• You cannot reply to this topic

Remote Control DPU units Rate Topic: ***** 1 Votes

#181 User is offline   Borislav 

• Hostler
  • Group: Status: Active Member
  • Simulator:ORTS

Posted 10 January 2022 - 10:53 AM

railguy, on 10 January 2022 - 05:52 AM, said:

About the screenshot issue--I've noticed it, too. OR saves a screenshot as a .png file, but it contains some artifact that won't let Photoshop open it. Oddly, the screenshot will open in Paint and if you save it as a .jpg file from Paint, Photoshop will open that file without issue.

Like many of us, I'm sure, I'm anxiously awaiting Borislav's release of his excellent ES-44 cab with all the DP screens available. I've yet to successfully try the "alpha" version, but I may try that again when I have a little extra time.

That is exactly the problem I have been experiencing for quite a while now. It does seem to be more present now.

I've been thinking about updating some of the stuff in the cab, as well as adding one or two new options. I am not sure if I should release an update with just the DPU screen and then release another one sometime later. I am still thinking about it, so any suggestion is welcome.

#182 User is offline   Weter 

• Member, Board of Directors
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: ET Admin

Posted 10 January 2022 - 11:05 AM

Both are good.
Semi-update would let widely testing and soil for suggestions.

#183 User is offline   jared2982 

• Superintendant
  • Group: Status: First Class
  • Simulator:MSTS, TS2017, OR

Posted 10 January 2022 - 04:27 PM

railguy said:

1636938715[/url]' post='278058']
This brings up another issue that I've mentioned numerous times: With MU'ed locomotives in the "real world", all air compressors generally contribute to charging the train line. I don't believe that OR models this yet. The issue you mention about DPU units contributing/not contributing to charging the train line is valid, as well. Also, as I have mentioned before, currently OR only has the "inherited" TrainPipeLeakRate parameter, where, in fact, individual locomotive air tanks can leak in "real life." That should also modeled to achieve more realism. All of these things sort of inter-relate because they affect train line charging and air system behavior. Probably, on a broader front, this begs the discussion of whether OR should have a "gaming" mode for simplified (and less prototypical) options and behavior, and a "simulator" mode that tries, as much as possible, to simulate prototypical operation.

When MU’d all locomotives in the consist contribute to charging the main reservoir of all locomotives in that consist. Only the lead Locomotive charges the brake pipe. Any DP consists work the same way. The lead locomotive contributes to charging the brake pipe but all locomotives contribute to the main reservoir.

Jared

#184 User is offline   Weter 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: ET Admin

Posted 11 January 2022 - 08:33 AM

Confirm:
Since air single pipe freight and passenger cars mostly have no feeding pipe (only brake pipe), BP is charged through first locomotive trainbrake valve.
Main reservoirs in this scheme are separated for each locomotive(or group). The variation is scheme for doubled trains, where BP of the first train is connected to equalization reservoir of the second train, while its trainbrake valve is at "Lap with feeding" notch. In this case, front train's BP pressure commands the second train's BP charging/discharging, so brake actuation and especially release is quicker, rather for single BP for whole double train's length.
Twin pipe scheme has second pipe, providing compressed air for every car's brake system, so every locomotive cAn contribute in maintaining its pressure.
But EMU trains have (instead twin-pipe system) the feeding pipe, which connects all main reservoirs of the trainset together. This way, compressors on every individual car are smaller and main reservoirs - too. All they hence are more compact to fit under-floor space.

#185 User is offline   Csantucci 

• Group: Status: Elite Member

Posted 13 January 2022 - 07:47 AM

Applying the attached patch to ORNYMG 114, the BC value shown in the Distributed Power Table (and Shift-9 window) now considers also the contribution of the Locomotive Brake.
Attached File  Orts.Simulation.zip (1.56MB)
Number of downloads: 204

#186 User is offline   railguy 

• Engineer
  • Group: Status: Contributing Member
  • Simulator:Open Rails

Posted 13 January 2022 - 06:57 PM

I found this handy New York Air Brake manual on distributed power that may answer some questions.

https://www.nyab.com...tsip/IP-242.pdf

#187 User is offline   mbm_OR 

• Fireman
  • Group: Status: Active Member
  • Simulator:Open Rails

Posted 28 January 2022 - 01:32 PM

Hi,

Since the ORNYMG revision 116 and the Unstable U2022.02.19-2151, the "Train DPU Info" web server is available.

Attached Image: TDPU-OR-Web Interface.jpg

Attached Image: TrainDPUInfo-webserver.jpg Attached Image: TDPU-webserver-small.jpg Attached Image: TDPU-webserver-small1.jpg

Attached Image: TDPU-Setup.jpg Attached Image: TDPU-B2.jpg

Regards,
Mauricio

#188 User is offline   Csantucci 

Posted 20 February 2022 - 10:02 AM

With the support of akioyamamura I am finalizing the DPU table for 3D cabs; with a single matrix in the .s file it will be possible to display the full table
Attached Image: 3dDPU.jpg

#189 User is offline   superheatedsteam 

• Conductor
  • Group: Status: Contributing Member

Posted 20 February 2022 - 04:03 PM

Thank you for your work on this.

Cheers,

Marek.

#190 User is offline   Csantucci 

Posted 22 February 2022 - 10:24 AM

The feature is now available in ORNYMG 119. A description of how to use it will follow.

• 21 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users