Tower: DNWP 36' Gondola No. 30099 - Elvas Tower

No uploading is allowed here by anyone. That includes screenshots or other images. Any screenshot or image desired in any post must be hotlinked from an image hosting site(Photobucket, etc,) or existing topic in the main discussion forums.
Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

DNWP 36' Gondola No. 30099 Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   CrisGer 

• Member, Board of Directors
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: ET Admin
  • Simulator:MSTS OR

Posted 30 May 2015 - 08:35 PM

http://www.elvastowe...eenshot&id=2027
File Name: DNWP 36' Gondola No. 30099
File Submitter: CrisGer
File Submitted: 31 May 2015
File Category: Gondolas Std Gauge

Denver Northwestern & Pacific RR Gondola No. 30099
Built by the Pullman Company

Model by Tim Muir
Ammendations by WAyne Campbell
Texture by Tim Muir and Chris Gerlach (CrisGer)
Historic Data from John Emmot
Builders photo of Car No. 3099 John Emmot
Historic Photographs from the Smithsonian Institution
Historic photographs from Denver Public Library

This wooden truss rod Gondola was used on the DNWP for many years as one of the most widely used load carrying freight cars on the line. They were used for the coal trade which was the main money maker for the Route in its earliest days once the line reached the coal fields, and also for carrying gravel and ballast for the line and for construction throughout the region. It was 36 ft long and had a capacity of 8000 lbs. They had six truss rods and were reinforced with vertical struts, and carried various fittings including grab irons at the ends. These were original from a lot of 94 cars, Road Numbers 30000 to 30099.

Model was by Tim Muir who very kindly allowed this conversion, Wayne Campbell did the conversion work very generously and I created the texturing using accurate and historic photos and reference info from John Emmott of the DSLHS and the Denver Public Library.

There are two loads available with their own WAG files, one for coal and one for gravel.

You are not allowed to use this car for any commercial purpose without permission and arrangement, and no further alteration may be made of the car without permission of Tim whose original read me is included and Tim holds the rights and permissions on this car.

No liability is offered or given, and you use this model at your own risk.

I am deeply grateful to all of the help learning to create works for the Open Rails and MSTS train sims, and especially to Barry Munro, Tim Muir, Wayne Campbell, John Fleming and the Grindre.

Without their help I would not have the modest skills to help share these elements of our railroading history that allows us all to honor the men who created this vital parts of our national history and infrastructure.

This is Tim's Rights and Restrictions Clause that Applies to this car in any and all uses and serves as a copyright statement as established by US copyright Law and International Convention and must be obeyed, your use of this model constitutes acceptance of this statement in total.

LEGAL:
As author of this design, I advise that it is copyrighted, but royalty free. You may use it and edit it as you wish, but you may not distribute it for money, or include it in a paid distribution without permission from Tim Muir, who can be reached via personal message at Elvas Tower http://www.elvastower.com/forums/. You must include my name in your credits, as well as my copyright notices, and this entire Readme.txt, if you repaint it, use or derive files from it, or otherwise use or distribute these files.

Because this program is royalty free, it is provided WHERE IS, AS IS, WITH ALL FAULTS, and WITHOUT WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE or any other warranties. There is no liability by the authors in your use of this program, instead all liability is assumed by the user.

Chris Gerlach (CrisGer)
Elvas Tower

Chrisgerlach9@yahoo.com

February 2015

Click here to download this file

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users