• You cannot reply to this topic

Election to the Open Rails Management Team Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   cjakeman 

• Vice President
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: ET Admin
  • Simulator:Open Rails

Posted 29 August 2014 - 05:23 AM

Since May last year, the Open Rails Project Team has been led by a management team as announced by the founder Wayne Campbell - James Ross, Rob Roeterdink and myself.

In June this year, after several years of intensive input into the project, Rob retired from both his management and project roles. The team has been considering his replacement but also has been looking at a formal constitution for the project - something we haven't had before.

The draft constitution calls for the Open Rails Management Team (ORMT) members to be elected and periodically re-elected by the project team, so the team are now putting forward nominations and there will be a private election shortly.

The Open Rails team discusses team affairs in a private forum, but I'm posting here in public because the candidates being nominated could come from outside the project team. You could be asked to serve!

#2 User is offline   cjakeman 

• Vice President
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: ET Admin
  • Simulator:Open Rails

Posted 07 September 2014 - 08:16 AM

View Postcjakeman, on 29 August 2014 - 05:23 AM, said:

The draft constitution calls for the Open Rails Management Team (ORMT) members to be elected and periodically re-elected by the project team, so the team are now putting forward nominations and there will be a private election shortly.

This is a follow-up message to announce that Andre Ming ("Coonskin") has today been elected by the Open Rails Project Team to serve on the Open Rails Management Team with immediate effect.

Thank you, Andre, for agreeing to stand; we look forward to working with you and I'm sure Open Rails will benefit greatly.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users