Elvas Tower: Extended AI train shunting - Elvas Tower

Posting Rules

All new threads will be started by members of the Open Rails team, Staff, and/or Admins. Existing threads started in other forums may get moved here when it makes sense to do so.

Once a thread is started any member may post replies to it.
  • 16 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Extended AI train shunting Rate Topic: -----

#131 User is offline   Csantucci 

• Member, Board of Directors
  • Group: Status: Elite Member

Posted 08 July 2015 - 11:15 AM

I have filed a blueprint https://blueprints.l...-join-and-split to implement an on-screen info that a train includes a joined train, and to remove the need for an AI train path to have a 60001 WP if it has to be joined by a player train.

#132 User is online   steamer_ctn 

• Open Rails Developer

Posted 09 July 2015 - 02:54 AM

Hi Carlo,

View PostCsantucci, on 08 July 2015 - 11:15 AM, said:

I have filed a blueprint https://blueprints.l...-join-and-split to implement an on-screen info that a train includes a joined train, and to remove the need for an AI train path to have a 60001 WP if it has to be joined by a player train.

Thanks for that.

Is it possible to allow for the special triggering of the RP when a player train uncouples from an AI train, provided that it is a split function and that the RP is in the same section? This triggering should only occur after the split operation and would negate the need to run the bank locomotive forward before reversing it. WDYT?

Are there any scenarios that this might cause problems in?

Thanks

#133 User is online   steamer_ctn 

• Open Rails Developer

Posted 17 July 2015 - 10:41 PM

Hi Carlo,

View PostCsantucci, on 08 July 2015 - 11:15 AM, said:

What is the current status of this modification?

Thanks

#134 User is offline   Csantucci 

Posted 18 July 2015 - 12:24 PM

Hi Peter,
this has been implemented in release x3201. However pls. note that since release x3200 any uncouple operation (be it related to join and split or not) generates a crash at train.cs, line 3055, because the call to FindLeadLocomotives can be originated also from static consists (after an uncouple) or AI trains (after a split), and such trains have LeadLocomotiveIndex = -1. Pls. correct this.

#135 User is offline   James Ross 

• Open Rails Developer
  • Simulator:Open Rails

Posted 20 July 2015 - 01:02 PM

View PostCsantucci, on 18 July 2015 - 12:24 PM, said:

Hi Peter,
this has been implemented in release x3201. However pls. note that since release x3200 any uncouple operation (be it related to join and split or not) generates a crash at train.cs, line 3055, because the call to FindLeadLocomotives can be originated also from static consists (after an uncouple) or AI trains (after a split), and such trains have LeadLocomotiveIndex = -1. Pls. correct this.

Has this bug been reported? Let me know so that I can link it to the blueprint so we know the feature caused it.

#136 User is online   steamer_ctn 

• Open Rails Developer

Posted 20 July 2015 - 01:41 PM

View PostJames Ross, on 20 July 2015 - 01:02 PM, said:

Has this bug been reported? Let me know so that I can link it to the blueprint so we know the feature caused it.

This problem was corrected in X3202.

A note was put into the blueprint.

#137 User is offline   James Ross 

• Open Rails Developer
  • Simulator:Open Rails

Posted 20 July 2015 - 01:58 PM

View Poststeamer_ctn, on 20 July 2015 - 01:41 PM, said:

This problem was corrected in X3202.

A note was put into the blueprint.

Ah, okay, that's fine. :good:

#138 User is offline   Rohit 

• Conductor
  • Group: Status: Active Member
  • Simulator:MSTS, Open Rails

Posted 12 October 2015 - 07:01 AM

Please guide me in solving this issue,

A train with one loco plus 12 coaches arrive at station. After 4 hours, the loco has to detach from the train and perform a run round so that the loco itself will attach onto the other side of the train and proceed in the reverse direction. I have set the paths (source destination source) and now I need to implement advanced AI shunting. I have tried it but it will result in more wait time. Please help me in solving this issue...

#139 User is offline   Csantucci 

Posted 12 October 2015 - 11:45 AM

The path for the AI train must be a single one (it's not as in timetable mode, where you have separate paths).
You must first lay down in the path the WP to stop the train for four hours. You can either insert a standard WP (value 14400 for 4 hours) or an absolute WP ( format 3HHMM ) if you want to set the time of departure.
Just after this first WP you insert a second WP of type 4NNSS, where NN is the number of trainsets that are part of the remaining moving consist, and SS the number of seconds the train will stop. In your case you can insert 40101 (only the loco is part of the remaining moving train, thus only 1 trainset). Then you insert the reverse point where the loco must reverse, the second reverse point where the loco reverses again to couple to the rear of the cars, a third reverse point under the cars to be coupled, and if you want a short waiting point, so that the AI train does not restart immediately after coupling.

#140 User is offline   Rohit 

• Conductor
  • Group: Status: Active Member
  • Simulator:MSTS, Open Rails

Posted 13 October 2015 - 05:53 AM

View PostCsantucci, on 12 October 2015 - 11:45 AM, said:

The path for the AI train must be a single one (it's not as in timetable mode, where you have separate paths).
You must first lay down in the path the WP to stop the train for four hours. You can either insert a standard WP (value 14400 for 4 hours) or an absolute WP ( format 3HHMM ) if you want to set the time of departure.
Just after this first WP you insert a second WP of type 4NNSS, where NN is the number of trainsets that are part of the remaining moving consist, and SS the number of seconds the train will stop. In your case you can insert 40101 (only the loco is part of the remaining moving train, thus only 1 trainset). Then you insert the reverse point where the loco must reverse, the second reverse point where the loco reverses again to couple to the rear of the cars, a third reverse point under the cars to be coupled, and if you want a short waiting point, so that the AI train does not restart immediately after coupling.

Done as directed. But it is seen that the train arriving at 13:40:00 at the destination is returning only at 03:51:43 ie, the next day...

The waiting period that I have set is 3 hrs...ie, 10800s

Just after that I have inserted 40101...

But after recalculating the time table in MSTS AE, It is found that that 40100 is counted as waiting time. So there is a total waiting period of approximately 14 hours...

Please help... Please note that I didn't run in Open Rails as I found from MSTS AE that only waiting time is effected (10800+40100).

This was the result I got when I tried it myself yesterday.

• 16 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users