• You cannot reply to this topic

New Route Editor for Open Rails Build routes without msts Rate Topic: -----

#1671 User is offline   GibiShadok 

• Apprentice
  • Group: Status: Switchman
  • Simulator:Open Rails

Posted 25 July 2017 - 11:41 AM

View PostCsantucci, on 25 July 2017 - 07:10 AM, said:

OK, I checked and I found something that - I believe - is in between a TSRE bug and an OR bug.
The problem is in this block in file w-006026+014790.w :

[...]

OR does not like the "2" in line
				SectionCurve ( 0 ) 4294967295 2 0

by replacing the isolated 2 with a 0 the track is displayed correctly.
So I suppose that:
- TSRE5 should not put a "2" there
- OR should not consider values different from 0 after a 4294967295.

Am I correct?

Well done ! :sign_thanks:

I've found this other one :

Dyntrack (
		UiD ( 564 )
		TrackSections (
			TrackSection (
				SectionCurve ( 0 ) 40288 6 0
			)
			TrackSection (
				SectionCurve ( 1 ) 40290 -0.245 851
			)
			TrackSection (
				SectionCurve ( 0 ) 4294967295 0 0
			)
			TrackSection (
				SectionCurve ( 1 ) 4294967295 0.1 100
			)
			TrackSection (
				SectionCurve ( 0 ) 4294967295 0 0
			)

I replaced "SectionCurve ( 1 ) 4294967295 0.1 100" with "SectionCurve ( 1 ) 4294967295 0 0"

... and now a great part of my problem seems to be solved !

what remains is this (maybe we have two totally different problems ?) :

https://s14.postimg.org/7066b2t5p/Open_Rails_2017-07-22_12-29-41.png

#1672 User is offline   Lutz_s 

• Fireman
  • Group: Status: Active Member
  • Simulator:MSTS

Posted 26 July 2017 - 11:21 AM

View PostGibiShadok, on 25 July 2017 - 11:41 AM, said:

what remains is this (maybe we have two totally different problems ?) :

What exactly do you mean? Is it the two rail tops which are visible in the screenshot? If so, do you have superelevation activated?

#1673 User is offline   Garry 

• Fireman
  • Group: Status: Active Member
  • Simulator:Open Rails + TSRE5

Posted 27 July 2017 - 05:27 AM

My route built with TSRE has 3742 objects in one tile, and three other tiles with over 1000.
Garry

#1674 User is offline   WaltN 

• Open Rails Developer
  • Group: Status: R.I.P. or just Retired
  • Simulator:Open Rails, MSTS

Posted 31 July 2017 - 08:39 AM

I'm having problems with the mouse movement sensitivity of TSRE5. When navigating from one location to another, the camera point-of-view rotation is much too large for my hand-eye coordination capabilities. (I confess to being a little long in the tooth.) Is there a setting for this? (I tried the mouse settings Pointer Options in Windows, but apparently TSRE5 processes its own mouse ticks.)

What I'd like to see, I suppose, is a setting that provides the "gain" (multiplier) that relates mouse movement to camera angular rotation.

#1675 User is offline   eric from trainsim 

• Waste Disposal Engineer
  • Group: Private - Open Rails Developer
  • Simulator:ORTS

Posted 31 July 2017 - 09:47 AM

View Postmopacfan, on 25 July 2017 - 10:02 AM, said:

Hi, Does TSRE give OR users the ability to increase the number of objects on a world tile beyond the limit in MSTS? The reason why I ask is because I have reached on several tiles on a a route project the maximum number of objects that MSTS allows per title before the program randomly removes items. I cannot complete the route project until I can add more objects to route tiles without MSTS removing the items.

It shouldn't be an issue with either TSRE or ORTS.

#1676 User is offline   vince 

• Superintendant
  • Group: Status: Elite Member
  • Simulator:ORTS_Running MSTS_Editing

Posted 31 July 2017 - 12:49 PM

View PostWaltN, on 31 July 2017 - 08:39 AM, said:

I'm having problems with the mouse movement sensitivity of TSRE5. When navigating from one location to another, the camera point-of-view rotation is much too large for my hand-eye coordination capabilities. (I confess to being a little long in the tooth.) Is there a setting for this? (I tried the mouse settings Pointer Options in Windows, but apparently TSRE5 processes its own mouse ticks.)

What I'd like to see, I suppose, is a setting that provides the "gain" (multiplier) that relates mouse movement to camera angular rotation.

Goku answered this question a while back.
He said "mouse speed is controlled by the same settings for mouse in the Windows Control Panel."
I was able to slow the mouse down using his suggestion.

Attached File  Win10 mouse setting.jpg (51.18K)
Number of downloads: 2

Also I have set the camera movement speed to my liking in the TSRE Settings as so:
cameraSpeedMin = 15
cameraSpeedStd = 0.20
cameraSpeedMax = 3

Now I realize this may seem to be strange settings but I can tell you it greatly enables you MUCH easier camera movement in TSRE when editing.
The 'Standard' speed of 0.20 is just the ticket for nice precise camera monement when placing objects.
Try it a let me know what you think, bad or good. Thanks.

regards,
vince

#1677 User is offline   WaltN 

• Open Rails Developer

Posted 01 August 2017 - 09:46 AM

Vince, you're way off the mark with your understanding of my problem -- on two counts:
  • The screenshot you presented for Mouse Properties deals with double-click speed, not camera rotation. If you look at the Mouse Properties > Pointer Options tab, that comes closer to controlling what I want. For example, I normally at one notch slower than default because I get kind of shaky in my mousing.
  • The camera speed settings you recommended have nothing to do with camera rotation. They control the incremental movement you get by tapping or pressing the movement keys (e.g., W).

What I'm looking for is a way to customize the angular displacement you get by moving the mouse. Do this experiment: Fix the camera in one position and right-click and move the mouse slowly horizontally. The image of the landscape stutters in its movement. I think the stuttering is due to rotating too great an angle incrementally. I do not think the stuttering is a performance problem.

The stuttering really gets in the way when you try and move several miles down the line, holding your finger on the W key and steering with the mouse.

#1678 User is offline   vince 

• Superintendant

Posted 01 August 2017 - 01:17 PM

Hi Walt,
Sorry, my bad. I misunderstood your problem and presented the wrong mouse property panel.
Here's the one I should have shown.

Attached File  MousePointerSpeed.jpg (37.36K)
Number of downloads: 2

++ The 'stuttering' can have many causes. Slow access to HD is one. SSHD's greatly improve performance but I still get some minor stutter when the editor has to load large object count ( >2500 ) tiles.
++ Another cause can be the cpu configuration. I have a i5 Quad Core system w/ NVIDIA GeForce GTX 650 (1.0 GB RAM). Anything less than that will of course have slower performance as TSRE is I believe configured to take advantage of a multi-cpu system

With regards to setting the mouse speed:
I found to get the precise action I wanted I had to set the mouse to the Slowest speed setting.
This is shown in the Mouse Properties picture I posted above.

I'd like Goku to consider 'tuning' TSRE to get the mouse to run somewhat slower in the Editor with the control panel setting about the middle speed.

The slowest setting being that it's set in the windows control panel means the mouse now is too slow for everyday use in all the other programs on my system. But . . .
It's really not too bad and frankly it's worth it for the improvement in TSRE.

I run TSRE with NumLock ON and so I am using the keyboard arrow keys for camera movement because that's the way I always used the MSTS Route Editor.
I find a HUGE improvement in camera movement speed using the TSRE Settings I provided.
Don't knock it until you try it!

To recap:
1. Set the mouse as shown in the above pic to it's slowest possible setting in the windows control panel.
2. Make a copy of the TSRE Settings.txt file for backup.
3. Paste in the camera speed settings I posted and give it a try.
If you don't like my settings, try some experimenting on your own with camera movement speed you pick.

regards,
vince

edit:format/spelling

#1679 User is offline   WaltN 

• Open Rails Developer

Posted 02 August 2017 - 03:54 AM

View Postvince, on 01 August 2017 - 01:17 PM, said:

Hi Walt,
Sorry, my bad. I misunderstood your problem and presented the wrong mouse property panel.
Here's the one I should have shown.

Vince, after putting your Pointer Option all the way at the slowest setting, if you had performed the experiment I outlined yesterday, you would have observed that, in addition to the pointer tracking less distance on the screen compared to mouse movement, the scene snaps the same. What that means to me is that it's a mouse "gain" (ratio of camera angle to mouse movement) problem over which only Goku has control.

I know you're only desiring to help, but in this case you're only succeeding in clouding my issue.

#1680 User is offline   vince 

• Superintendant

Posted 02 August 2017 - 02:57 PM

Walt,
All I can say is the stuttering you describe does not happen on my machine. FYI, I did perform the experiment you described and I have very smooth movement be it camera or pointer (the yellow cursor).

regards,
vince

• 208 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users