• « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Remote Control DPU units Rate Topic: ***** 1 Votes

#191 User is offline   Csantucci 

• Member, Board of Directors
  • Group: Status: Elite Member

Posted 22 February 2022 - 01:50 PM

These are the steps to be followed to get the feature operating.
1) In the .cvf linked to the 3D cab a control block like the following one must be present
		ScreenDisplay (
            Type ( ORTS_DISTRIBUTED_POWER SCREEN_DISPLAY )
            Position (  164.4 286.5 136 52 )
                        Parameters (
                                FullTable True
                                LoadUnits KILO_LBS
                        )
            Units ( KM_PER_HOUR )
        )

Parameters used by the code are FullTable and LoadUnits.
2) In the 3Dcab .s file an ORTS_DISTRIBUTED_POWER object must be defined, with the same syntax rules of the digitals, so e.g. ORTS_DISTRIBUTED_POWER:0:8:DPI , where 8 is the selected character font size and DPI is the DPI.ace texture associated.
The .ace file must be organized like the attached one
Attached File  DPI.zip (6.01K)
Number of downloads: 204
Having as reference this file (whose appearance is shown in the picture here below), specific customizations must follow these rules to provide a correct display:
Attached Image: DPI4.jpg
1) horizontal/vertical radio must be kept
2) the first four lines must have the characters centered in their rectangle.
3) from the 5th line on characters may be also spaced in a thicker way (as is e.g for the "Idle" string in the above picture)
4) from the 5th line on strings may be replaced bo strings in other national languages, provided that the new strings aren't wider than the original ones.
5) it should be possible to have a transparent background if preferred.

The .ace file has been created by Akio Yamamura and adapted by me.

Blueprint: https://blueprints.l...lay-for-3d-cabs

#192 User is offline   Bill 

• Apprentice
  • Group: Status: First Class
  • Simulator:Open Rails

Posted 27 March 2022 - 03:36 AM

View Postgpz, on 16 November 2021 - 01:05 AM, said:

Please keep in mind, that the HUD is meant to be a debug screen for us, developers. That's why everything is visible there. If players need a fancy real-operation screen, probably that's a new issue, and a new development request.

Maybe a little late but I attached some reference documents for Distributed power from CN. They may help clarify operations for you.

I know this is not the appropriate thread, but complete operating screens that operate via the web server would be an excellent feature add. Doing via a web server would allow us that have real controls the ability to put them on a separate screen as appropriate in the mock cab. You have my vote.

Attached File(s)

#193 User is offline   Borislav 

• Hostler
  • Group: Status: Active Member
  • Simulator:ORTS

Posted 29 March 2022 - 09:24 AM

View PostBill, on 27 March 2022 - 03:36 AM, said:

Maybe a little late but I attached some reference documents for Distributed power from CN. They may help clarify operations for you.

I know this is not the appropriate thread, but complete operating screens that operate via the web server would be an excellent feature add. Doing via a web server would allow us that have real controls the ability to put them on a separate screen as appropriate in the mock cab. You have my vote.

This is beautiful, Bill! Thank you very, very much!

#194 User is offline   ATW 

• Engineer
  • Group: Status: Contributing Member
  • Simulator:MSTS Open Rails

Posted 15 February 2023 - 01:55 AM

View PostCsantucci, on 30 December 2021 - 10:05 AM, said:

@ATW: with reasonable effort I was able to add the possibility of inclining the DP table, see picture (in this case with 5 degrees of inclination)
Attachment DPInclined.jpg
The line to be added to the control block is the usual ORTSAngle ( 5 ) .
The feature should be available in next ORNYMG release and, in parallel, in the Unstable release.

Sorry to bump a older topic but I started fiddling with my cab and added the DPU Table. Was this Inclined capability deleted out the code? I can't seam to incline the DP Table.

#195 User is offline   Csantucci 

Posted 16 February 2023 - 09:03 AM

ATW, apparently I forgot to add the rotation code into the published releases. I could find the related code (hope it is working) and will try to insert it into ORNYMG and the Unstable release.

#196 User is offline   Csantucci 

Posted 16 February 2023 - 10:14 AM

Hi ATW,
try decompressing this zip file into ORNYMG rev. 138.
(Fix now available in ORNYMG 139)

#197 User is offline   ATW 

• Engineer

Posted 19 February 2023 - 11:16 AM

Thanks Carlos that really works like a charm and helps with progress. Leaving one glitch all DP units BP, MR equal leader even if they are to go into emergency or have different BP throughout the train charging.

Attached Image: bandicam 2023-02-19 10-41-50-230.jpg
Attached Image: bandicam 2023-02-19 10-42-35-205.jpg
Attached Image: bandicam 2023-02-19 11-00-29-703.jpg
Attached Image: bandicam 2023-02-19 11-13-00-242.jpg

#198 User is offline   Csantucci 

Posted 26 February 2023 - 09:51 AM

AATW,
please try the attached patch (always for ORNYMG 138).
It should also fix the BC and MR issue.
(Fix now available in ORNYMG 139)

#199 User is offline   ATW 

• Engineer

Posted 02 March 2023 - 09:12 PM

Works very well Carlos thanks for that update.

Till later down the road of more braking parameters added to ORTS, I think the air flow calculation would fit in bringing back the Flow tab very well negotiating leak rates from MR and BP.

#200 User is offline   pschlik 

• Conductor
  • Group: Status: Active Member
  • Simulator:OpenRails - Unstable

Posted 03 February 2024 - 04:24 PM

Bringing this thread back to let you know I have added air brake application/release to distributed power locomotives! Should be up on the unstable version soon.

To fully enable all train brake and loco brake synchronization, add this line to your .eng file in the engine() section: ORTSDPBrakeSynchronization ( "Apply, Release, Emergency, Independent" )

If you are simulating something other than North American distributed power, you can remove some of those settings to simulate a system that, eg: does synchronize brake application and emergency but doesn't do anything else (I believe this is the case for the BR HST brake valve, use ORTSDPBrakeSynchronization ( "Apply, Emergency" ) to recreate that behavior).
  • "Apply" will allow remote units to apply the train brake to the same pressure as the player locomotive
  • "Release" will allow remote units to release the train brake to the same pressure as the player locomotive
  • "Emergency" will allow remote units to vent the brake pipe when the player locomotive makes an emergency application
  • "Independent" will allow remote units to adjust the locomotive brake to match the brake cylinder pressure of the player locomotive, including bail-off if needed (this is enabled by default on locomotives that don't have "ORTSDPBrakeSynchronization" in the .eng file)

Note that BOTH the player locomotive and the DPUs need to have a given setting for anything interesting to happen (if the DPU has all 4 settings but the player locomotive only has Independent then only Independent brakes will synchronize).

Making this change required a lot of rewrite for air brake code, which means that something could be different even if you don't change anything in your .eng files. Please keep an eye out for anything unexpected!

• 21 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users