• You cannot reply to this topic

How to open the apk file with TSUNPACK in Windows 7 Rate Topic: -----

#21 User is offline   markus_GE 

• Executive Vice President
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: ET Admin
  • Simulator:ORTS / MSTS

Posted 14 August 2014 - 05:23 AM

I´m getting to think that having TSunpack working the "click an APK and it does its job" way is the rare hing here...

@ Paul: Actually, it is advised to keep MSTS out of any Program Files folder, the normal one or the (x86) one. Something to do with a special way Windows treats applications therein, actually copying them to run them from a hidden folder... I can´t recall the details now, but it´s been brought up only recently in a conversation on ORTS and Program Files folders.

@John: That is the recommended location for installing MSTS. Or better, one of them. It´s outside the program files.

Now to your problem and the thought Bazza brought up regarding the registry settings. Could you please do the following:

• Click on the Windows button, and in the search field type "regedit". Open the program that should soon be shown.
  • In the left hand tree view, minimize all paths, if any are open, and expand HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT.
  • Click any item therein, so it´s highlighted, and type ".apk", without the quotes.
  • It should then highlight the .apk entry, if any.
  • If you have it, take a look at the right hand detail view of the highlighted .apk entry. You should see one item of type REG_SZ, called (Standard), and in Data something along the lines of TrainSim.Packaged.Activity should be written.
  • Back in the tree view, type the beginning of what you read in the data field, and you should hopefully find a folder of the exact name as was shown in the data colum.
  • Expand that TrainSim.Packaged.Activity (or similar) folder. You should find a sub-folder called Shell. Expand again, you should find Open, in which, if expanded again, you should find Command.
  • With command highlighted, you should see another RE_SZ in the right hand view, named (Standard). Compare whatever there is in the Data colums to what I have showing up there:
    "C:\MSTS\Train Simulator\Utils\TSUnpack.exe" "%1"

The quotes must also be there!

Hope the bug is in there, ´cause that would be easy to solve.

Cheers, Markus

#22 User is offline   jpmackay 

• Conductor
  • Group: Status: R.I.P. or just Retired

Posted 14 August 2014 - 06:11 PM

No luck so far after several tries from the members here especially with markus_GE, charland and R H Steele too. I am not sure what exactly the problem is with this stubborn tsunpack.exe in MSTS with Windows 7 64 Bit?

Thank you,

John

#23 User is offline   charland 

• Vice President
  • Group: Status: Elite Member
  • Simulator:MSTS/OR

Posted 15 August 2014 - 03:12 AM

Hi John,

Maybe it would have to know what route and what activity just in case someone has had the same problems and it's no really a tsunpack issue.

One other thing... can you open the route in Route Editor and is there an ACT file in the activities folder you might be about to open in Activity Editor? Can you open the route in Activity Editor like you was going to create a new activity?

Paul :-)

#24 User is offline   jpmackay 

• Conductor
  • Group: Status: R.I.P. or just Retired

Posted 15 August 2014 - 11:02 AM

Yes I can open the activity of the route that I look at in the program of Microsoft Train Simulator Editors and Tools program with Activity Editor. The route is Illnois Central and the apk file is ICRoad. Don't worry about this now and there's nothing else left trying to fix the tsunpack.exe. I will have to go along without this tsunpack.exe to unpack.

John

#25 Inactive_urbanboymne_*

• Group: Status: Passengers (Obsolete)

Posted 14 September 2014 - 02:33 AM

You must download tsunpack fix! After that just drag apk file on tsunpack. good luck

• 3 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users