• You cannot reply to this topic

Stuff for your farm Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   Genma Saotome 

• Owner Emeritus and Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: ET Admin
  • Simulator:Open Rails

Posted 19 August 2014 - 05:01 PM

This site has FREE .pdf files of hundreds of scaled plans for all sorts of different things for your farm, everything from hog barns to smoke houses to picnic tables to pit privies can be found there (don't think too long about that).

Plans are dated from 1927 into the late 1980's. Many were published by the U.S.D.A.

I was surprised to see plans for hog barns, sheep barns, horse barns, cow barns, chicken barns, and milking barns. I thought a barn was a barn! Need a new farmhouse? It's there too. Machinery Storage Building? About a dozen to choose from. Need a grasshopper poison spreader? There is a plan for that as well.

And so on.

VERY interesting stuff.

#2 User is offline   c36dash7 

• Engineer
  • Group: Status: Inactive

Posted 20 August 2014 - 01:29 PM

Feedback : Wow! This is , just as I heard last couple days, yet another priceless "Barn Find" . Absolutely nothing can ever be more useful to a modelbuilder, than to work from "plans" and drawings, and very surprised the links I checked so far, make plans instantly available for download.

Thanks again so much for this find, Genma, and do not be too surprised to see some of those drawings, translate into models uploaded to the File Library, here.

Jean Brisson

#3 User is offline   eolesen 

• Superintendant
  • Group: Private - Open Rails Developer
  • Simulator:ORTS

Posted 20 August 2014 - 03:06 PM

Good stuff. I thought I'd seen some of these also available on the Michigan Department of Agriculture's website some time ago.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users