BLW/ZT Baldwin Switchers run backwards In newer releases only Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   rfranzosa 

• Vice President
  • Group: Status: First Class
  • Simulator:MSTS

Posted 31 January 2015 - 02:25 PM

Hi,

Just reported over at Valleypass.com.

The three Baldwin DS-44-1000 switchers released in late 2013 now do not run properly in OR.

I had been running version 0.9.0.1648 on my box (and had no issues with the Baldwins), but a problem was reported today that when the reverser is moved to forward the locomotives move in reverse and when the reverser is in reverse, the locomotives move forward.

I upgraded to the latest version of OR and validated the issue.

I would be happy to send the loco to someone for testing, Gaetan and I will try some things as well.

Thanks

Rick

#2 User is offline   rfranzosa 

• Vice President
  • Group: Status: First Class
  • Simulator:MSTS

Posted 02 February 2015 - 08:15 AM

rfranzosa, on 31 January 2015 - 02:25 PM, said:

Hi,

Just reported over at Valleypass.com.

The three Baldwin DS-44-1000 switchers released in late 2013 now do not run properly in OR.

I had been running version 0.9.0.1648 on my box (and had no issues with the Baldwins), but a problem was reported today that when the reverser is moved to forward the locomotives move in reverse and when the reverser is in reverse, the locomotives move forward.

I upgraded to the latest version of OR and validated the issue.

I would be happy to send the loco to someone for testing, Gaetan and I will try some things as well.

Thanks

Rick

Gaetan was able to find and fix the issue, but this may require some changes to OR for a permanent fix.

The BLW/ZT Baldwin switchers are setup in the cabview to run like the prototype. The engineer in these switchers sat facing the controls, which is actually facing the left side windows. This has been verified by hoggers who actually ran them. In order to simulate this practice in the cab view file, "Cab_Front.ace" is actually the view to the left facing the controls, Cab_Right.ace looks forward out the front of the cab, and Cab_Left.ace looks out the rear of the cab.

In most recent versions of OR, setting the Direction of the cabview to (-3.5 -90 0) [to face the controls] - causes the locomotive to run in the wrong direction. Gaetan changed the Direction setting to be (-3.5 -88 0) and the problem went away. There is something about setting the cabview direction to -90 that confuses OR.

I'm not sure what this would mean as far as applying a fix to OR. In the meantime, I will be releasing a patch changing the view direction to -88 to rectify the issue.

Thanks

Rick

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users