• You cannot reply to this topic

New Route Editor for Open Rails Build routes without msts Rate Topic: -----

#841 User is offline   Simon E 

• Hostler
  • Group: Status: Active Member
  • Simulator:TS 2022,TANE, OpenRails

Posted 04 August 2016 - 06:11 PM

Genma Saotome, on 30 June 2016 - 06:03 PM, said:

Bull. In most places in the world the GH projection skews all right angled street intersections. Here are two examples for the US (and this occurs everywhere in the US) (and is far, far worse in Japan):
ge01.jpg
ge02.jpg

In addition to ruining every right angled intersection the distances within the skew are off: Measuring from the bottom corner across to the opposite top corner you get different distances. Not much on these city blocks but for any route whose start to end track journey follows that corner to corner direction it really adds up... 5% to 10% longer or shorter per 100 km (or miles) is not uncommon.

About the only place in the world where this is not a problem is in Congo.

The Congo?? Seriously? Is the GH safe place anywhere in Congo, Like a place in Congo where there is a Railway to model?

#842 User is offline   copperpen 

• Executive Vice President
  • Group: Status: Elite Member
  • Simulator:MSTS & OR

Posted 05 August 2016 - 01:10 AM

Simon E, on 04 August 2016 - 06:11 PM, said:

The Congo?? Seriously? Is the GH safe place anywhere in Congo, Like a place in Congo where there is a Railway to model?

https://en.wikipedia...de_fer_du_Congo

#843 User is offline   Driver 

• Fireman
  • Simulator:MSTS

Posted 05 August 2016 - 03:08 PM

jamesc25313, on 03 August 2016 - 09:11 PM, said:

I have had issues using SRT with TSRE, but never equated it to Gokus editor and never use MSTSRE much anymore if at all. Just started on a new project and kind of bummed I cant use SRT with TSRE for distant mountains. I will try anyhow of course :jumpy:

If you look at a route where the tiles were created using the MSTS RGE, you will see it generates tiles differently. And I think SRT was created and needs to read all 3 variations of a route tile to correctly download the proper GE images. Goku RE only creates one file per world tile as opposed to 3. So I think SRT crashes because it isn't seeing all 3 files for each world tile in the tiles folder .

#844 User is offline   vince 

• Superintendant
  • Simulator:ORTS_Running MSTS_Editing

Posted 05 August 2016 - 06:25 PM

Also add to the list of useful utilities that will not work with the TSRE is AlignU.
Regards,
vince

#845 User is offline   Driver 

• Fireman

Posted 06 August 2016 - 08:25 AM

vince, on 05 August 2016 - 06:25 PM, said:

Also add to the list of useful utilities that will not work with the TSRE is AlignU.
Regards,
vince

I believe goku has incorporated his own version of alignU. I have not dabbled with that yet in his RE, but I do believe it is there.

#846 User is offline   Simon E 

• Hostler
  • Simulator:TS 2022,TANE, OpenRails

Posted 07 August 2016 - 07:59 AM

View Postcopperpen, on 05 August 2016 - 01:10 AM, said:

Oh cool. I knew I had seen these railways a while back, when I was searching for something else African, That Something else African In South Africa... was sadly not available...

#847 User is offline   copperpen 

• Executive Vice President
  • Simulator:MSTS & OR

Posted 07 August 2016 - 08:32 AM

There is a tv program series called Extreme Railways, with Chris Tarrant presenting. One is the Point Noire to Brazzaville line, 3'6" gauge.

#848 User is offline   jamesc25313 

• Hostler
  • Simulator:Open Rails

Posted 07 August 2016 - 03:45 PM

View PostDriver, on 05 August 2016 - 03:08 PM, said:

If you look at a route where the tiles were created using the MSTS RGE, you will see it generates tiles differently. And I think SRT was created and needs to read all 3 variations of a route tile to correctly download the proper GE images. Goku RE only creates one file per world tile as opposed to 3. So I think SRT crashes because it isn't seeing all 3 files for each world tile in the tiles folder .

I think I follow now. Gokus editor only allows for one texture per tile, so if you use 4, or 8 tiles for example, it will display fine in the editor, but when painted on the tile will default to one tile, thus making this feature useless when used with SRT. Correct?

Before painting:
http://i.imgur.com/im58b6n.jpg

After:
http://i.imgur.com/XWAOLZS.jpg

My first thought would be to change settings in SRT to 1 image per tile but it isnt working for me at the moment (crashing).

#849 User is offline   Driver 

• Fireman

Posted 07 August 2016 - 07:59 PM

View Postjamesc25313, on 07 August 2016 - 03:45 PM, said:

I think I follow now. Gokus editor only allows for one texture per tile, so if you use 4, or 8 tiles for example, it will display fine in the editor, but when painted on the tile will default to one tile, thus making this feature useless when used with SRT. Correct?

Before painting:
http://i.imgur.com/im58b6n.jpg

After:
http://i.imgur.com/XWAOLZS.jpg

My first thought would be to change settings in SRT to 1 image per tile but it isnt working for me at the moment (crashing).

Read my post #827. It lists the world tile differences I found between my route created in MSTS RGE, and GOKU RE. Both my routes are exactly the same, one created with each platform. I think SRT was programmed to read the 3 different files created for one tile using RGE. The GOKU RE only creates one of these, and not all three for each world tile. I am not a programmer myself, but this was the difference I was able to find comparing my two identical routes, in my attempt to troubleshoot why SRT crashes when used with a route created with the GOKU RE

#850 User is offline   jamesc25313 

• Hostler
  • Simulator:Open Rails

Posted 07 August 2016 - 08:42 PM

View PostDriver, on 07 August 2016 - 07:59 PM, said:

Read my post #827. It lists the world tile differences I found between my route created in MSTS RGE, and GOKU RE. Both my routes are exactly the same, one created with each platform. I think SRT was programmed to read the 3 different files created for one tile using RGE. The GOKU RE only creates one of these, and not all three for each world tile. I am not a programmer myself, but this was the difference I was able to find comparing my two identical routes, in my attempt to troubleshoot why SRT crashes when used with a route created with the GOKU RE

Yeah, I looked into that myself using two different routes. One using the 3DTS Cajon and the other the Pocahontas route by Austin Yoder. Cajon uses the e, n, y you speak of and Pocahontas on has "y". In both routes Im able to generate GE textures that display properly in OR and TSRE. I cant edit those tiles in TSRE properly no matter what so TSRE is unuseful for me in that regard. Ill probably just stick with the old way.

• 208 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

4 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 4 guests, 0 anonymous users