Elvas Tower: OPEN RAILS NP USRA 55 Ton Hopper 3-Pack - Elvas Tower

No uploading is allowed here by anyone. That includes screenshots or other images. Any screenshot or image desired in any post must be hotlinked from an image hosting site(Photobucket, etc,) or existing topic in the main discussion forums.
Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

OPEN RAILS NP USRA 55 Ton Hopper 3-Pack Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   scottb613 

• Vice President
  • Group: Status: First Class
  • Simulator:ORTS

Posted 25 November 2014 - 05:27 PM

http://www.elvastowe...eenshot&id=1963
File Name: OPEN RAILS NP USRA 55 Ton Hopper 3-Pack
File Submitter: scottb613
File Submitted: 25 Nov 2014
File Category: Hoppers Std Gauge

MSTS NP USRA 55 Ton Hopper 3-Pack

=== LICENSE ===

FREEWARE: The user is hereby permitted to - use - modify - and - upload - the contents of this file - for non-commercial purposes only. Use your head and just please keep it FREE folks as I've spent a great deal of time on this work. Please include my original README with any subsequent uploads. All contributors retain full rights to their respective contributions.

=== DISCLAIMER ===

WARNING - USE AT YOUR OWN RISK - WARNING

While I've done my absolute best to make sure everything works properly - I make no guarantees, warranties, or promises - this software is provided for use at your own risk.

WARNING - USE AT YOUR OWN RISK - WARNING

=== MODEL NOTES ===

The model was created with 3D Canvas/Crafter Pro with a heavy reliance on the "Trainworks" plug-in tools created by Paul Gausden (Decapod).

Model textures are all optimized for Open Rails - as that's all I use any more - if they don't look good in MSTS the fix is the standard add some noise to the texture files to remove blotches.

This model focuses on good performance for long trains. I did spend a great deal of time attempting to create LOD models that transitions seamlessly to avoid the normal issues - like vanishing wheels - that most people associate with poorly done LODs.

=== PROTOTYPE ===

Classification: USRA 55 Ton Hopper

=== INSTALLATION ===

For ease of installation - a single file installer has been provided - this installer needs to be pointed to your "Train Simulator" root directory. By default - the installer should read the registry entry for your MSTS install location and populate it for you. This can be changed to accommodate mini-route - or - non standard installs.

Example of proper install path:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Train Simulator

=== CREDITS/CONTRIBUTIONS ===

First off I'd like to thank all the pioneers in MSTS who figured out how all this stuff works. I've had a great deal of help from many people while working on this model and many more have provided inspiration.

Tim Muir (NP Rail Fonts) - anyone who knows Tim knows his favorite railroad. Tim graciously allowed me to use his custom NP fonts on this model.

Bob "Plainsman" Bodoin (Physics) - the undisputed king of rail car physics.

Rich "Huecuvoe" (Coal Texture) - used with permission from his Hip Hoppers collection that I've enjoyed for years.

Elvas Tower and the Steam4Me sites are two invaluable resources that greatly helped in the development of this model.

One and all - greatly appreciated folks.

=== CONCLUSION ===

If I have forgotten anyone I humbly apologize but know that I appreciate all the advice and inspiration I've received. I also must mention that the vast amount of information available on the forums regarding modelling for MSTS has been invaluable. The success I've had in making these models would not have been possible without drawing on the experience of so many others that have blazed the trail before!

Thank you all and hope you enjoy these models.

Scott Brunner

Click here to download this file

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users