Elvas Tower: X2534 End of Activity. - Elvas Tower

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

X2534 End of Activity. single station stop at start of activity Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   copperpen 

• Executive Vice President
  • Group: Status: Elite Member
  • Simulator:MSTS & OR

Posted 29 September 2014 - 11:46 AM

I have been helping a friend debug a pair of activities on the Cascades route. The first part has a single station stop at the start of the activity and an End of activity at McCreddie where part two starts.

Running it in X2498 gives a normal station stop with the completed message in the F10 window, end of activity happens at McCreddie.

Running it in X2534 gives a normal station stop with completed message in the F10, immediately followed by an Activity Complete message also in the F10 window.

#2 User is offline   James Ross 

• Open Rails Developer
  • Simulator:Open Rails

Posted 01 October 2014 - 05:06 AM

View Postcopperpen, on 01 October 2014 - 03:15 AM, said:

Well, X2533 gives the normal platform activity finished, you may depart. X2534 gives the same message immediately followed by Activity Complete. The Eugene stop is the only passenger stop and is followed in the activity file by the activity complete code that includes the world location.

Okay, so it must be caused by the change then but I didn't find anything last night apart from the cameras so it might be tricky to find.

#3 User is offline   copperpen 

• Executive Vice President
  • Simulator:MSTS & OR

Posted 01 October 2014 - 07:35 AM

View PostJames Ross, on 01 October 2014 - 05:06 AM, said:

Okay, so it must be caused by the change then but I didn't find anything last night apart from the cameras so it might be tricky to find.
+

James
I noticed after another run using X2533 that the activity ended dialog appeared as soon as the train started away from the stop. Therefore I tried several older versions right back to X2133, and found that all have the same behaviour. End of platform activity, ok to depart. Start moving and end of activity. If you carry on, you do reach the actual activity end with the usual dialog.

So it is nothing to do with the recent world location changes, but all to do with how OR is reading activity files. It seems we have the station stop as a location event but as there is no other station stop in the activity the next item is the activity end which is displayed as you leave the stop, but should not be.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users